Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

#9581038 - 01/10/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 11:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #9581077 - 01/10/09 01:37 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Acceptance.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

#9581093 - 01/10/09 01:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
So I recently learned that a friend of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has a year to live. Come to find out, after 5 days, still nobody has talked to her about dying, death, reality, etc. When I brought it up, she was SO happy that I did, because she's been meaning to talk about it ever since she learned about her diagnosis. She seems so full of life right now, even though she's dying, but she's very scared. Let me tell you, nothing was more cathartic than talking to her, we experienced all ranges of emotions...

I showed her so many of my own ideas about the nature of reality... I gave her some bud to help her through her chemotherapy... I then went on a long discussion with her reminiscent of my threads here in P&S, along with others here on the shroomery that have influenced my own thought. By the end of it, 2 hours later, she seems like she is really at peace with the idea of dying... she told me she wanted to give it a nights rest and think about everything we talked about further, and that she wanted to talk to me more tomorrow... She said, "I really learned something from you tonight, and I dont say that often."

So, my question to all of you... Imagine you had a very open minded, potential psychonaut to talk to that was dying... someone who WANTED to relay all of her experiences and thoughts to you, and someone who you could talk to and they would actually listen to EVERY word of what you are saying... what would you say? What would you talk about?

This must be very hard for your friend. When my ex was diagnosed with ovarian cancer that had spread to cover her entire right lung we used alternative medicine only with no chemo, radiation, or surgery suggested to remove the whole right lung.

We had to try several treatments before she recovered and it was the cesium chloride protocol from www.cancertutor.com that killed it off. It got to where all she would do was lie in bed. I was scared. She had two young daughters, 8 and 11.

Some people don't want to believe that the FDA would withhold natural treatments from people to make money off the dying with expensive chemo, but I do. And I believe pople who are open to drugs recreationally will see that as a reality.

Go check that site out. She will have less than a year if that chemo destroys what's left of her immune system.

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #9581094 - 01/10/09 01:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I would ask her to watch this History Channel documentary about Edgar Cayce. He is concrete proof of God's existence and proof that all humans have eternal life. I would challenge any skeptic to try and argue against what I have claimed, but I would ignore any skeptic who hasn't at least watched this documentary. I would also tell her to read this information Edgar Cayce gave about the afterlife realms: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce08.html Just for the record I don't belong to any religion and it upsets me the way Christians tell people that they are going to go to Hell for eternity, as this is far from the truth.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9581119 - 01/10/09 02:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 11:39 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9581311 - 01/10/09 03:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I would ask her to watch this History Channel documentary about Edgar Cayce. He is concrete proof of God's existence and proof that all humans have eternal life. I would challenge any skeptic to try and argue against what I have claimed, but I would ignore any skeptic who hasn't at least watched this documentary.

Watched the video, but it was nothing but heresay and conjecture. No proof of exactly what predictions he made, when he said them. No proof that he didn't actually have any medical understanding and that his laying down bit and then forgetting everything wasn't just an act. Even if he was capable of tuning into certain "energies", and making accurate predictions (not simply vague statements that could fit any event really), I fail to see how we could then jump the chasm towards "concrete proof of g*d's existence".

I felt pretty skeptical about the notion that he was "troubled" by "selfish" questions, which I read as meaning that he was pressured into giving very detailed information, which I suspect he was quite unable to do, which would explain why he then hung it all up and went back to work as a photographer. :lol:

It'd be interesting if it is true, but I see no reason personally to believe something in absence of any actual concrete evidence, especially because I simply want to believe it is true.

Question: Did you ever know the man or meet him? :strokebeard3:

Quote:

supernovasky said:
What would you talk about?

The nature of reality, acceptance, enjoying the present moment, and, quite certainly, to not adopt unsubstantiated bullshit to make oneself feel better about the unknown. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: fireworks_god]
    #9581321 - 01/10/09 03:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Even if he was capable of tuning into certain "energies", and making accurate predictions (not simply vague statements that could fit any event really), I fail to see how we could then jump the chasm towards "concrete proof of g*d's existence".

Because only that mother fucker can do shit like this, duh. :smirk:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9581326 - 01/10/09 03:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I ant to know 100% if God exists and that video DID NOTHING to prove it, but it was cool to hear about.

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#9581333 - 01/10/09 03:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Did g*d ever show you all of his trophies and medals he was given for all of those chasms he jumped? He's quite the acrobatic athlete; he doesn't even need a pole vault! :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#9581359 - 01/10/09 03:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That documentary is just the tip of the iceberg. You really have to do more research about him. There is a lot of information about him and what he has to say about God on that website I posted a link to , near-death.com. Considering the fact that he was illiterate and had the education of a ninth grader, it is impossible to say that his ability is a hoax. It irritates me that Nostradamus is clearly the biggest fraud in history, yet few people know about Edgar Cayce. People believe what they want to believe and they will be closed minded to anything that conflicts their beliefs. I strongly discourage idolizing any human being but Edgar Cayce clearly does not have the recognition he deserves. Let's be respectful and not high-jack this thread, if you want to dispute this topic then let's open up another thread about it.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

Edited by NlightNd1 (01/10/09 03:45 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#9581384 - 01/10/09 03:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Considering the fact that he was illiterate and had the education of a ninth grader, it is impossible to say that his ability is a hoax.

What information do you have to suggest that he was actually illiterate?

Quote:

Let's be respectful and not high-jack this thread, if you want to dispute this topic then let's open up another thread about it.

This statement is completely ridiculous.
The original post regarding this man was proposed within the context of this thread, so it is only quite fitting that the idea be criticized within this thread. Anyone interested in debating the idea you proposed, which was proposed in an on-topic manner, can feel quite free to do so in this thread, and it doesn't take away, in the slightest, anyone's ability to talk about the original topic in other ways.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9581407 - 01/10/09 04:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
That documentary is just the tip of the iceberg. You really have to do more research about him.

No, I don't have to do more research, since you are the who made a claim and you're also the one who needs to back it up. Answers like "you need to do your own research" or "you don't know enough about this" have no place in a debate-oriented forum.

Quote:

Considering the fact that he was illiterate and had the education of a ninth grader, it is impossible to say that his ability is a hoax.

Do you have any verifiable information that shows he was really an illiterate? Aren't we still talking about the guy who could learn from books only by keeping his head on them? :smirk:
Also, is there any real proof to indicate that he wasn't pretending to be ill, just for, later on, pretending to be entering a trance state in which he miraculously found a "cure"? What about his Gertrude? How do we know that she wasn't pretending to be ill just to give him the opportunity to cure her later on, and as a result of this, to increase his popularity and credibility as a clairvoyant and healer?

I have had some direct experience with "clairvoyants" because of my mother's obsession with them, and let me tell you that ALL of them had their families and close friends back up their stories.

Quote:

People believe what they want to believe and they will be closed minded to anything that conflicts their beliefs.

Yes, people are willing to do that when they don't want to apply reason and logic in their lives. :frown:

Quote:

Let's be respectful

Why?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#9581417 - 01/10/09 04:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Even if he wasn't illiterate, the things he said are impossible to fabricate in that detail. He gave extremely detailed descriptions with exact dates and he was right every time. I'm finished discussing this. If you can prove that he was a fake then I'll be happy to hear what you have to say. The only reason I posted this in the first place was for the OP's personal use. I really don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#9581429 - 01/10/09 04:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
If you can prove that he was a fake then I'll be happy to hear what you have to say.

Typical cop-out for people who can't defend their cause.
You're the one who made a claim, you're the one who's supposed to back it up when questioned, I don't have to find any evidence to show he was fraud.

Quote:

The only reason I posted this in the first place was for the OP's personal use.

Really? And how is this supposed to help the OP? :lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #9581435 - 01/10/09 04:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

As soon as you prove that 1933 will be a prosperous year for America, Atlantis was discovered in 1968 and California was covered by the sea in 1999 then we can continue this discussion.

Thanks for playing.

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #9581442 - 01/10/09 04:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, Dr. Teasy,

It is hard to deny that Cayce received letters from ill people or their relatives and then did diagnostic readings and proposed healings for people THAT HAD DIED IN THE MEANTIME!

You just have to count that as a 'hit', don't you?

Sincerely,

A former Virginia Beach Resident

--------------------

Offlinearne
evidenced treasurer
Male

Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9581466 - 01/10/09 04:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

alright let's get back on topic now, kids.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: arne]
    #9581479 - 01/10/09 04:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

arne said:
alright let's get back on topic now, kids.

Why state what was already pretty well established, that it pretty much resolved itself? Anyways, we were on-topic, kids or not. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#9581491 - 01/10/09 05:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
The only reason I posted this in the first place was for the OP's personal use.

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I would challenge any skeptic to try and argue against what I have claimed, but I would ignore any skeptic who hasn't at least watched this documentary.

Quite the inconsistency! :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Talking to a friend dying of cancer [Re: fireworks_god]
    #9581493 - 01/10/09 05:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know what i would say, except to forgive every person who has ever brought you harm....and to love everyone around you.

Theres not much more too say :shrug: Ya know ive always wondered what i would tell someone who is dying, but now im not exactly sure :strokebeard: I think im gonna give you 5 shroomies for showing me a question that im not really capable of answering.

:ashamed:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order