Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLurksponge
Biochemist
Male

Isolating - Newbish Questions
    #9615399 - 01/15/09 03:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So I had a few questions regarding going about getting a good isolate. From what I understand you basically hit up a few agar plates with a spore syringe and wait for those to grow. Once grown you sector them onto new agar plates until they no longer sector. At that point you can make an LC out of the mycellium and hit up some jars. Is that pretty much the general method to going about getting a healthy isolate? As for the questions...

When making your agar plates and lc, what would you suggest for the agar plate mix and the lc mix as far as most nutrients and personal experience?

About how many plates would you guess I'd need to get the max amount of isolates from a full spore syringe?

Does isolating generally give you a faster growing,larger, or more potent fruit?

If I were using a slow fruiter such as Mazatapec, would it still be faster once at the LC stage than doing a G2G transfer from MS of a fast growing/fruiting species like Creeper?

If the above is the general idea for going about getting a good isolate, how would this work out...
Knock up multiple plates via spore syringe, then sector them until I have a good isolate, make a LC out of em and knock up 1 jar per "master" of that isolate (lets say I have 10 at this point) giving 10 different isolates, then case and fruit to compare size/potency, chucking the slow/small/less potent isolate LC cultures.

Would you benefit at all from making a clone of a fruit from the isolated LC? Or would it be better to simply keep going back to the master culture of the best performing isolated LC?

--------------------
I need rising sound … And when it comes to that fantastic note where the rabbit bites its own head off, I want you to throw that fuckin' radio into the tub with me!

My newb experiences and tips to other newbs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract