Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

Mushrooms and pesticides
    #9710892 - 01/31/09 09:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just a warning.I work for a pest control company.Anyone eating mushrooms from bark mulch be careful.Pesticides are sprayed at least three feet out from foundations of homes and businesses.Its something you don't want to ingest.Be careful and know what your eating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: kergan]
    #9711201 - 01/31/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

cool thanx for posting, glad i dont hunt in those areas

ive worried about shit being sprayed on the lawns i hunt weilii on but......they always put those little flags saying..."this shit will kill your ass, rape your mom and kick your dog if you eat it"....thank god for those signs

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #9711203 - 01/31/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Which pesticides?

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #9711297 - 01/31/09 11:17 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the head's up, Kergan.

They don't spray in our area and I pick my wood lovers in the forest.

--------------------

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #9712064 - 01/31/09 02:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There is a good article in the current issue of Fungi about this subject; although the emphasis is on morels and arsenic. Check it out if you have a chance.

InvisibleDannyGlick

Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: georgeM]
    #9712337 - 01/31/09 02:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks georgeM.Good mind fodderings.

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: CureCat]
    #9712386 - 01/31/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Which pesticides?

Some of the brand names are cyper t.c.,bifen i.t. and termidor.There are more.And most commercial buildings are sprayed monthly.Termidor and bifen are used for termite control and can last five to ten years in soil.

Edited by kergan (01/31/09 03:22 PM)

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9712406 - 01/31/09 03:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
cool thanx for posting, glad i dont hunt in those areas

ive worried about shit being sprayed on the lawns i hunt weilii on but......they always put those little flags saying..."this shit will kill your ass, rape your mom and kick your dog if you eat it"....thank god for those signs

Landscape company's do that after they fertilize or spray weed killer.When we spray pesticides we leave no flags.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9712658 - 01/31/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The people near us spray weed killer (glyphosphate?) that is mixed with a green dye.  It makes dead plants look better and helps warn people that something isn't right.  Many times I have picked Volvariella for the table and found unnatural green stains on them and tossed them back.

A month ago I found a patch of little unknown little Galerina type mushrooms growing in wood chips.  There was so much green pesticide sprayed on them that one of the caps was iridescent green.  The other caps just had lots of bluegreen stains.  They look more active than actives.  I'll post some pictures of them. 

I don't worry much about pesticides like glyphosphate, they might make you a little sick if you eat a lot but its not cumulative like heavy metals or amatoxins.

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9712793 - 01/31/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That blue green is a tracking dye used in boracare treatment, also for termites it lasts indefinitely on wood in the right conditions.The others don't use a dye and no traces are left after treatment.

Offlinewolfe
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9715623 - 02/01/09 01:58 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Does any one know the effects of PGE's cloud seeding chemicals on fungus, They just started pumping a listed chemical into my area, some like silver nitrate? or some thing. Its supposed to wring out more moisture from the air. It's also listed as extremely harmful to life. I know that some mushrooms fix (collect and concentrate) elements and such from their surrounding and if some one with a lab could find out if our edible mushrooms are affected by this thing that PGE says is safe cause PGE is FOS.

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: wolfe]
    #9716161 - 02/01/09 08:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Google it.I don't think its that bad.My friend has a Colloidal silver generator and drinks the stuff every day.He has been doing so for over ten years know with no ill effects.But some people think its very bad for you.TO much gives you a condition called argyria here is a Pict of a man with it.It turns your skin blue.

http://www.silvermedicine.org/argyria_man.jpg

Look Papa smurf

Edited by kergan (02/01/09 08:46 AM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushrooms and pesticides [Re: wolfe]
    #9716844 - 02/01/09 11:21 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Does any one know the effects of PGE's cloud seeding chemicals on fungus, They just started pumping a listed chemical into my area, some like silver nitrate?

Cool!

I have used silver nitrate for silver plating.  Try putting a penny in a silver nitrate solution, it eats away the copper and silver crystals grow in its place.

I wonder if it works for silver iodide too?!?

If we can recover the silver iodide it wouldn't be hard to make valuable silver crystals.

Its true, they really are doing weather modification around Mt. Shasta.

http://www.mtshastanews.com/news/x1772935516

"east of McCloud town, north of Burney town, south of Medicine Lake and bounded on the east by the White Horse and Big Valley mountains"

They just described exactly where I hunt for Boletus pinophilus (now known as Boletus rex-veris) and Boletus regius. 

Quote:

He emphasized too that the seeding would occur during the winter months between November and May. “We are making snow, not rain.”

Well that is certainly mushroom season.  I can't wait to assess the effects of this program!

Quote:

the Pit-McCloud project is a ground-based program, which utilizes seeding generators (metal towers) to launch the material. The towers, currently in place on Sierra Pacific land, are located on higher ground to incorporate the natural uplifting that occurs during winter storms. 

Interesting how they launch the chemical from steel towers.

Quote:

silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.

Those government bastards! Expecting us to pay for our own poison.

Luckily silver isn't a heavy metal like lead or mercury.  Lots of people eat silver for health reasons, they eat the actual metal, medium to large amounts ground up real fine.  Since its safe to eat the metal, I don't think we need to worry about the salts that will show up in our mushrooms.  I wonder if Morchella or Boletus accumulates silver.  If so, the patch just downwind of the tower could be worth a lot of money!

So this is a government program designed to produce more rain during mushroom season, in a prime mushroom producing area.  I am usually against government programs, but this one is awesome and I am all for it. 

We will get to see exactly how well it works this spring.  If its anything like all the other government programs, it will waste a whole lot of money and be counterproductive in the end.  I have my fingers crossed and will report on how well the mushroom season does this year in the affected area!

While doing google searches about this I learned that California has been doing this since the 50's in many different areas.  I thought that weather modification stuff was hippie drivel but I guess its standard in a lot of places.

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#9717007 - 02/01/09 11:54 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Its not ground up.You use a generator ,two silver rods and water.The current dissolves the silver into the water and you drink it or use it in nasal sprays.I have one. Haven't used it in a long time.

Edited by kergan (02/01/09 11:57 AM)

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#9717100 - 02/01/09 12:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The hippies at Woodstock claim the gov seeded the clouds there and thats why it rained the whole time.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #9717201 - 02/01/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You're all going to die.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures