Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Who here is drug-free?
    #9721175 - 02/02/09 04:22 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just wondering.  I quit pot.  I don't want to go back.  I like the clean feeling. 

Shrooms are the only drug I will do now, but it has been months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: MOTH]
    #9721195 - 02/02/09 04:50 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the only things i do are drink alcohol, eat shrooms a few times a year, and i rarely smoke pot, i mean very rarely, usually only if i am really drunk.

i dont care to smoke anymore, it makes me lazy and unmotivated.

never done meth, coke, pills, uppers, downer, all arounders.

i have done acid though and i will not do it again.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#9721212 - 02/02/09 05:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i'm drug free... at least not any illegal drugs since new years.

i've done many different drugs, but always loved pot. it was the only one that was worth doing on a regular basis to me and it was always my favorite. i'd rather smoke a joint than drink a beer any day.

but anyways, just wanted to say, in my case at least, moderation is key. if i smoked too often, yes i would get unmotivated, lazy, and feel burned out all the time. if i smoked just the right amount though, i could maintain a very healthy and active lifestyle, and get the good effects from pot without the bad. i miss it.

but maybe you two are different. maybe pot isn't for you. but just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #9721421 - 02/02/09 07:26 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I quit using marijuana 20 years ago. I had a severe alcohol addiction I dropped 10 years ago, though I do drink a little beer now and again. Now, I will do LSD, ecstasy, shrooms, or mescaline, and I have logged many hundreds of trips... maybe over a thousand, but these days I just trip maybe 2 to 3 times a year. When ever I feel things are stagnating a powerful trip will help me refocus and re motivate. I had my first ecstasy trip just 2 years ago, and it changed me in some significant ways so a booster shot of that might be good every few years. In the end I like to be sharp and aware. I am not really interested in having my awareness dulled by something...and certainly not on a daily chronic level. I am in one of the most healthy, energetic, and clean periods I have ever experienced in life and I do not intend to compromise that. Being healthy and aware is where it is at.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #9721561 - 02/02/09 08:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Unfortunately, I am drug free. Have been for 8-9 months.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #9721638 - 02/02/09 08:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I quit using marijuana 20 years ago. I had a severe alcohol addiction I dropped 10 years ago, though I do drink a little beer now and again. Now, I will do LSD, ecstasy, shrooms, or mescaline, and I have logged many hundreds of trips... maybe over a thousand, but these days I just trip maybe 2 to 3 times a year. When ever I feel things are stagnating a powerful trip will help me refocus and re motivate. I had my first ecstasy trip just 2 years ago, and it changed me in some significant ways so a booster shot of that might be good every few years. In the end I like to be sharp and aware. I am not really interested in having my awareness dulled by something...and certainly not on a daily chronic level. I am in one of the most healthy, energetic, and clean periods I have ever experienced in life and I do not intend to compromise that. Being healthy and aware is where it is at.

I found your response encouraging and supportive.  Kinda what I was looking for.  I've been marijuana-free for about six weeks now.  I just recently got hit with some cravings for it.  I don't like getting high though.  I want to stay clean.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #9721757 - 02/02/09 09:34 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you dont like it, how could you crave it?

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineInnerStillness
<3 U
Male
    #9721794 - 02/02/09 09:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Im drug free as of now.  Quit weed about a year and a half ago, smoked a lil this past summer, didnt like it so im done with that.  Psychedelics during the summer also.  3 trips.  Thats been it for about a year and a half.  Gotta say I like sober life.  I feel much more powerful on a day to day basis then I ever did while doing drugs.  Actually I still feel I am recovering from that period of my life as I keep attaining higher levels of clarity .  All in All I am content with sober life.  I actually haven't had any kind of drug or stimulant in little over a month now and I love it.  I have a little cid left over from those days, thankful I still have a couple connects in the scene, so I may decide at some point to trip again.  Time will tell.  Tripping is usefull to be sure, but it is much more powerful for me if done with the right intent and not very often.  <3

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #9721821 - 02/02/09 09:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

drug free here.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9721910 - 02/02/09 10:21 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
If you dont like it, how could you crave it?

Because I know it doesn't make me feel well, but having used it habitually (pretty much constantly) for years, I sometimes get the urge to use it still. 

I don't want to though.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #9721931 - 02/02/09 10:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey beautiful Moth... I've been drug free for at least 5 years, excluding pot, which I don't consider a drug.  Although that is a controversial opinion.  :smile:

I'm high on life.

And also pot... but really, what else do I need?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #9722410 - 02/02/09 12:41 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty damn close.  I've quit pot and psychedelics.  I drink about once a week.  I'd like to continue using MDMA, but only a couple times a year.  But I am starting to fear that I'm becoming a caffeine addict.

--------------------

OfflineSolmar
Stranger
Male

Loc: Madeira island
Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: CherryBom]
    #9722506 - 02/02/09 12:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Moth,first let me apologise for the bad English,i´m from Madeira island(Portugal).I do relate with you,i have this identities on my mind since my teens years.Although they try sometimes they don´t interfere on my social live i´m very lucid.

Going back to the subject of your post,yes i´m drug free,pot since last Christmas,Hallucinogenics over 2 years and tobacco nearly a month now this one proving itself to be the more difficult(20 years habit)

Apart from the mild dizziness i´ve been feeling fine,doctor told me that the dizziness is due to the abstinence of tobacco.

Pot was leaving me without energy,very tired i was feeling.
for the moment i´m staying clean.
Since i stop smoking i´m having better image and sound on my hallucination(I need to tell you that I really enjoy them).

So I will stay clean and try to understand what is this all about with me my hallucinations and live.

Stay strong Moth.Peace.

OfflineDarkMoon21
Child In Time
Male

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: Silversoul]
    #9722548 - 02/02/09 01:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've reduced my weed intake to maybe one joint small joint or bong chop by myself whenever I get an opportunity to go hiking alone on a nice day where I can enjoy the high for a few hours, which is rare, very rare these days because the weather is almost always too shitty to enjoy smoking anyways.

I drink no more than 6 beers a week, and quit smoking cigarettes on new years eve.

This past weekend I did one small-ish rail of MDMA and drank a fair amount of Kava Kava, and that'll be the extent of my drug use until sometime late february/early march when I do acid with a friend for a long-planned trip, then I plan on being 98% sober until Mescaline camping in the summer. (Maybe a celebratory mushroom trip when spring arrives, but that's about it)

Sobriety is just superior to being intoxicated. While some people can do it, I don't understand being stoned all the time, it's like your running at half capacity for your whole life. Unlike alot of people, I'm more proactive and creative when I'm sober, with the occasional psychedelic experience thrown in every month or so. I also seem to lose alot of personality when I overindulge in intoxicants, which just plain sucks.

--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Edited by DarkMoon21 (02/02/09 01:08 PM)

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Who here is drug-free? [Re: Solmar]
    #9722571 - 02/02/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

only what the doc prescribes me (unfortunetly) I'm just waiting for a good time to eat some mushies though......E

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #9722744 - 02/02/09 01:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Just wondering.  I quit pot.  I don't want to go back.  I like the clean feeling. 

i smoke occasionally now.

but i still enjoy getting high from time to time.  just not all the time anymore.  i enjoy being sober most of the time too.

HI MOTHY.

--------------------

OfflineIllicitAlchemist
Becoming one.
 User Gallery

Loc: The hara.
    #9722948 - 02/02/09 02:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm currently trying to maintain a drug-free lifestyle, but I am finding it difficult to maintain. I quit cigs and alcohol for about a month but recently relapsed, only a few cigs this past week but imo that's too much. I drank some absinthe the other night and got really drunk, which is not really my cup of tea. I've also smoked a few bong rips and did shrooms a few times this past month as well. However I will continue to work towards a healthier lifestyle over all and eventually I will achieve what I am working towards.

Peace.Love.Unity.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #9723959 - 02/02/09 04:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Other than a glass of red wine with dinner, I am drug free.  (unless you count the cup of coffee I drink in the morning)

> I've been marijuana-free for about six weeks now.  I just recently got hit with some cravings for it.

They come and go, but get less strong with time.  After a five months, I don't have them at all.

> If you dont like it, how could you crave it?

It is the pattern more than the feeling that I craved.  The odd part is, when I did break down and smoke, I didn't enjoy it at all.  It is odd having a craving for something that you no longer enjoy... and it helps me keep smoking in my past.  People always talked about losing the magic, and I never understood.  Now I do.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #9724926 - 02/02/09 07:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I want to stay clean.

It may sound strange, but discipline is a reward almost within itself. I have been able to exercise a small amount of self discipline in my life and I find it to be extremely powerful and at times self sustaining from the gratification it imparts.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
    #9725790 - 02/02/09 09:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:

Yeah, except for green and white tea. I don't like pot. I can't really do mushrooms any more, I always get really nauseous. I think I'm going to start doing low doses of salvia though. It's a good way to start the morning.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea