Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
A typical stoner
    #9646227 - 01/20/09 02:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So I went to my genetics lab today and noticed this flyer hanging on the wall:

:smile:  I'm so stoked that someone in my genetics department is hip!  This is the best marijuana propaganda poster that I have ever seen!  If anyone is looking for a good picture to illustrate the benefits of marijuana for the common man, look no further :wink:.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: A typical stoner [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #9646244 - 01/20/09 02:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thats good stuff !!

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #9646261 - 01/20/09 02:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlinedarwinwaswrong
Stranger
Re: A typical stoner [Re: vinsue]
    #9646277 - 01/20/09 02:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

props, chips, credits,
well done

now we need one for prop 8

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: A typical stoner [Re: darwinwaswrong]
    #9646563 - 01/20/09 03:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

As in California Prop 8?

Lol,

I don't really care either way,

but I believe marriage was meant to be between a man and a woman.

If two gay dudes or two lesbians wanna be together, then that's absolutely fine with me, but I don't think they should be able to get married.

What's annoying is all the straight people walking around with NO ON 8 posters and shit just because it's the cool thing to do. Fucking chodes.

Yeah I sound like an asshole, oh well.

and the poster is cool too :smile:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/20/09 03:51 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #9646583 - 01/20/09 03:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This reminds me of a sign that was posted at my last job.  Only that sign said "Drugs don't work!"  I always looked at it and thought "Well you need to find a new dealer."

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: A typical stoner [Re: Learyfan]
    #9646586 - 01/20/09 03:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
This reminds me of a sign that was posted at my last job.  Only that sign said "Drugs don't work!"  I always looked at it and thought "Well you need to find a new dealer."

Haha thats brilliant.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #9646643 - 01/20/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Medicinal cannabis is the best cure for some things. But anxiety? I know cannabis helps with anxiety for quite a few people, and maybe I just have a really low tolerance to cannabis, but there is no way I could go to work and be productive while stoned. It totally fucks up my short term memory, and thinking capabilities.

That is why I think opiates are better for chronic pain. Because opiates treat pain but do not really affect one's memory, and thinking power.

Cannabis is too much of an intoxicant to be affective medicine for all day everyday. Maybe others aren't intoxicated as much as I am by cannabis smoking, but that is my opinion.

Just like alcohol can relieve pain and chase off anxiety, but its too intoxicating to be used throughout the day.

How about cannabis just becoming legal? I know it really helps some people with their medical conditions, but for MOST...the medicinal cannabis laws is just a loophole put in place when legalization failed.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: A typical stoner [Re: aDoS]
    #9646660 - 01/20/09 04:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think the whole medicinal marijuana thing is just an excuse for people to have legal weed and the medicinal uses are overexxagerated, but I'm no professional in the field so I could be full of shit,

but I still think we should make it legal no matter what,

and while we're at it make all the other drugs legal too,

fucking stupid 21st century laws prohibiting what we put in our own bodies,

pathetic!

And I'm confused why you like Reagan, last I remember he was against legalizing anything!

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/20/09 04:04 PM)

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: A typical stoner [Re: pfxtc]
    #9646669 - 01/20/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I totally agree

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: A typical stoner *DELETED* [Re: pfxtc]
    #9646775 - 01/20/09 04:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by lavod

Reason for deletion: Poor quality.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: A typical stoner [Re: lavod]
    #9646788 - 01/20/09 04:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this isn't otd :mad2:

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9646849 - 01/20/09 04:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
Medicinal cannabis is the best cure for some things. But anxiety? I know cannabis helps with anxiety for quite a few people, and maybe I just have a really low tolerance to cannabis, but there is no way I could go to work and be productive while stoned. It totally fucks up my short term memory, and thinking capabilities.

That is why I think opiates are better for chronic pain. Because opiates treat pain but do not really affect one's memory, and thinking power.

Cannabis is too much of an intoxicant to be affective medicine for all day everyday. Maybe others aren't intoxicated as much as I am by cannabis smoking, but that is my opinion.

Just like alcohol can relieve pain and chase off anxiety, but its too intoxicating to be used throughout the day.

How about cannabis just becoming legal? I know it really helps some people with their medical conditions, but for MOST...the medicinal cannabis laws is just a loophole put in place when legalization failed.

I don't think the idea is to go to work high, rather its to relax, and get a full nights rest the night before.

Marijuana definitely makes me a more relaxed person. However I don't smoke every day like some people do.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

#9646863 - 01/20/09 04:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:

The lines between otd and the pub have become very blurred these last few months.  Many of my own posts in here are followed by otd-esque comments.  Guess I felt oblidged to join the party.

Edit- Speaking of which, are'nt bouts of rampant bigotry, such as the desire to deny the right of others based on their sexual orientation despite article 16 of th universal declaration of civil rights, an otd thing?

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #9646905 - 01/20/09 04:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

nice

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
    #9646916 - 01/20/09 04:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Almost didn't reconize your posts without the 93's.  What happened, did you let the haters get the best of you?

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #9646920 - 01/20/09 04:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
Quote:

aDoS said:

The lines between otd and the pub have become very blurred these last few months.  Many of my own posts in here are followed by otd-esque comments.  Guess I felt oblidged to join the party.

Edit- Speaking of which, are'nt bouts of rampant bigotry, such as the desire to deny the right of others based on their sexual orientation despite article 16 of th universal declaration of civil rights, an otd thing?

Just because the lines have been blurred does not give you the right to break the pub rules, stop being a follower, what just because you saw others flaming and "blurred lines" you thought it was cool be a rude?

take your bad attitude back to OTD

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Re: A typical stoner [Re: Geomancer]
    #9646933 - 01/20/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:
Almost didn't reconize your posts without the 93's.  What happened, did you let the haters get the best of you?

Nay: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9612457/an/0/page/1

I'd also like to comment on the op's poster(so as not to be a total debbie downer on the thread) by saying that we definitely need more of that going around!  Well constructed.

Edit:^^Weiliiiii Perhaps.  My behavior was atypical for me.  But....pretend mod-for-a-day much?:):)

--------------------

Edited by lavod (01/20/09 05:04 PM)

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
    #9646965 - 01/20/09 04:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ahh...must've missed that thread.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #9647043 - 01/20/09 05:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
a total debbie downer 

...You know her ? ...

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds