Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse?
    #9761095 - 02/08/09 04:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so we all know that harm reduction, and treatment of addicts gets a ridiculously small fraction of the funds that law enforcement.

we also have more and more people realizing, bluntly that cannabis is simply not something that is even remotely the same as, say, cocaine, heroin, crank, etc, in terms of the damages that abusing these substances cause.

im a psychedelics and pot guy, i also smoke the occasional cigar and drink, but i am not even interested in trying these things. other than the tobacco and the alcohol, i dont use things that are addicting. pot may be habit forming but its certainly not addicting in the way that other drugs are, theres a huge difference between habit forming and addicting.

i guarantee that if a third of the money we spend on law enforcement went to harm reduction programs, we would have way less adicts, way less problems of adicts stealing, etc and therefore less drugs (as the demand would go down)

i wish there was a way to at least show our legislators that people are increasingly wanting treatment programs funded in lieu of law enforcement dollars.

cant help but notice our states attorney general john suthers seems to complain about the monetary cost of meth law enforcement but clearly he would be in favor of throwing more money at the problem, which is it mr suthers?

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9761135 - 02/08/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

we also have more and more people realizing, bluntly that cannabis is simply not something that is even remotely the same as, say, cocaine, heroin, crank, etc, in terms of the damages that abusing these substances cause.

Ah, another hypocrite falling for government propaganda.  Pat yourself on the back.  People like you are the reason drugs are illegal.

"My drug is better than your drug, so my drug should be legal and your drug should be illegal."

:rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse? (moved) [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9761138 - 02/08/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from Political Discussion.

Reason:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse? [Re: Seuss]
    #9761301 - 02/08/09 04:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

Ah, another hypocrite falling for government propaganda.  Pat yourself on the back.  People like you are the reason drugs are illegal.

"My drug is better than your drug, so my drug should be legal and your drug should be illegal."

:rolleyes:

once again you are being pompous and assuming.  i dont think any drugs should be illegal, thats exactly what i am getting at.

marijuana is simply not as bad a drug as the others mentioned. These substances in and of themselves are not "bad" and crank and cocaine are actually legal, so long as you have a prescription (sched 2)

just like alcohol in and of itself is not bad people still develop problems with it, and honestly, ethanol consumption is simply the only other drug besides tobacco that I can think of that is 100% recreational, even though it does have some health benefits, and the same with nicotine, like everything has been shown to have medical benefit.

if you had narcolepsy you would benefit from being prescribed amphetamines, and a lot of times way back when they would prescribe it for damn near everything. a lot of meth addicts arent what you would consider the typical tweaker, its soccer moms who use it for whatever benefits it gives them.

what i am getting at is if we started making drug abuse and addiction the mental health problem that it is, through harm reduction, people would see that this actually works 100 times better than trying to arrest our way to a "drug free america."

we will never have a drug free america, but as with alcohol, people do sometimes need help, and alcohol does cause problems with people, but the answer is clearly not make alcohol illegal (again) the answer is harm reduction.

tobacco is extremely addicting, Malcolm X stated he had a harder time giving up tobacco than heroin. Does that mean it should be outlawed? hell no.

i don't even know how you read into things of people you dont like so much that you start putting words in peoples mouths.

--------------------

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9764511 - 02/09/09 05:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

> once again you are being pompous and assuming.

Pompous, perhaps, but assuming?  You said, and I quote:

"cannabis is simply not something that is even remotely the same as, say, cocaine, heroin, crank, etc, in terms of the damages that abusing these substances cause"

You are categorizing, which is exactly what the propaganda machine wants you to do.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9764898 - 02/09/09 09:09 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

To reallocate the funds, the drugs need to be legalized first. I saw a statistic somewhere that a significant amount of money does get spent on treatment currently. Once harm reduction as a policy gets momentum, then maybe the ball to legalization will get rolling. Policing and harm-reduction are antagonistic. Policing results in incarceration, propaganda, and taboos, whereas harm-reduction results in treatment, education, and openness.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#9773840 - 02/10/09 06:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> once again you are being pompous and assuming.

Pompous, perhaps, but assuming?  You said, and I quote:

"cannabis is simply not something that is even remotely the same as, say, cocaine, heroin, crank, etc, in terms of the damages that abusing these substances cause"

You are categorizing, which is exactly what the propaganda machine wants you to do.

please tell me you dont honestly believe that abuse of heroin, crank, cocaine is as bad as pot?

I wont lie and say that I think everyone who uses these goes on to become all out drug addicts, but these are indeed addicting drugs whereas, yes, I do think marijuana is simply not the same as these other drugs.

if you think they are, you are doing what the propaganda machine wants of you, to think pot is just as bad as heroin, cocaine, crack and meff. these drugs have their medical uses, and can be abused. yes, not everyone, in fact most dont become addicted, or develop serious problems, but many do.

i have yet to see that truly come of cannabis.

if you think cocaine, meff, etc dont cause people problems, and that they are no worse than cannabis, there is something very WRONG with you :eek:

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: reallocating funds for the drug problem=less drug abuse? [Re: Green_T]
    #9808755 - 02/16/09 03:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
To reallocate the funds, the drugs need to be legalized first. I saw a statistic somewhere that a significant amount of money does get spent on treatment currently. Once harm reduction as a policy gets momentum, then maybe the ball to legalization will get rolling. Policing and harm-reduction are antagonistic. Policing results in incarceration, propaganda, and taboos, whereas harm-reduction results in treatment, education, and openness.

i dont disagree that they are antagonistic, but they dont need to legalized before putting more money into treatment and harm reduction, in fact the rest of your statement supports this.

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals