Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
TEK - Sending Sensitive Information With Encryption
    #9724590 - 02/02/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

After typing out this Gold-Mine of a tek for another Shroomerite, I decided that I might as well just post it up on the boards so you all can get access to it :grin:

Now I realize that 99% of you are going to say "Why the hell would you ever need to send a file that securely??" The bottom line is I have no fucking idea! But if you have the need to send a file that contains sensitive information you don't want read by ANYONE other than who you want to read it, read on...

Just before you get started, you need 3 things, all freeware...

Notepad
Winzip
A Hushmail account

If you are looking for a simple method of encryption that is hassle free, here is my tek.

1 - Type up whatever it is that needs to be typed in NOTEPAD. Save it.

2 - Open Winzip. File - New Archive - Create a File Name (NOT THE NAME OF THE FILE YOU WANT TO ENCRYPT!!)

3 - Select your saved NOTEPAD file.

4- Click the Encrypt button.

5- Go HERE I have the settings as.

*Generate 1 string
*20 characters long
*Check ALL 3 BOXES
Quote:

Quote:
    Numeric digits (0-9)
    Uppercase letters (A-Z)
    Lowercase letters (a-z)

*Identical Strings are allowed

6- Get Strings

7- Back to Winzip :grin: Copy your string and enter it into the password section.
***Be sure to choose 256 Bit AES encryption (the industry standard in today's age)***

8- Send the file :grin:

***Notes***

You do not need to use notepad. I just find that sending a text file is easiest with notepad, its a very simple, straightforward platform, if you just want to send someone some words. No need for watermarks, different sizes, fonts, colors, and all that other shit Microsoft word will let you do.

You can also apply the same encryption technique to other kinds of files. Say pictures of Obama executing 30 Nigerian Children, that you want to get out to the public news channels without having the Obama-stapo kidnapping and throwing you into a drum of Muriatic acid.

***End Notes***

Now I'm sure you have realized something. "Well shit... I just sent an encrypted file, how the hell are they going to open it without the password??" Well the bottom line is that they can't. So this is where the second layer of security comes in.

Get a free Hushmail account. http://www.hushmail.com/

Now just enforce, anyone who you want to trade with, needs to get a Hushmail account as well!

Now send the PASSWORD through Hushmail. ONLY the password.

Even if Hushmail gets hacked, they ONLY have the password. They still don't have the file.

Send the actual encrypted file through either aim, upload it to somewhere where they can download it, whatever you feel is easiest. If you are using a proxy on all internet connections, than you have 2 separate files sent out. One a password, and one an encrypted file. There is nothing to tie both files to you, or to tie the 2 files together. The ONLY other place where the password and file will be together is with whoever you are communicating. :grin:

Now I realize there may be some unforeseen hole that all of you with PhD's in Computer Cryptology will be just BURSTING to point out to me, but for all intensive purposes if you follow this Tek your data is safe. :grin:

5 :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: If you think this is helpful.

If anyone wants to test out this with me, to get a feel of how it works, feel free to throw a PM or post here. Obviously I won't send you my bank account numbers, but I'll type up a little ditty or something so you can run through the process.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom