Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohndoe33467
Stranger

reusing syringes/needles... advice? thanks.
    #9692730 - 01/28/09 01:34 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys I'm soo happy I've grown my first mushroom, I posted earlier, but now I have a question because I'm starting to think about making my own solutions. I've looked up how to do it and all, but now I'm wondering. I have the syringes with the flame sterilized needles that I used for my last flush, can I use the empty ones to make my own solution? Sorry if this is a common question just couldn't find an answer anywhere else. AND can I use the same needle? I notice after I flame sterilized it with a lighter it gained some sort of black coating( although i haven't tried washing it off or anything). Do you guys reuse needles or do you get new ones every time? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: reusing syringes/needles... advice? thanks. [Re: johndoe33467]
    #9692760 - 01/28/09 01:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I re-use mine up to 3-4 times. 
tips to make this work for you as follows:
1. flame sterilize with a blowtorch or mini torch so soot residue is nil

2. fill syringe half to 2/3 full with distilled h2O

3. wrap/seal in foil and PC aong with next batch of jars at 15lbs for 90 mins allow to cool overnight inside PC.  ( always PC late at night)

4. keep sealed until use, open inside glovebox and wipe it all down with iso soaked paper towel and reflame before use.

I have done this alot and my larger gauge needles do fine but I got some finer like (20g) ones once that didn't survive the second use, for LC anyways.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

Re: reusing syringes/needles... advice? thanks. [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9692785 - 01/28/09 01:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I just put the syringes, with needles attached, & a into a quart jar with a regular, unmodified lid, and pressure cook for 20-30 mminutes. Let the jar cool in your flowhood/glovebox, and open only when you are ready to use them. The jar will keep them sealed & sterile, but I still heat sterilize the needle tip before any activity.

And if you're leaving soot on the needle, you're holding it too low in the flame.

OfflineLennyk
D-O-L-E Dole
Male

Loc: Near the Ground
Re: reusing syringes/needles... advice? thanks. [Re: Servator]
    #9693037 - 01/28/09 04:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No need to fire up the PC:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
There will be no heat resistant bacterial endospores on a syringe.  I use and reuse mine hundreds of times.  Simply fill the syringe with water and place in a large kettle of cold water.  Turn on the stove and bring the water to a boil.  Allow to boil for at least twenty minutes.  In your clean room, remove the syringe from the hot water and squirt out the water that is inside.  It is now ready to reuse.  If you get contaminants, they came from some other source.
RR

--------------------
Stealth Lighting 
Cubensis benefits beyond cluster headaches
Mush Extract! (You can even use Vinegar!)
Flame your needle in style with a sexy mini butane torch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happens in the Romper Room, stays in the Romper Room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts are written by the sex deprived helper monkey Curious George.

Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Africa
Re: reusing syringes/needles... advice? thanks. [Re: Lennyk]
    #9693093 - 01/28/09 05:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just a note, let it cool before trying to push it through polyfill while hot... it melts and carbonises against the needle... luckily I bought spares...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale