Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagma
student
Loc: Somewhere Unpleasant
ID needed ..... no pics yet
    #952826 - 10/11/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

We just got a huge rain, 2 days straight, here in Northern Virginia. Wen walking in the woods. We found a patch of big (2"-4" diameter caps) already blued mushrooms. Capsof bigger shrooms were concave, convex on the little ones. Not much smell. Medium spaced gills. Hollow stems. Greenish color in very heavily bruised areas. Caps are tannish in un-blued areas. When flicked hard, bruised blue. Hope the description is good. Gonna try and get a camera to take a photo for you guys. Just from this; what do you think ???

--------------------
An instant later, I was crawled up on my bed (in the fetal position) with my eyes closed, squirming around, screaming (in my head) 'Fuck! You killed yourself!' ...
-Sasha Shulgin - TiHKAL #38

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID needed ..... no pics yet [Re: magma]
    #952929 - 10/11/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, its hard to say, but I'd guess that it's Lactarius indigo or similar species... Not active, but edible(don't taste good). I wouldn't reccomend eating anything, ID without a picture is just not good enough. If you slice the gills with a knife on fresh specimens they should ooze a milky substance.

Check out this link:
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/dhabolt/dad/mushroom/mushrooms/Lactarius/Lactarius_indigo_indigo.html
That sound like them?

Edited by GumbyDude (10/11/02 03:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract