Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Mycology Club :)!
    #9734480 - 02/04/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So at my college i've been pressing to start the Mycology club because the school doesnt have one. NOW WE DO! I just got an approval and I am president of the club.  I get funding from the school and class time now to teach people how to grow gourmet mushrooms (of course.) Now, what is a simple mushroom to start noobs out on because I've grown actives but never edibles.  I'll start off with the pf tek because it's the simplest in my opinion.  I want to try oysters because i think they're cool looking and look tasty, but I hear they need massive amount of fresh air.  I'll be using the shotgun tub so will this all work with oysters and if not, what should i grow? Thanks everyone (especially RogerRabbit whos videos will be shown as reference in class- credit given of course)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mycology Club :)! [Re: PreparationH]
    #9734500 - 02/04/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Oysters will grow on pf tek, but in truth it's just a novelty grow to learn the basics.  You can't grow enough to be worth the time and money as food.  However, you can spawn the fully colonized brf cakes to sawdust and woodchips, which is what I'd recommend to do with at least half your first batch of cakes.  They also grow well on shredded paper, so you can score ecology points at school by recycling old tests and other paper waste from the various classes into mushrooms.

Oysters require far more FAE than cubes, so if you use a shotgun terrarium, leave the lid off and mist more to make up for lost moisture.  Keep them in a cool place, because oysters get thin and paper-like at room temperature.  At 50F, they'll form nice meaty fruits that will knock your socks off in a stir fry.  I've found that the unheated crawl space under my house is perfect for oysters in the winter.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Mycology Club :)! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9734554 - 02/04/09 01:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

my room is probably always 60 degrees so i can deal with less mushrooms this is just to get other people into the idea of growing them. PLUS, this is my way of experimenting with liquid cultures while having my university pay for it (I damn well better take advantage with the money they rape me of) When I spawn the cakes to shredded paper should i break the cakes up or just throw them in a tray and put shredded paper in with cakes?

OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mycology Club :)! [Re: PreparationH]
    #9734647 - 02/04/09 02:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i'd break up the cakes to encourage faster colonization. also you should look into milk crates

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck