Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsylopsycho
Motivational Speaker
Male

Loc: The Tundra
Multi Strain Question
    #9728974 - 02/03/09 02:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok everyone, this may have been asked before but i was unable to find the specific answers to my question.

I am preparing a dubtub grow in which I will be using rye spawned to hpoo. I am going to use some syringes that I have lying around.

Seeing as how I am strapped for cash & can't purchase any syringes or prints at this time, & want to use a higher spawn ratio, I am contemplating using 3 different strains in one tub.

I know that spawning multiple strains is a "Wait & see" scenario but are there any negatives to doing this besides not knowing what strain is actually fruiting.

Will combining the three seperate strains in the one tub to create a bigger bulk sub have any effects on colonization, or fruiting of the sub?
Will the yields be affected in any way by doing this?

Any insight is appreciated

--------------------

Someone actually said: "some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores ""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJitsu
JKD Love
Male User Gallery

Re: Multi Strain Question [Re: psylopsycho]
    #9729052 - 02/03/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psylopsycho said:
Ok everyone, this may have been asked before but i was unable to find the specific answers to my question.

I am preparing a dubtub grow in which I will be using rye spawned to hpoo. I am going to use some syringes that I have lying around.

Seeing as how I am strapped for cash & can't purchase any syringes or prints at this time, & want to use a higher spawn ratio, I am contemplating using 3 different strains in one tub.

I know that spawning multiple strains is a "Wait & see" scenario but are there any negatives to doing this besides not knowing what strain is actually fruiting.

Will combining the three seperate strains in the one tub to create a bigger bulk sub have any effects on colonization, or fruiting of the sub?

What do you mean a wait and see scenario?

It will be fine. I've spawned 5 strains to 1 tub before and the results were no different than 1.

--------------------
Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

How I get my Pinsets
The Capabilities Of A Shotgun FC

OfflineLennyk
D-O-L-E Dole
Male

Loc: Near the Ground
Re: Multi Strain Question [Re: psylopsycho]
    #9729057 - 02/03/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psylopsycho said:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Why does this exact thread get repeated at least twice a month?  This has been going on for years.  Even the 'related threads' link below shows how often this gets repeated.  The answer is easy to find in the search engine as well.

Strains of the same species do NOT compete for nutrients and they do NOT fight it out.  That's absolutely silly.  Do the genes of a lady from Florida and a man from Texas fight it out when they make a baby?  Of course not.  Squirt as many different strains into the same jar or substrate as you want.  It's no different than multispore inoculation from one print.  It's all the same species.  Everybody who's done it has reported the same results.  A normal flush that looks just like any multispore inoculated flush.
RR

Also if strapped for cash consider a mycelium syringe to expand what you have:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Throwing spores into honey or karo has to be the worst possible way to make a liquid culture and I'll be glad when this current fad passes and folks can get back to established techniques.  Just inoculate some grains or brf in the standard way and you'll be miles ahead.

For those who wish to make LC for inoculation, here's a way to get 100 syringes full of inoculant in two weeks: 1) Inoculate a quart jar of rye berries or wbs with your spores.  Upon full colonization, shake the jar to loosen each individual kernel.  Be sure to give it the smell test to make sure it smells like fresh mushrooms. 2) PC a quart of distilled water in a jar with a filter disk or tyvek, etc.  In a glovebox or in front of a flowhood, pour 2/3 of the quart jar of sterilized water into your jar of shaken grains.  3) Shake well and then pour the now mycelium rich water back into whatever was left of your jar of sterilized water. Use the jar lid to hold back the grains themselves from pouring out.  You now have a full quart of highly concentrated mycelium water that can then be used as is, or diluted two or three times again, and used to fill syringes.  Because the grains were shaken first, the mycelium is ripped into shreds and will be sucked through even small needles easily, although larger needles always work better for this.

Remember, mycelium grows poorly in water unless under constant stir which oxygenates it.  With grains, they colonize in two weeks or less because oxygen is throughout the jar in the spaces between the kernels.
RR

--------------------
Stealth Lighting 
Cubensis benefits beyond cluster headaches
Mush Extract! (You can even use Vinegar!)
Flame your needle in style with a sexy mini butane torch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happens in the Romper Room, stays in the Romper Room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts are written by the sex deprived helper monkey Curious George.

Edited by Lennyk (02/03/09 03:10 PM)

Invisiblepsylopsycho
Motivational Speaker
Male

Loc: The Tundra
Re: Multi Strain Question [Re: Lennyk]
    #9729077 - 02/03/09 03:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lennyk said:
Quote:

psylopsycho said:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Why does this exact thread get repeated at least twice a month?  This has been going on for years.  Even the 'related threads' link below shows how often this gets repeated.  The answer is easy to find in the search engine as well.

Strains of the same species do NOT compete for nutrients and they do NOT fight it out.  That's absolutely silly.  Do the genes of a lady from Florida and a man from Texas fight it out when they make a baby?  Of course not.  Squirt as many different strains into the same jar or substrate as you want.  It's no different than multispore inoculation from one print.  It's all the same species.  Everybody who's done it has reported the same results.  A normal flush that looks just like any multispore inoculated flush.
RR

Right on. Thanks for posting that. Thats the answer I was looking for.:thumbup:

--------------------

Someone actually said: "some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores ""

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract