Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

Control Tower... We Have Pins! (First Monotub) +LC Question
    #9720637 - 02/02/09 12:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I currently have two monotubs going..both PRF.

They were spawned about a week apart.  Well the first tub I put in looked like it was about done colonizing and I was gonna give it another week til i introduce fruiting conditions.  Well that week ended today so I go to check the tub and VOILA! pins have already set in quite nicely.  So I pulled the tub out and am giving it some light.

The substrate is mosly colonized, but there are some spots that have a very thin layer of myc.  It was in the dark the entire time so I am kinda confused as to why it started pinning already but thats okay...im a noob... but im stoked :smile:

would post pics but i dont have a camera, and even if i did the lid is made of plastic wrap so you probably couldnt see crap anyways.

Anyhoot...send me the good vibes!

Well I guess while I am posting, I have started some LC jars, but I was stupid and didnt have anything to put in the jars to break up the myc in there. I am scared to shake it because I remember RR saying how (insert high number) % of lc contaminated are because ppl got the filter wet.  How long should it take to colonize?  Should all of the liquid be fluffy or just half of it?

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Control Tower... We Have Pins! (First Monotub) +LC Question [Re: TBTVox]
    #9720834 - 02/02/09 01:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TBTVox said:
It was in the dark the entire time so I am kinda confused as to why it started pinning already

Light wasn't the reason. I let some jars sit in the light on a shelf to colonize. Most likely you introduced too much fresh air to the tub, that's why they started to pin (maybe you opened the lid too often to check how the inside is doing).

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Control Tower... We Have Pins! (First Monotub) +LC Question [Re: TBTVox]
    #9720891 - 02/02/09 01:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TBTVox said:
Anyhoot...send me the good vibes!

PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.

Seriously, bout the LC. I did the same thing accidentally and I think I managed it well. What I did was I let the jar colonize I think to about 50% then I got my glovebox out and ready. When it came time to start I took a real damp alcoholed paper-towel and I placed it on the jar lid over the filter and I shook the living shit out of it. So after this I extracted what I could get into a syringe and tossed the jar. No contaminants in 3 LCs done like this. From then on though I was a little smarter about LCs.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

Re: Control Tower... We Have Pins! (First Monotub) +LC Question [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9720949 - 02/02/09 01:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
Seriously, bout the LC. I did the same thing accidentally and I think I managed it well. What I did was I let the jar colonize I think to about 50% then I got my glovebox out and ready. When it came time to start I took a real damp alcoholed paper-towel and I placed it on the jar lid over the filter and I shook the living shit out of it. So after this I extracted what I could get into a syringe and tossed the jar. No contaminants in 3 LCs done like this. From then on though I was a little smarter about LCs.

Thanks, I will have to give that a try!

About giving it to much FA, I dont think so.. I never opened the lid.  The lid is just plastic wrap wrapped by ductape on the sides to keep it tight and from falling off.  4 2' holes on both sides been in a closet that rarely opens, and was under a blanket.

Thanks for the replies fellahs!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures