Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
need help w/heating options
    #964097 - 10/15/02 07:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i have got most of my terrium set up, but i'm still trying to decide how i am gonna heat it... Right now i have a Tropic Aire Humidifier/Air Exchanger w/air pump, goin into my 20 gal rubbermaid container... I'm still trying to figure out how exactly i am going to heat it though... I was at the pet store today checking out my options and the clerk recomened a ceramic heating bulb attached to a rhetostat, has anyone tried one of these and had success? i was also thinking about using a reptile heating pad, or the submersible aqurium heater in a jar... What would you guys recomend, and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks alot

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: need help w/heating options [Re: disturbed]
    #964149 - 10/15/02 08:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I would go with the aquarium heater, but i would get another container and put it under the container you are using now with some water (so the top container is kinda floating) and a little h2o2 in it and an aquarium heater.
Makes the temperature a little more uniform.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (10/15/02 08:14 PM)

OfflineignuF
Monster Mycologist

Loc: Wonderland
    #964157 - 10/15/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well for fruiting chambers you really only need the temp to get to 70-80F. That is slightly cooler than your colonizing temps. The main thing I think is dropping the temp from colonization. If you really need to warm it up a little you could place a clamp light or something of that nature over it. A regular incandesent (common) light bulb would provide more than enough heat for your terrainium. Perhaps you could even get away with setting a floresent on top of the lid? Or maybe mounting the flouresent inside somehow? Hope this gives you some ideas maybe?

--------------------
All the above information is for microscopic research only! 

Life is short so make a dent in the world so people can tell you were here!

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: need help w/heating options [Re: ignuF]
    #964324 - 10/15/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Florecent lights dont really get hot.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: need help w/heating options [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #965104 - 10/16/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

go for the aquairum heater. a ceramic heating bulb with a rheostat is really a light bulb with a dimmer switch (but probably 5 times the price). the aquarium heater turns itself off when it reaches a set temp. you have to turn a dial on the rheostat/dimmer to raise or lower its power to give you the temp you want, it is not stable

Offlineseattlekid
Stranger

Re: need help w/heating options [Re: blackout]
    #965577 - 10/16/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ive already mentioned this in one post but i guess i'll go ahead and mention it again. My friend uses rope lights (you get them from target for like 7 bucks) and wraps them around the outside of his rubbermaid tub. They produce a pretty good amount of heat (but not too much) and the best part is they wont burn your place down. He found that he has no trouble keeping his tub around the mid to low 80's even in a room thats in the 60's. He tried an A. heater but didn't like it as much cause he had to put water in there and everything and found it just caused to much trouble/mess. Hope this helps you out a little, good luck!

--------------------
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: need help w/heating options [Re: seattlekid]
    #965674 - 10/16/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If these are what you are talking about i am definitely going to give that a try! How many feet is your friend using and how did he attach them to the tub?

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Offlineseattlekid
Stranger

#966109 - 10/16/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yup those are it and all he did was wrap them around the base where the jars sit (plus heat rises so its best to place them near the bottom):

--------------------
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #966598 - 10/16/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What about useing one of those heater belt's that ya use 4 home brew beer :smirk:

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
    #2329435 - 02/13/04 02:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Use an undertank heating pad, most pet stores will have them for reptiles.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order