Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

First Harvest in Miniature! Hurrah!!
    #9621372 - 01/16/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So my FOAF went home for lunch today, and noticed that the largest 3 of his miniature shrooms had veils that were JUST beginning to tear.

They thought initially that they'd rather get the individuals, and give the others more time to grow larger, but as the clusters were so close together, there wasn't any way to pick the ripe fruits without damaging the others.

So the decision was made to harvest EVERYTHING.

Yes, many would have said to wait and give it more time, but they were all tiny due to this being the first grow, and it was more of a learning experience than anything else.

What my FOAF learned:

A)DON'T put a shotgun terrarium in the closet, because there is no regular air flow as you would normally get from central heating.

B)If you DO put the chamber in the closet, DO NOT put a fan in the room also, as the chamber will lose humidity too fast and you'll end up with bluing cakes that will produce tiny mushrooms.

C)DO NOT freak out about everything. While sterility is very important in this hobby, established mycelium is amazingly resiliant, and can tolerate some temprature fluctuations.

D)DO study as much as possible and get your materials together, and if possible, even prepare a game plan before beginning.

They thought briefly about making a spore print, but due to the large number of mutants, and the fact that they have 3 more jars ready to fruit, as well as 2 poo/straw trays and more WBS colonizing, there didn't seem to be much of a point.

While the mutants were an interesting novelty, they weren't exactly a desirable trait to propogate.

My FOAF didn't have a scale, so no idea how much it weighs, but the largest fruits were around 2inches tall, with 1-1&1/2 inch caps. Basically just larger than a full size Bic.

They pulled off all the fruits, and set in a dish on top of a napkin, under which was a couple of packs of silicate from shoe boxes, and put in front of a small fan to dry, and put the cakes under water and in the fridge to re-hydrate for a 2nd shot at it.

This is the largest cluster as of last night...

...and then this morning...

...and finally plucked and waiting to dry. The largest in the top left corner is about 2/3 the size of a full sized Bic lighter.

I can see that my FOAF is going to greatly enjoy this hobby.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

Re: First Harvest in Miniature! Hurrah!! [Re: monkeyswithguns]
    #9621860 - 01/16/09 03:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

OK, so not even a congrats for my friend's first cultivation experience?

That kinda sucks, but oh well.

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if they'd ever harvested multiple cakes of miniature mushrooms before, and if so, how the potency turned out?

Just trying to be a part of a larger community, and would love to hear your similar experiences if you had any.

Offlinetokingnome
Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #9621922 - 01/16/09 04:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good man, congrats :thumbup: Those are some small mushies. I'm thinking you should have left em for a while longer and seen if they would've grown any bigger. I can hardly see a veil on just a few of them so they may have grown a bit bigger.

Either way good job! :mushroom2:

--------------------
Confucius say, "Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger." :strokebeard2:

OfflineCCBIGGS
Stranger
Male

Loc: usa
    #9621934 - 01/16/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good for a first harvest to me man. But I am not gonna try an ansewer your questions cause I have yet to have a harvest of shrooms.

OfflineCCBIGGS
Stranger
Male

Loc: usa
    #9621953 - 01/16/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good for a first harvest to me man. But I am not gonna try an ansewer your questions cause I have yet to have a harvest of shrooms.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #9622107 - 01/16/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How much was harvested? Either way, looks great.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

Re: First Harvest in Miniature! Hurrah!! [Re: AlCapwn]
    #9623181 - 01/16/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

They ended up with around 20 1-1&1/2 inch little guys, plus they went ahead and picked off all the tiny pins and aborts to dunk again tonight, and ended up with I don't know how many tiny pins.

Next post will have to be about their casings from the same MS syringe of EQ, as they have 2 1'x1/2' tubs with a 1 inch layer of fully colonized WBS at the bottom, and 3-3&1/2 inches of black kow/straw on top.

Unfortunately they forgot to mix it up while they were making them, because they got in a hurry, and didn't even remember to add a layer of verm.

6 days now, and they don't see anything on top. Any ideas on what they could do/what the problem might be?

Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

#9628631 - 01/17/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Total Dry Weight: 10 grams of mostly aborts and mini mushies.

Going to down around 2.5 grams of it now to do a potency test.

Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

#9629021 - 01/17/09 10:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I upped the dosage to 3 grams.

Hour and a half in, and things are lovely. I'm starting to see visuals, and the walls have been breathing for quite some time now, though time is beginning to lose importance and meaning.

That commercial with the females singing "Space Oddity" just came on, and it's pretty apt.

monkeyswithguns, out.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds