Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecurtis594
Stranger
ban phang ka mycelium question
    #9581408 - 01/10/09 04:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

k I am sum wat of a newb, but I have successfully grown cubes more than once. I have uses pf tek and brf jars with awesome results. This time I just wanted something a little bit easier so I bought 3 one pound rye bags from myco luv. First of all do rye bags or any bags for that matter work. Next, is myco luv a reputable source for substrates. I ask this because I inoculated in a glove box same as before, and at first there was a little white mycelium and say one percent of the rye kernals. Now while two weeks later there is say three percent colonization of white mycelium the bottom of the bags to about an inch up is dark. by dark i mean something is growing. My question "finally" is: does the dan phang ka strains mycelium come out dark as hell. they are all doing it so I think it is true that the mycelium is black with little white spots. Can someone tell me what is up. Also my house stays below 65 degrees which is not prime for this thai strain I am guessing, the picture at ralphsters looks a little dark with the surface mainly collonized by white but the bulk of the substrate is black like moist dirt. please help me before I grow something that can kill me and thank you for listening like I said this forum can also be used to discuss substrate sources and different types of substrate. I had a lot of luck with colonizing popcorn, but when I took it out of the jar it would get infected. bird seed sucks. how about just rye anyone got a jar method for rye, or a bag method just assuming the bags work or why the fudge do they even sell them. newbies hahaha.

finally  I think the mycelium of the ban phang ka is black for two reasons one: the pictures of it on ralphsters site. two: the blackness has the same colonization of white mycelium as the regular untainted rye seed. Why is it only like that at the bottom. If it is just temperature (my house was at 50degrees when I got home from work today just really cold outside. If you think it is temp would you recommend getting a heater near them, or starting over.

thanks again
curtis-bob

next idea: fresh cubes spent substrate and mycelium tea add some yeast  ferment and distill. hahaha anything to be a newb again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ban phang ka mycelium question [Re: curtis594]
    #9581437 - 01/10/09 04:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's a contamination. There is no such thing as a black cube mycelium. Is there a way that you can post some closeup pictures (macro mode) of the said parts of the bag? And can a mod move this to the contamination forum?

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinesally
Just Me.
Re: ban phang ka mycelium question [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9581867 - 01/10/09 09:00 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lulz, ban phang ka means "village of the expensive legs" in thai.

--------------------
o rly?

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ban phang ka mycelium question [Re: sally]
    #9582456 - 01/10/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Short answer..... You have contamination.  As stated above, there is no such thing as black cube mycelium.  pictures would be nice.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlinecurtis594
Stranger
Re: ban phang ka mycelium question [Re: curtis594]
    #9637944 - 01/19/09 12:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

like I said the house gets cold sometimes. What happens to mycylium that gets cold? I think I remember reading that it changes color. I kind of thought it turned blue like it was bruised. This is definately not blue discoloration it is black.

Does mycylium or rye seed itself turn black when its cold?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder