Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Dreams... WTF
    #9645438 - 01/20/09 12:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

For any of you who are interested in the crazy as shit your brain can create when you are asleep read on...

I'm at my friends house where all my drug activities usually take place. And what do you know!! I just did some ketamine and am blissfully in the K-hole. Now I've never done ketamine, but this is what it felt like, I wonder how accurate my interpretation was. My motor skills felt like I was drunk. Swaying back and forth that sort of thing. My whole body felt like it was being swirled in a spiral. And to top it off, fantastic euphoria. Then Bam everything changes...

It all starts with myself and a chick I know headed off somewhere. Then all of a sudden it gets weird. My feet get glued to the floor, and my vision becomes blurred out. I cant really walk or anything. I get a sensation of being pulled backwards, and then all of a sudden BAM shit gets wack.

I start to get some kind of crazy ass demonic level disease. I throw up constantly. When I throw up, I was fully paying attention to it. It felt thick, and filled with sand, a rough texture. I crawl around the floor for like 5 minutes just vomiting. Then some lady sees me and is like "OH MY GOD ITS THE DISEASE!!" I can't remember the name of the disease, I wish I could tho, I feel like that was a key aspect.

So then for the next like 5 minutes I continue to throw up, but it slowwwlllly begins to settle down. I wish I could describe it better, was so graphic. So then finally I stop throwing up and I "wake" up or some shit and I'm like OH SHIT this is just a dream. So then I get out a bed, and head out into the woods. All of a sudden my bedroom is like built into the side of a hill. And there are some mice, and birds, all chilling in my drawers. The mice keep trying to steal my Floyd shit, so I begin to run over andddddddddd...

Slow motion, blinding syndrome strikes again. I proceed to fart around there for the rest of the dream, the details are non-consequential.

Basically there are a few points.

A) When I wake up from a dream these days, I TRY to remember everything I can. You will be amazed. I would say I can play through my head a solid 2-3 minutes of my dream, while remember many just random aspects of it. Your dream recall goes through the roof!!

B) Your dreams are FANTASTICALLY based on events. The first mini-dream I had. Well about 10 minutes before I went to take my nap I was reading in the ODD about how awesome Ketamine was :grin: Obvious where that came from...

The 2nd part of my dream, not so sure but I watched some apocalyptic disease movie a few days ago. Pretty sure that is where it came from.

The mice in my bedroom could talk, and HEY! Just watched one of the Narnia movies like 2 nights ago.

C) This is where you come in. I have the same theme recurring nightmare over and over and over. I can't move, like CANT move. I physically try and try and try but I just cant move. In my 2nd and 3rd mini-dream I actually got someone to help me but they couldn't budge me either. On top of that my vision goes. It happens alllllll the time. Any ideas as to why??

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #9645911 - 01/20/09 01:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

try watching Forrest Gump before going to bed

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Hiei]
    #9645951 - 01/20/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't really read what you wrote but I find that dreams are just random things you have floating around in your head merged together,

we're not awake and not  coherent so we can't determine if something makes sense or not,

so everything is just combined into one big mess that doesn't make any sense.

at least for me anyway.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: pfxtc]
    #9645969 - 01/20/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

in my experience, that sensation of being drugged or drunk is a gateway of sorts.

when you're experiencing that you're at a crossroads.  if you become lucid at those moments and go with the sensation really interesting things can happen.

lol if this was M&P i would say more.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #9645970 - 01/20/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Uma Thurman was in my dream last night. And she was naked, and me and her and some dark overlord dude were coming up with a concoction to implant into these fractalized mosquitoes to infest the world with a plague or something. Then it went sour and I ended up fighting the dude and whooping his ass. And me and Uma escaped to the woods.

Yeah, dreams are pretty weird. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: pfxtc]
    #9645975 - 01/20/09 01:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dreams are so strange.  Like i understand some of the concepts people have come up with for sleep.  But why do we experience an alternate reality in dreams that is just as valid as waking reality.  Whats the point of it?

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #9645976 - 01/20/09 01:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

boletusoftruth said:

C) This is where you come in. I have the same theme recurring nightmare over and over and over. I can't move, like CANT move. I physically try and try and try but I just cant move. In my 2nd and 3rd mini-dream I actually got someone to help me but they couldn't budge me either. On top of that my vision goes. It happens alllllll the time. Any ideas as to why??

Not being able to move is a sign of sleep paralysis. Its a way for your body to prevent you from running around your room during a dreams/rem state aka sleep walking. When this happens in your dream its probably due to the fact that you are partially awake/aware of your body (which has no motor control) and incorporate into your dreams. you also might be awake. Its very common to have sleep paralysis while awake and hallucinate. The feeling is usually followed with fear, a heavy feeling on your chest and the presence of someone near you.

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Hiei]
    #9645985 - 01/20/09 01:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Do you smoke pot? I know that when I stop smoking pot for a day or more, my dreams become much more vivid and strange, and much more memorable.

Anyway I keep a pad of paper by my couch so I can write things down the moment I awaken. It helps DRAMATICALLY.

On regards to your dream, I have had MANY dreams where I could move but only incredibly slowly. It was as if my legs wouldn't work properly.

Besides pot withdrawal, I have no idea what could cause it.

Lets keep this thread going, I love dreams.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9646015 - 01/20/09 02:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Dreams are so strange.  Like i understand some of the concepts people have come up with for sleep.  But why do we experience an alternate reality in dreams that is just as valid as waking reality.  Whats the point of it?

ITs very simple to understand if you know how dreaming works

Basically dreams are do to your brain working just as it always does only with a blank canvas. Instead (while awake) of your senses being used to pick up information from the external environment around you, getting processed by your brain and then turning it into a 5 sense experience known as life, your thought process turns inward and works off its own imagination creating an experience just as real but known as a dream. Experiencing this trance state is much more common if you wake up right before or during th Rapid Eye Movement or REM stage of sleep(when you experience dreams) stay up for a 15 minutes to an hour and then go back to sleep it is much easier to purposely initiate and remember compared to laying down for bed at night with no previous sleep, yet still completely possible.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: DeathCompany]
    #9646026 - 01/20/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That seems like a theory about dreams to me.  No one really knows how dreaming works and why with indisputable evidence.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #9646042 - 01/20/09 02:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Im glad i quit smoking for me it was like entering pans labrynth/goonies when I started dreaming again, now all I dream about is skinnny versions of fat chicks and those god awful slender girls not that there bad but theyre in my dream for crying out load! :tunnel:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Konyap]
    #9646047 - 01/20/09 02:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I had a really funny dream once that a friend of mine from high school and i picked up some hookers and then fucked them.

--------------------

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #9646055 - 01/20/09 02:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

SO would someone with a more vivid imagination experience even crazier dreams than others due to their ability to fill that blank canvas with more detail?

Also, someone mentioned pot affecting their dream memory and it's totally true. Pot destroys your short term memory and remembering dreams usually requires you to start with the first thing you can remember and the rest sort of comes to you from there. But when you stop cheefing your memory quickly returns, even the first night. Good to know pot has no lasting effects.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #9646072 - 01/20/09 02:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I must have been doing it for a minute then when I was all dsyfuntional sometimes I'd just wake up and parts of the dream world would still be prevelent usually a spider or something just running along so yea I'd pretty much just wake up trying to get the heck away from this imaginary spider in my bed.

OfflineKonyap

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Konyap]
    #9646085 - 01/20/09 02:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

oh shyt oh shyt

SPIDER *rock* SPIDER *smash* SPIDER

wie huuu

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9646088 - 01/20/09 02:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
That seems like a theory about dreams to me.  No one really knows how dreaming works and why with indisputable evidence.

You say "theory" as if its a bad thing. In science a theory means

Quote:

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

The way our minds use the five sense to create our external environment(while awake)  is considered a "fact". Why would our brain work so differently while asleep. How do you think dreams work?

--------------------

OfflineDarkMoon21
Child In Time
Male

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #9646095 - 01/20/09 02:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I had a dream where I was a cop chasing batman, like...a classic moustache, coffee and donught-style cop. We got to the edge of the ocean shore, a large moon sillouhetted against the night sky. Batman jumped into the batboat as it emergered from it's ocean hideaway and sped off into the night

"That's a batman style get away" I said to my co-worker, who also had a moustache and a coffee, nodding his agreement.

I looked down at the shore, which was covered with a thick green seaweed that looked to only grow several feet into the ocean.
"I could go swim after him." I told the other officer, who replied,
"Yeah, but that carrotweed will getcha."
"Damn carrot weed." I then took a sip of my coffee, and woke up on my friend's couch.

It was quite a funny dream, and one of many little ones I had that morning as I faded in and out of sleep.

--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Edited by DarkMoon21 (01/20/09 02:22 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9646107 - 01/20/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well give me a scientific experiment and conclusive data that says dreams work in the way you explained it.... good luck!

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #9646110 - 01/20/09 02:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:
SO would someone with a more vivid imagination experience even crazier dreams than others due to their ability to fill that blank canvas with more detail?

While i don't know of it being prove, I feel someone with a better imagination would.

--------------------

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: Dreams... WTF [Re: DarkMoon21]
    #9646118 - 01/20/09 02:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I read about a guy who experienced cocaine in a dream then tried it for the first time in life after wards..........and it was just like it.

Ya dreams are a mix of everything, a good bit is a collective conscious influence.

Maybe the disease had a lot to do with what is not socially acceptable...and the movie that you saw.

I've heard people say that K turned wicked for them, I only tried it once and it was nothing special.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds