Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Benzos Kill A Trip?
    #9795565 - 02/14/09 12:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just wondering, I've heard from many people on this forum that if someone starts to freak out on a psychedelic to give them benzos.

I did 2mg of xanax when I started freaking out once, and it didn't stop the trip at all. It was still just as intense with all the mindfuck and cool visuals.

I heard with acid it 100% stops the trip, but I'm not certain about that.

I just don't want you people to tell someone to pop someone full of benzos to kill their trip when it won't actually stop it.

Anyone shed light on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBEEP
Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9795599 - 02/14/09 01:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i think they just help you mellow out a little which helps if ur having a anxiety ridden bad trip. i'dlike to know more too i always have a couple kpins laying around just in case but ive never had to use them.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: BEEP]
    #9795636 - 02/14/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm just pissed that there's all these people around the forum "just give them some benzos like xanax," which I've heard "is the king of benzos" by Coaster, when it doesn't do anything. it didn't even help to mellow me out. I was still scared and all that shit.

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
    #9795717 - 02/14/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you didn't take enough...correct me if I'm wrong but I've read 0,7mg per Kilo of weight so usually 7 or 10 mg of diazepam should calm the person down  a bit....I'm not sure though I will search benzo's dosage somewhere (probably on erowid or wikipedia) cause maybe I've been missinformed ass well and might over do it and die xD

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#9795731 - 02/14/09 01:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

different effects for different people at different times

Benzos can kill a trip and I have experienced it.

Makes it possible to sleep

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #9796019 - 02/14/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I only tried it once, not to kill a bad one, just to sleep, . . . it didnt help me sleep just put the trip into a lower gear, i was still very much on acid though

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: Spiderbaby]
    #9796092 - 02/14/09 02:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah.

Seriously how much xanax would I need to take @140 pounds to stop a trip?

It's funny cuz the night of I came on here and asked "hey if things go bad I can stop the trip with xanax right?"

everyone says yes.

that night I took my 2mg and they're like "it won't stop a trip."

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9796388 - 02/14/09 03:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

bastards. i have heard that it works but never tried it so i dunno how much would work or if it just doesn't work

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
    #9796470 - 02/14/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah it does help I'm sure... but it depends on the person's weight among other individual characteristics....I think it's like 0,07 mg per kilo instead of 0,7...I rechecked and I was wrong on that one so for a 140 pounds (supposing this people were right) I'd guess 4 or 5 mgs would do....you can always do 7 or 10 to be sure....it shouldn't cause any trouble :S But that's just according to what I read with my mom while I was searching what to do (in spanish xD) in case of a bad trip while having a bad trip myself like 3 or 4 months ago so don't trust my memorie and do some research on dosage xD

I remember they recomended taking a small dosage and then if it didn't work taking another after 45 minutes and so until the anxiety stopped but without exceeding a certain dosage which I don't remember well....I'll research and come back later to rectify all of this

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: EM455]
    #9796893 - 02/14/09 05:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

definitely doesnt kill the trip for me. i love taking klonopin after i peak when im starting to come down. ill take a klonopin and drink some rum and i feel great, and get to sleep easily.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineImperialCactus
Stranger

#9797263 - 02/14/09 06:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

People really, really need to realize that Xanax is tricky when it comes to dosages, most people have very different tolerances. I wouldn't rely on weight either. Dose information isn't the easiest to find, and probably not safe to give. But anyways, no... Xanax does not kill a trip unless you maybe take so much that you pass out. It does take the edge off, and can have other positive qualities as well though. Mushrooms or LSD are fairly powerful substances. It's probably going to take more than 2mg to really help come out of a bad trip, even if you normally have a low tolerance to begin with. I know I shouldn't say how much I take, but lets just say it's a lot and I have a fairly high tolerance.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: ImperialCactus]
    #9797330 - 02/14/09 07:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I took 10mg of olanzapine once when I when I was shrooming and then lay down in bed, and fell asleep while I was still tripping.

OfflineLiquid Time
Chronic Bionic

Loc: Earth
Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: retrospect]
    #9797662 - 02/14/09 07:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Benzos will not CHEMICALLY stop you from tripping.

They just chill you out and get rid of anxiety.  I guess it's possible to think you aren't tripping anymore, but most likely you just don't care or don't notice it as much.  Plus your memory is extreeeeeemely impaired.

One of my buddies ate a dose a few hours after we had been eating xanax all day, then snorted some more xanax later on in the night.  I know he was tripping before we snorted more xanax, because he started to come up as we were driving somewhere (which of course is nothing to be realistically concerned about right? on benzos). 

Long story short, the next morning he winds up in jail for all of Spring Break on tons of different crazy ass, fairly serious charges.  Didn't remember the night at all, or most of the days in jail.  Don't really want to explain the rest of it, but the point is LSD + Xanax = possible batshit lunacy.

Moral of the story:  Do not FUCK with benzos carelessly, even by themselves.  They're the one drug that has always guaranteed me a bad experience...in a whole different kind of way. The paradox of this is that the primary purpose of benzos is to make you take everything lightly, so it's easy to go eat more, etc. and continue into a downward spiral.

With that in mind, it's important to know what can happen if you experience any type of withdrawal...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal
^ Absolutely horrible.  Glad to say i've only felt the very very tip of the iceberg so i'm not an expert by any means, but i'm 100% certain that it can be just as bad as quitting heroin if not worse.  To the point where you can either die from physical dependency or you'll feel like killing yourself with little hesitation.  Don't mean to fear monger, just recognizing very real possibilities. 

Anyways, if someone is having a bad trip i'd still recommend trying to change their mindset before adding more drugs into the equation.  Only mix shit that you absolutely have experience with and know you can handle.

--------------------

Edited by Liquid Time (02/14/09 08:25 PM)

OfflineSysyphus
The Psychonautic Chemist

Re: Benzos Kill A Trip? [Re: retrospect]
    #9797676 - 02/14/09 07:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No type of benzo can kill a trip.

Benzos can only sedate, but if you do wake up (which you won't) you'll still be tripping. What benzos can do, is make trips much more mellow, to the point where the benzo-induced euphoria (usually diazepam or bromazepam) will counter the negative effects your thoughts are provoking, most benzos are also anxiolytic which does help a lot.

If you want to terminate a trip, have either seroquel, haldol or niacin nearby.

Seroquel and haldol will make you hella drowsy while too much niacin will make you itchy, although it can terminate it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies