Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

Can a mess become a success?
    #9576879 - 01/09/09 01:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ive seen a few posts on leaking syringes, but I didn't see where anyone had mentioned whether or not they had any success from using the leaked syringes.

A friend in a land far away received a package from another friend even farther away, in a bubble wrapped mailer.

Of course someone in the post office disregarded the huge lettering spelling out "Fragile" and "Handle with Care" in bright red bold lettering, and subsequently the package arrived with 2 separately packaged 10cc spore syringes, and both had leaked.

One of the bags has a syringe containing 3ccs with (I'm guessing...) 7ccs floating inside the bag. They even saw black clumps floating in it.

The other still contains 7ccs and has 3 ccs floating around.

So basically, my friend got half of what was sent, though in less than ideal conditions.

My question is: Has anyone had success with "compromised" syringes, if only for the reassurance it'll give them?

Also, as the bags are apparently still sealed, would it be worthwhile for them to use some PF jars that never colonized (from a previously "empty" syringe approx. 1 month ago), and maybe pour the spore water in while in a glovebox?

I also considered telling her to just pour the spore water in an apple with a hole in the top, let it soak in, and feed it to their horses just to see if anything pops up in the spring :smile:

If nothing else, I'll tell them to just pour it into some freshly prepared WBS pint jars and see what happens as an experiment, and if it turns out well, then we'll all know the extent to which this particular shroomery vendor from which they originally came goes to in order to ensure sterility at every point in the process.

Any advice, experiences,etc. are greatly appreciated as Id like to give my friend the best information possible, and hopefully some reassurance that they can still succeed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can a mess become a success? [Re: monkeyswithguns]
    #9576976 - 01/09/09 01:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What kinda leak? was it a luer-lok syringe? if so, it shouldn't have leaked unless it had a crack in the main body

the syringes have a pretty large chance of contamination. you'll have to use them and see.

the water was probably sloshed all around the bag, which probably had contams in it, but it might still be viable.

put the syringes in a new dry baggie

Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

Re: Can a mess become a success? [Re: ABC]
    #9577000 - 01/09/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I believe they were luer lock, but can't be certain at the moment.

I don't think they were cracked though, from what I was told they were in good shape, with the caps still in place, just the plunger had been pushed down and there was fluid in the bag.

Offlinemonkeyswithguns
Stranger

Re: Can a mess become a success? [Re: monkeyswithguns]
    #9578808 - 01/09/09 06:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I decided to go ahead and try to use what little I had, so I nocced up 5 pint WBS jars and used what was in the bags in some old PF jars that never did anything. I suppose I'll see what happens.

I'd still like to know if anyone has ever had any experience with this type of situation before and whether it proved to be successful or a complete failure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate