Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBasement Boy
Only two degrees of separation
 User Gallery

Getting ready for Spring Planting
    #9712073 - 01/31/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have read all the info in the Mushroom information section on the main page and have been reading through a bunch of the Outdoor Cultivation archive as well. I seem to still have a few questions that I haven't gotten answers to yet. I still have a bunch to read but though I would throw this out there to see if some of you who have done outdoor patches have anything you want to add.

I have about 300 acres of mixed fields and woods in which to play with.

I know that spring is still a ways off but wanted to start planning it now. Good way to pass the short cold winter days. Plus I will be working to build up grain spawn in the meantime.

Here are a few things I still have yet to come across answers for,
1) I know slugs can be an issue. What about deer? Have a ton of those.
2) If I were to do a number of smaller patches clustered around do you think over time they may merge?
3) How damp can the ground be with out it being too wet? I have some areas that are wetter than others due to seeps and springs.
4) I understand that they should not be in full sun so I will try to use trees and brush to shade them. Are there any trees or other plants that I should keep them away from? One area I am thinking about has a grove of Hemlocks. The pic of the woods it is in the upper right corner you can see how its darker. I think there would be nothing cooler on a warm summer day to head back to the little waterfall there and sit down and just start eating them off the patch.

I hope this is not too many questions but figured I would throw it out there. I still plan on doing a bunch more reading and searching on the topic but would love input on the planned project.

--------------------
Don't Panic It's Organic :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebillycorgan55
Stranger

Re: Getting ready for Spring Planting [Re: Basement Boy]
    #9716252 - 02/01/09 09:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

im sorry man i really cant help you but i am curious as well because i have a similar feild in my yard...And wouldnt deer not eat them because they dont see them as nutricious but poisonous?

OfflineNYGiants420
Hippie
Male

Re: Getting ready for Spring Planting [Re: billycorgan55]
    #9716400 - 02/01/09 09:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol I wanna see a deer eat them and trip balls

--------------------
If I had a shotgun, you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heaven on down for you.
Because the bars are always open, and the time is always right, and if God's good word goes unspoken the music goes all night.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck