Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
should i be worried? (pinning/fruiting)
    #9733073 - 02/04/09 05:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It has been about 11 days since I cased 8 BRF cakes. For the first 5 days I was having issues retaining humidity in my terrarium but using the wonderful advice I recieved from all you lovely people at Shroomery I was able to rectify the problem with ease :heart:

With that said, I only see 3 small primordia on 2 seperate cakes (1 on one cake and 2 on the other cake) they are forming toward the bottom kind of curling upward.

Im not sure if theres much activity going on otherwise and if there is its not apparently noticable. The casing layers at this point dont look the best, when I was having problems with the humidity some of the casings fell off but compared to other pics of casings on the net it doesnt look too bad.

I am so very excited to see the cute lil baby mushies I am proud that I have been able to get this far :tongue2: but thats beside the point.

Should I be worried that theres not more visible primordia at this point?? or is it possible that it is still too soon??

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: should i be worried? (pinning/fruiting) [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #9733108 - 02/04/09 06:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Keep up with misting and fanning. Its commen for the vermiculite to fall of the cakes a little. You can put your verm in the blender briefly to get it a little finer and it should stick to your cake better.

forming on the bottom suggests that humidity is greatest there.

Dont be afraid to get your cakes wet, they love to be moist. Fan after misting, this will evaporate any pools of moisture that has formed.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Re: should i be worried? (pinning/fruiting) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9739149 - 02/05/09 04:18 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i noticed more primordia popping up on the other cake but only really visible at the very bottom of the cake.

it does make sense that it is the humidity I do fan/mist often when needed (2wice a day)

but it is only 2 cakes (across from each other) that i can actually see visible primordia ...

is it a problem that the primordia are forming at the bottom of the cake? will those mushrooms survive? could that cause any other problems with mushrooms growing elsewhere?

is there anything i can do?

thanx again!! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
    #9739183 - 02/05/09 04:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Did you say you are only misting and fanning two times a day? Increase that. At least the fanning. You want to give it as much FAE as possible at this stage.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Re: should i be worried? (pinning/fruiting) [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9741136 - 02/05/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

thanx for the advice i will do so ...

about the bottom pinning, there is some excess verm casing that fell off over the coarse thats laying on the foil the cakes are sitting on, I have read some things that have said that this could be the cause nad one referenced "the double ended casing tek"

would it be too late to add more verm to the top of the cakes and moisten it to try and encourage pinns from the top?

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9741169 - 02/05/09 02:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Primordia often appear near the bottom where the humidity is highest.

They will eventually pop out from inder the cake and start growing upwards.

I have even had bottom fruits tip a cake over on its side on many an occasion as the stem starts to thicken.

I wouldn't worry about a thing.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck