Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Has anyone tried this w/ outdoor beds?
    #952311 - 10/11/02 06:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Followed Moe's example and everything is outside finally, 6 patches total- all doing great. I have noticed conflicting remarks about injecting nutrient-rich liquids into colonized trays or casings...But what about outdoor patches??? I realize that aged horseshit could be used but I don't feel like waiting for the mycelium to colonize another whole layer. Is there still very ittle chance of contams w/ outdoor injection of the solution? The outdoor B+ colonized wet leaves and whatnot just great but GT's don't seem to like it and a layer of rye grain only provides food for so long... So what I'm trying to do is strengthen the mycelium by making it healthier with more nutrients. My hope is that this will A) produce more abundant fruits and B) assist in my effort to keep the beds alive through the winter when I bury them under a foot or so of soil. (this technique works, by the way, if anyone was wondering. As long as the soil is dense and covers about 2 feet around and on each patch, there is *usually* a mycelium base when you uncover it the next spring). If I have erred in my reasoning, any help or construstive criticism is welcome.

chillin'
~Bill.

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShaw

Re: Has anyone tried this w/ outdoor beds? [Re: billster84]
    #952343 - 10/11/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i don't think dung water would hurt anything as long as there is decent drainage and you don't over saturate it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies