Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Why are Entheogens frowned on?
    #9660672 - 01/22/09 06:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sitting here reading about traditional usages and preperation of ayahuasca, and I can't help but think to myself : Who has the right to make these blessings from nature illegal? These plants have been around since the beginning of time and have been used for thousands of years. They are completely natural.

I may understand making meth or speed or heroin or other things like that illegal,

but where the fuck does the government get off making things like ayahuasca and psychedelic mushrooms illegal?

I don't think I'll ever understand people's ignorance.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSexandIceCream
Humanesque
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern US Flag
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: pfxtc]
    #9660698 - 01/22/09 06:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Another case of people acting on their fear of things they don't understand. IMO

--------------------
i'm not good at tracking threads.  if i don't respond promptly to your post, feel free to pm

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: SexandIceCream]
    #9660704 - 01/22/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

People do dumb shit while they're tripping.

They kill themselves, drive cars, kill other people because they may/may not know what is going on.

I get it.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #9660705 - 01/22/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Entheogens open your mind. That is the last thing the government wants. If everyone empowered themselves and opened their mind with entheogens the government would lose all their power. It's in their best interest to keep us dumb and sedated with alcohol and imprison people who use these plants.

--------------------

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

#9660717 - 01/22/09 06:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Some find it alarming that a psychedelic plant could be considered a blessing from nature.  Some think that using "entheogen" to describe these drugs is ignorant or offensive or frightening.
Do you think LSD should be illegal?
What about synthesized psilocybin?
Why the bias for something natural?
What ignorance do you mean?

--------------------

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #9660722 - 01/22/09 06:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The government feeds upon greed, violence(military), selfishness, hate, and other things labeled as evil. These things keep our system functioning. Psychedelics have a tendency to cure people of these flaws. Therefore our system and psychedelics do not mix well.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

OfflineRussianScholar
Biological Entity
Male

Loc: Alpha Cluster #164
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9660755 - 01/22/09 06:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Us trippers should plan a scheme of slippin hits of acid in everyone's drinks, skin etc AT THE SAME TIME! WE CAN SUCCESFULLY TAKE BACK THE WORLD!!!

--------------------
"The crisis is a crisis in consciousness. A crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions, and considering what the world is now with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression, and so on, man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, and he has built a society along these lines."

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9660756 - 01/22/09 06:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i don't understand how alcohol is accepted as a perfectly legal thing to drink (which kills more then lsd/mushrooms/dmt/dxm ever will COMBINED) and will continue to kill.

people are fucking stupid.

Quote:

RussianScholar said:
Us trippers should plan a scheme of slippin hits of acid in everyone's drinks, skin etc AT THE SAME TIME! WE CAN SUCCESFULLY TAKE BACK THE WORLD!!!

hell,

i'll just take mine :smile:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/22/09 06:24 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9660781 - 01/22/09 06:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
i don't understand how alcohol is accepted as a perfectly legal thing to drink (which kills more then lsd/mushrooms/dmt/dxm ever will COMBINED) and will continue to kill.

Because prohibition failed.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9660786 - 01/22/09 06:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RussianScholar said:

That's what god LSD banned in the first place. Leary and The Merry Pranksters did some fucked up shit by dosing everyone, and they overdid it completely.

I just like to chill with new kids, smoke bud, and then ask them their views on psychedelics. I calmly explain what my experiences have been like and all I've learned from them - do my best to dispel their preconceived notions.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: deCypher]
    #9660802 - 01/22/09 06:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:

Because prohibition failed.

Prohibition was also what, 80 years ago?

How long has Ayahuasca been around?

And it was banned 30 years ago?

The whole system is fucked.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#9660814 - 01/22/09 06:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's a combination of the residual puritanism that has plagued Western culture for the past several centuries, ignorance, political inertia, and greed.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: muistrue]
    #9660824 - 01/22/09 06:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Entheogens open your mind. That is the last thing the government wants. If everyone empowered themselves and opened their mind with entheogens the government would lose all their power. It's in their best interest to keep us dumb and sedated with alcohol and imprison people who use these plants.

yeah, what do we have to gain from using alcohol or tobacco?

Now, what do we have to gain from using mushrooms or pot?

some sort of insight I suppose. :wink:

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: DroneLore]
    #9660840 - 01/22/09 06:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Not to mention the lack of a context of ritual use in Western society.  When people have no framework for exploring psychedelic and entheogenic headspaces, the potential for abuse climbs along with the scared responses from an unwitting power hierarchy.  The combination of a lingering Puritan ethic with an innate distrust by the powers that be provides considerable momentum to keep these substances illegal.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9660844 - 01/22/09 06:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

underaroof said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:

yeah, what do we have to gain from using alcohol or tobacco?

Now, what do we have to gain from using mushrooms or pot?

some sort of insight I suppose. :wink:

I don't think pot belongs on the same level as lsd and such, but I guess some of you do.

Alcohol + tobacco kills more,

but I'm a broken record I guess.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: DroneLore]
    #9660906 - 01/22/09 06:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Drugs are also illegal in "Eastern" cultures.
What reason is there for thinking that governments are afraid that widespread psychedelic drug use would open the minds of the masses?
I really do no believe that any government is afraid that psychedelic drugs are going to make people see through "the system."
Like nobody has read 1984.
Even the most ignorant people are totally cynical about politics.
Voter turnout is low because nobody believes they can make a difference.
Nobody needs psychedelic drugs to be cynical about governments.

--------------------

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

#9660963 - 01/22/09 06:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

right now is our best chance of turning that frown around!

Look at all the research that has been done during the Bush years, including the John Hopkins Psilocybin study. Many of those in the study said it was one of the most meaningful experiences in their life.

But now we have an obama administration - who knows if a new director at nida might be open to human psychedelic studies?

I wonder if there is any indication who the NIH and NIDA directors will be?

These substances hold great value for humans, it's only a mater of time before they realize it

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: Freedom]
    #9660968 - 01/22/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
right now is our best chance of turning that frown around!

Look at all the research that has been done during the Bush years, including the John Hopkins Psilocybin study. Many of those in the study said it was one of the most meaningful experiences in their life.

But now we have an obama administration - who knows if a new director at nida might be open to human psychedelic studies?

I wonder if there is any indication who the NIH and NIDA directors will be?

These substances hold great value for humans, it's only a mater of time before they realize it

I hope you're right.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: Poiesis]
    #9660985 - 01/22/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The U.S. government persuaded several governments around the world to make LSD illegal. The number one assertion for the illegalization of LSD that the U.S. government made was that it had a great potential for a system collapse. Timothy Leary told people to "turn on, tune in, and drop out". People would not have taken him seriously and thrown their futures' away if LSD didn't reveal a new level of understanding to them.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Offlineguard385
Stranger
Re: Why are Entheogens frowned on? [Re: Freedom]
    #9661039 - 01/22/09 07:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think that it's a lot more than just being cynical about the government

I think the issue here is apathy, and what psychedelics do is obliterate as much apathy as possible (as is feasible for that individual) which results in action and honest hard-work towards a better world.

I think one of the many reasons why these drugs are exiled, including marijuana with this example, is because they promote COMMUNAL values to the nth degree. It compels each and every one of us to truly just let go of petty differences and disagreements

Not that every issue could be solved easily, far from it, but I think we would do a whole lot better if everyone had paradigm-shattering and ego-dissolving experiences.

It's a pretty wacky situation we find ourselves in, because it's not just the government sanctioned laws against the use of psychedelic substances

But its also the mindstate that we have developed ourselves into

We live in a country with apathetic people who will, as Poiesis just pointed out, moan and complain about their government regardless of whether or not they use psychedelics

But more importantly is that there are people who, regardless of how they feel about the government, also pose a challenge to people like us because they don't want to have anything to do with those "ill-minded" or "dangerous" drugs like LSD, psilocybin, etc., and these are the people who most likely choose cigarettes, beer, and hard alcohol as their drugs of choice, so they pose a challenge too. If it isn't the government, there are still people who are very reluctant to share this experience that is our divine nature, that is the process actually truly realizing our divine nature.

But, you know, if these things are as real and authentic as we think they are, and I sure do think they are, then I think that we have to rely on our hearts and our minds alone

and not counting on the others to have the experience along with us, if it's so real and powerful, can't we still make a difference from what WE stand for? WE who have journeyed through inner space to come back and make the world a better place? I'm sure this has all been discussed before, I may be just preaching to the choir at this point

A fellow psychedelic user always can't help but wonder what the world would be like if these things were accepted, revered, and integrated into our world

I also want to say, I realized on my last trip that this whole situation we find ourselves in, obviously it's very frustrating and it just gripes you to have to realize the childishness of it all and how much its holding us back and so on. But I think that it's just part of the drama of the world that is beautiful in its own right, you know? We are warriors, and we are here to face whatever challenges come our way. This is that challenge, and there's meaning in it all. Maybe that's all completely obvious to everyone else, I don't know. :crazy2: :mushroom2:

Edited by guard385 (01/22/09 07:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom