Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Awesome New Cooking Technique
    #9761129 - 02/08/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I just invented a new cooking technique that I absolutely love...

Basically I went in my freezer cause I wanted something to eat, and I saw some chicken, spinach, asiago cheese sausages.

I thought to myself "Well it is too cold to cook these on the grill, don't feel like waiting for the oven to heat up, boiling them would just be shitty, and I can't just pan fry them cause they are still frozen, so what can I do with these bad Sarahs??"

I decided to combine boiling and pan frying for one of the best foodgasms I have had in awhile.

1- Throw the sausages still frozen into the pan, and put it on medium low heat. Rotate them around a few times till they get a slight brown tint.

2- Add some water to the bottom of the pan. Just enough so that there is about 1 CM of water in the bottom of the pan. Cover. Cook for awhile, rotating on either side until ALL the water has boiled off. You should see what looks like burnt stuff on the bottom of the pan.

3- Add the same amount of water again. Take a spatula and scrape the bottom of the pan, turning the water into a broth. Continue cooking the sausages rotating to either side, covering in between rotations.

4- When almost all the water has gone, remove the cover and roll the sausages around. As more and more water boils off, you will be left with just the sausage juices. Keep mixing the sausages around until all sides are good and coated in delicious flavor. It will stick to the sides of the sausage creating more or less a caramelized layer of awesomeness.  Remove from pan when there is no longer any "liquid" in the pan.

5- For an easy cleanup just add water to the pan while still over heat. Stir around with the spatula and dump it in the sink. The pan will be sparkly clean :grin:

I suggest you all try it. The pan fried flavor is BOOMING, as well as getting a thorough juicy cooking from "steaming" the sausages in their broth. Amazingly awesome...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Awesome New Cooking Technique [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #9761139 - 02/08/09 04:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

sounds good, you actually tried this? or youre going to?

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Awesome New Cooking Technique [Re: Platinum]
    #9761213 - 02/08/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I just ate it and it was fucking delicious :inlove:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1