Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRedRumRiots
Stranger
Fuzzy white balls (but no pins)
    #9590880 - 01/11/09 06:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My cakes have had these fuzzy white balls which Im guessing are primordia. Right now my chamber is a little cramped, but I haven't ever  heard that as a problem. The problem is, however, that Ive had these fuzzy white balls on my cakes for around ten days and nothing has changed. I fan often, no less than 3 times a day, and have 7-12 hours of light on them. The walls of the chamber have moisture on them, so I'm guessing humidity is fine. Am I doing something wrong? Advice/comments are welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down South
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: RedRumRiots]
    #9590976 - 01/11/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Give it a couple more days. And you shouldnt have water really standing in the bottom like that. Ther perlite should just be wet.

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: Killa420]
    #9590992 - 01/11/09 06:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the fuzzballs aren't primordia, just the mycellium reaching out from the cake.  Tiny little bumps will form called hyphal knots soon.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9591014 - 01/11/09 06:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Moisture on the walls of your fruiting chamber isnt an indication of high humidity.

Your perlite looks really damp. If theres any standing water, drain it out. Perlite swimming in water does nothing for humidity. Also, if you have a shotgun fruiting chamber, excess water will drain out. You need those holes in the bottom.

Upload your photo to the shroomery and use the code provided

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineRedRumRiots
Stranger
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9591052 - 01/11/09 06:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry about the uploading thing. If the fuzz balls aren't primordia what exactly are they?

OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: RedRumRiots]
    #9591087 - 01/11/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RedRumRiots said:
Sorry about the uploading thing. If the fuzz balls aren't primordia what exactly are they?

As Buckyeye said, mycelium

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: ABC]
    #9591184 - 01/11/09 07:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

As veda said, Condensation isn't a sign to gauge humidity by. It only means the temperature of the FC's walls are warmer then the air outside of it. Your perlight is submerged in water... your humidity is prolly like 50% at most (Guessing, imo). At the least you need holes in the bottom (Very bottom of the FC), and some holes near the top to create a airflow. If you just have some in the example, bottom, then air wont come in. Because it would have to push the air inside the FC out befor new can come in, and there is no exit. You need for the air to flow through the perlight to admit out the humidity vapors that will be evaporation off the perlight into the FC. Read up on a Shotgun FC. it has holes drilled over every square inch of the FC walls, Holes spaced out about 2 inches apart.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: Boris]
    #9591192 - 01/11/09 07:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

By chance are you growing B+ ? My B+ did this allot, unlike other strains I've grown.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineRedRumRiots
Stranger
Re: Fuzzy white balls (but no pins) [Re: Boris]
    #9594466 - 01/12/09 12:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I actually am. Haha good call. I'm going to fix my FC to your advice and then just wait it out. Thanks for the help guys; I appreciate it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix