Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
System theory, complex systems and everything being connected
    #9705344 - 01/30/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

As we progress into time as a human species everything seems to be more connected.  I have been studying system theory and the nature of complex systems.  And the whole time im sitting in class i can't stop thinking that everything is either a system or part of a system.  Look at the specific cells that make up our body.  For example the heart.  It is a system of specialized cells.  And in conjunction with other systems in the body create a system which is the human being.  And i have come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING is in some way connected. From the solar system, to galaxy and even to the atom.  Everything is part of a larger system, and a larger system and eventually the universe which is a closed system.  I don't know how small it goes into the quantum level.  Or if there is a limit on a larger or smaller scale, im assuming the universe is the largest thing possible.  Its so amazing and i can feel this connectedness to everything and the system with moderate to high dose LSD sessions.  I don't know how to explain it rationally, but everything seems to be connected.  And then the next question comes, why is everything connected and why is it significant?  or is it significant?  Why is the nature of the universe really a combination of systems which are in some how related to one another in a greater system?

If you don't think everything is made of systems larger and smaller explain why.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelmfsmoke
Stranger

Loc: SoCal, LA
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9705439 - 01/30/09 12:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Your talking about something that has been very interesting for me mostly after trying psychedelics I'll post about it later , I'm waiting in a fuking huge line at the DMV right now:thumbdown::sad:

--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: lmfsmoke]
    #9705565 - 01/30/09 12:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha when do you not wait in line at the DMV:rolleyes:  Posting from the phone FTW!

--------------------

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9705624 - 01/30/09 01:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It is definitely interesting to think about how significant connection is. At a "quantum" level it seems that an easy conclusion is that all of being is at some minute level interconnected thus borders and arrangements all emerge from this all encompassing energy or whatever. What is the significance? I don't know, its curious though thats for sure.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about just how significant our space time reality is, I think the best possible world thesis concept can make sense to me but then again I dunno. It is hard to imagine how things we know as human reality came to be out of such ebb and flow of being. It is like the cognizant mind is the only thing that can ever encompass the notion of significance.

This shits interesting! :lol: :sun:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: andrewss]
    #9706635 - 01/30/09 04:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It's like the saying, what if our universe was in an aquarium in someones aquarium store?  The universe could be just a large living organism, just like our bodies are small living organisms. Each galaxy has an engine(black hole), and a membrane. The pre requisites of life.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #9706648 - 01/30/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:
It's like the saying, what if our universe was in an aquarium in someones aquarium store?  The universe could be just a large living organism, just like our bodies are small living organisms. Each galaxy has an engine(black hole), and a membrane. The pre requisites of life.

Yeah but those thought didn't come from an trip, well i have felt it during a trip.  I learned about this in my PA 236 class about systems.  Its like a science, and according to my class the solar system and the galaxy being apart of a system is a very logical explanation for its existence.  We even said in class that it makes perfect sense for that to be the case.  Its just following system theory of a complex system.

--------------------

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
    #9708994 - 01/30/09 10:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can't understand what you are saying, but I wasn't giving you a trip report. You seem to miss my point, but that is OK.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #9709017 - 01/30/09 10:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Can someone put more wood on the fire while I get the hotdogs ready?  Several guys said they were hungry.

--------------------

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9709136 - 01/30/09 10:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

what makes it significant to me is that it is so commonly assumed that things are not interconnected in this way.

at least in the west anyway.

other than that, it just seems that that's the way it is, another extremely bizarre example of how weird everything is.

OfflineSaidin
Sun Dragon
Male

Loc: In between my thoughts
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Freedom]
    #9709252 - 01/30/09 11:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Look into fractal geometry, it will answer many of your questions.

--------------------
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?  And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#9711183 - 01/31/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Is that a yes?  Some of these guys are really getting hungry.

--------------------

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9711219 - 01/31/09 11:01 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

what do you want for the hotdog?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Saidin]
    #9711247 - 01/31/09 11:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

correct..but that could also explain why fascism is rapidly gaining popularity all over the world ..the more interconnected we become.. the more likely it is that whatever you do to amuse yourself will harm other ppl.. who will in turn become very paranoid...

the inevitable conclusion is that we will all be depending on big brother to stop someone halfway around the world from indulging in some activity that may seem innocuous to them but which we believe harms us in some way and vice-versa.. all the while failing to recognize that BB is now the one indulging him/her self at our expense...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#9711319 - 01/31/09 11:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Nothing.  They are free.  We just need to cook them.

--------------------

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#9712634 - 01/31/09 04:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I had once taken a cursory glance at systems theory.

My original intuition occurred to me during a mushroom trip while I was still in high school and before being introduced to philosophy.  This intuition was that each of the cells in my body were their own life and had their own experience and the working of these cells in concert somehow produced my own life and experience.  I saw the whole universe as existing in a way analogous to this, with a hierarchy of systems from smallest to largest, each their own being.

Does systems theory flesh out this intuition of mine?  From what I gathered, systems theory was very biologically based, and not concerned with a general metaphysics of reality, the universe, and existence.

I have so far been exploring the original intuition through panpsychism, which you might also want to take a look at.  Also Ken Wilber's idea of "holons" is basically the same.

OfflineOmegachrist
Dark Shaman
Male

Loc: Where the grass is green....
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #9712941 - 01/31/09 04:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hahhaha, of course everything is connected. What do you think of the phrase "WE are all stardust?" We all came from the same primordial ooze which came from the same planet which came from the same universe. Case Closed *hears brief case shut and lock itself*

never ask "BUT WHY? WHY IS THIS HERE!?!?" Science has told us that this is the door marked freedom, but this is the door marked madness. To realize that all intelligent consciousness has to live in the wake of the magical mystery tour at our feet. Once you have come to that, you will be free.

--------------------
"I dabble in all forms of art that show beauty in nature that in turn causes me to live in balance with mother nature, and to not tolerate anyone who opposes Gaia."

Edited by Omegachrist (01/31/09 04:53 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: Omegachrist]
    #9715781 - 02/01/09 03:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wow im still on mescaline, i really like this psychedelic.  I have learned a lot about the world.

--------------------

Offlinelmfsmoke
Stranger

Loc: SoCal, LA
    #9717103 - 02/01/09 12:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You lucky fuker, i always wanted to try the stuff i knew it was a great psychedelic, the only thing i have to learn about the world is mushrooms, they do a great job tho

--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

InvisibleLoveOverAll
HigherSpiritEvolving
 User Gallery

Re: System theory, complex systems and everything being connected [Re: lmfsmoke]
    #9722401 - 02/02/09 12:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

our universe will eventually die, the universe is spreading deeper into space, eventually everystar will burn out, every blackhole will dissolve, and the universe will be almost impossible to hold life, unless we build a planet sized space heater. but i always thought what if our universe, something we will never fully understand and is so big...is really as small as something like the lineing of the surface of a proton or something so ridicoulsy small. just imageine our most powerfull microscopes focusing in on an atom, now try to imagine in that atom is a universe, now try to imagine finding earth in that atoms universe.:mushroom2:

InvisibleChronic7

#9727152 - 02/03/09 06:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Everything being connected is not complex, its naked truth

Pure Awareness devoid of objective desire reveals that all is one, as soon as the interest in objects is gone then its seen that all objects are from one source

The minds thoughts are complex at making things seem separate

:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale