Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHighGuy
Stranger

Oops. I'm gonna be a dad
    #9635190 - 01/18/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Haven't posted on here in a while but wow am I lost. My girlfriend of about a year and half found out she was pregnant a couple weeks ago. She doesn't want to go threw with an abortion and I know she couldn't do it so I haven't pushed it or really considered it, so we are keeping it. I am 21, convicted felon, just started attending college this year. I work for minimum wage no money live with my dad etc. She's 19 and a waiter, lives with her parents. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do.

--------------------
http://www.lp.org
Start making America free again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: Oops. I'm gonna be a dad [Re: HighGuy]
    #9635203 - 01/18/09 10:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

good luck sir. im 20 and in the same position....well..not the same position at all really, what i mean is my girl is pregnant too.but.convicted felon at 21? i dunno highguy...

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#9635524 - 01/19/09 12:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Damn dude...well one of my friends made it through college while raising a kid by herself mostly, though the man had the kid sometimes. It's possible! Keep yer head up :smile:

Be strong :thumbup:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #9635695 - 01/19/09 12:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HighGuy said:
I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Congratulations man, first off. I'm sure it seems to be a very complicated, difficult situation to be in, since it wasn't expected and since you don't feel that you're really in a situation to support the child right now. Forgot about being a convicted felon, it is completely irrelevant beyond the practical aspects of it being more difficult to find certain work.

First off, could you describe in a summary kind of way your relationship with your girlfriend, your relationship with your parents, her relationship with her parents, and how each of you relate to each other's parents? These are probably some of the most important aspects of your situation that will help determine what you should do and how things could work out, and I'd love to hear more about them. :smile:

I've got I'd like to say, but I'd like to wait first to hear more about you and your girlfriend and your parents and everything. I would suggest meanwhile, though, that as long as you've decided together to keep the child, then this automatically carries with it a lot of responsibilities that are completely necessary to be mindful of at all times, but this isn't at all a bad thing if it is taken as an opportunity to not only give your child everything they will need to live a happy, successful life, but also to grow and develop yourself, to connect more with your girlfriend and to overcome differences that separate you, and, in its own way, to make the world itself a better place. :grin:

It really isn't a question of how you'll be able to change everything about the situation, but about how you'll be able to change yourself to make everything about the situation that needs to change flow effortlessly, IMO. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9635882 - 01/19/09 01:27 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You'll make it work if you're willing to do what it takes.  And just because you're a convict doesn't mean you're life is screwed. You're young, what are your passions/dreams for life.

Being a parent, at least for me, is the greatest thing on earth. When you look at your child for the first time, life will change.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineIllicitAlchemist
Becoming one.
 User Gallery

Loc: The hara.
Re: Oops. I'm gonna be a dad [Re: whattheheck]
    #9636396 - 01/19/09 05:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have but only my compassion and warm wishes to give you. Life throws us some real curve balls sometimes, but now is probably not the time to second guess yourself here. Whatever you do love this kid like it is the only thing that matters on this earth, everything will fall into place after that. There's nothing more respectable on this planet than a good parent. My deepest regards, and good luck!!!

Peace. Love. Respect. Unity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies