Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefishfarmin
Predator Hunter
Male User Gallery

yopo
    #9654320 - 01/21/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

whats your favorite way to do yopo?traditional or extacted bufo?:strokebeard:

--------------------
"Government exist to protect us from each other.Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."    Ronald Reagan

"It is error alone which needs the support of government.Truth can stand by itself."Thomas Jefferson

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues."Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: yopo [Re: fishfarmin]
    #9654375 - 01/21/09 07:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If I am not mistaken, Yopo are seeds that contain 5-meo-DMT, and Bufo is the Colorado dessert toad who's venom contains many alkaloids including 5-meo-DMT.

I'm not sure if your question makes sense. But I'm assuming you're asking "Which is a better way to experience the effects of 5-meo-DMT, yopo seeds, or toad venom." I can't say from experience, but I would imagine doing an extraction from yopo seeds would be better than toad venom. Toad venom contains bufotenin, which is not pleasant so I have read.

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinefishfarmin
Predator Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: yopo [Re: UberDeepName]
    #9654406 - 01/21/09 07:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it contains small amounts of dmt,mostly bufenotine.from what i've read here.this is also where i found the extraction process,just haven't found the time to do an extraction yet.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: yopo [Re: fishfarmin]
    #9656139 - 01/21/09 11:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, most seeds you'll come across contain primarily bufotenine, and sometimes trace amounts of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT. There are some rare batches of the seeds that contain only 5-MeO-DMT or only DMT, so it's probably worthwhile to smoke some of the seeds raw to roughly discern the alkaloid content before proceding.

If it contains primarily bufotenine, then the best course of action is to extract it.  When I experimented with it, I followed a method developed by 69Ron that relied on bufotenine citrate's insolubility in acetone. After treating the ground seed material with sodium carbonate and extracting the freebase alkaloids into acetone, you can precipitate bufotenine citrate crystals by adding some acetone that's been saturated with citric acid. The crystals are collected by filtration. They are then mixed with sodium carbonate and a little water, mixed thoroughly, and allowed to dry (to freebase the bufotenine). The dry matter is washed with acetone, which is evaporated to leave relatively pure bufotenine.

But that method wasn't perfect. Depending on the quality of the seeds, it would give anything from a crystal with an amber tint, to a thick oil with a ditinct amber hue. This amber color is a toxic compound (it's precise identity hasn't been established though some educated guesses have been made at the possibilties). The compound may not be toxic in the sense of having any long-term negative repercussions, but it has been established as being responsible for the nausea and many other uncomfortable side-effects that people experience from the whole seeds. Bufotenine itself does not produce any such feeling of toxicity when vaporized as the freebase.

Recently, a method was devised to prepare pure, crystal-clear bufotenine from oily amber crystals.

Since there are physically unpleasant compounds that occur naturally in the seeds, I personally think extraction is the way to go, especially since it's so easy and safe (it doesn't require lye or naphtha).

A lot of discussion about yopo extraction has been going on in the DMT Nexus's "DMT Allies" Extraction forum. The basic acetone/citrate extraction I've used is stickied as the Bufotenine Extraction thread.

Offlinefishfarmin
Predator Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: yopo [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9657512 - 01/22/09 08:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

thank you!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom