Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Teh world needs more love
    #9518323 - 12/30/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I will preface this by saying that, in this Universe, according to my experience... there are two polarized states of being and many shades of gray in between. I would use the analogies of darkness and light to illustrate my point. Which, in my perspective translates to the raw human emotions of fear, and love. Both are necessary polarities to keep the 'balance' so to speak. To be sure... nature depends on balance.

Fear is a primal instinct in humans which is necessary for the Fight-or-Flight mechanism, in this regard I would say it is a 'good' thing.. say, if a crazed animal attacks you in the wilderness. The mechanism kicks in, adrenaline starts pumping, senses are heightened, and snap decisions must be made for ones survival. But fear goes far beyond this basic instinct. Fear can be exploited and has long been a tactic employed by governments, military and religious figures throughout time immemorial to keep control over a populace. Don't believe me? Read the Art of War, or turn on your television. By creating a suspended state of illogical Fear - Fear of ones neighbors, Fear of the unknown, Fear of Death, Fear of killer bunny rabbits, etc.. we begin to see beings who live much of their lives centered in fear.

As a general rule, these beings are nervous, chaotic wrecks - oftentimes incapable of forming their own independent thoughts and relying on external sources to tell them what to think.. because well, they have been programmed that way. Fear can most certainly be used as a tool for programming, and it is.. quite frequently. By keeping people fearful of their own shadows, they are much less likely to question the authority, and much less likely to unite together under a common banner. Rather, factions are formed.. segregated groups emerge based on differences.. and everyone hates everyone else based on their differences, rather than uniting and celebrating their similarities. People are much easier to control in small groups.

Love, I would say.. is almost the polar opposite of Fear. I would say in the most basic of understandings, love is the mechanism which ensures that mothers will care for their babies. It is the force that brings lovers together, and the force that brings a common bond to all people. But love extends far beyond this basic concept as well. Physically, love is pronounced by an excited or "warm" state of being, often accompanied by a deep sense of peace and contentment. I do not have the scientific data to back this up.. but I am pretty sure that beings who live most of their lives centered in love, are overall happier people and more satisfied with their lives.

But love is not just limited to loving your wife/husband/gf/bf/mother etc. Self-love is just as, if not even more important than love for others. For after all, how can you truly love another if you do not first love yourself? A very old saying, but also very true. It is nearly impossible to give love without being filled with it in the first place. This is not selfishness, it is the way of things. True love extends beyond the self, but it begins at home (inside).

Love is a universal concept. It brings people together, it heals, it unites, it soothes the savage beast.
It is not limited by racial or cultural differences, and there is no language barrier - everyone understands love at the core of their being.

Which is why I say in this day and age where FEAR is the default, the world needs more love.
The balance is out of place. There is far too much fear, and not enough love.

Fear begets Fear begets Control begets Chaos.
Do you have an arch nemesis? Counter malevolence with unadulterated love.
Beings who FEED on fear, only empowers them when you give them fear, and you sell yourself short.
Love neutralizes fear, just as light neutralizes darkness.
Our world is in darkness, and we need more light. 
Respond to fear with love, and I guarantee you will see more positive results.
Give your love freely and without question.
This is the balance.

Be in light, be in love.
:sun:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: Shroomism]
    #9518359 - 12/30/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good advice :thumbup:

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #9518394 - 12/30/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I would say Knowledge is the polar opposite of Fear, and to that end I say the surest thing you can do is Learn and Know.

Love will follow.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #9518402 - 12/30/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I must admit, when I started reading this I started thinking "ah god, not another mystic..."  But I changed my mind completely not far into your post.  I agree 100% with what you are saying: +5 shrooms for you.

IMHO a case in point of this "fear" is the recent election tactics in the US.  "If you vote for the other guy, the terrorists will attack us again."  Both sides of the political spectrum used that technique in veiled (or non-veiled) formes at one point or another in their compaigns.  Did they say how they would fix the problem? Not really.  They just made you scared of "the other guy".

It's very easy to "turn to the dark side" and live in fear.  It takes a concious effort (at least it does for me) to shun fear and embrace the world.  Sure, you could say that it puts me at risk of being hurt, but it also opens my possabilities for great experiences.

Here's another small but lasting memory:  I picked up a hitchiker this one time (after being told not to ever do such things cause they would probably knife me or some such thing...) and he stuffed my ashtray (it was clean) with weed as payment and we had a fun philisophical discussion about how the sunrise and sunset really has nothing to do with the sun at all, but the earth instead.

Anyway, I'm rambling... :iloveyou:

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: Crasher]
    #9518419 - 12/30/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Crasher said:
I would say Knowledge is the polar opposite of Fear, and to that end I say the surest thing you can do is Learn and Know.

Love will follow.

I would agree.. but I would say that knowledge and love go hand-in-hand, but that one is not necessarily a prerequisite for the other.
Love brings a thirst for knowledge to be sure, knowledge brings a thirst for love? Mayhaps. The two are symbiotic in either case.

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #9518440 - 12/30/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

one is not necessarily a prerequisite for the other.

touché.

In any case, you can't Love a hungry bear out of your tent because you didn't Know you were supposed to keep your food away from where you sleep. :grin:

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: Crasher]
    #9518473 - 12/30/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:yesnod:

And that is where the Fight-or-Flight mechanism is applicable.. in this this case.. flight!
And hope you survive to learn from your mistake :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineCalix
Seek, Kill, Destroy

#9518609 - 12/30/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Love is an overused and generalized word that means almost nothing now a days because of its over use.

There must always be an opposite as you have said. Without feeling and expressing hate you could never really know love, you could never define pleasure if you have never experienced pain. A world of pure love can not exist in our state of being.

I dont use the word love often, It doesnt mean I dont feel it constantly. It just means I appreciate it that much more and when I do use the word it means what it should. (Im not a total asshole)

--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: Calix]
    #9518657 - 12/30/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It might be an overused word, but it's certainly not an over used action.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: ShockValue]
    #9518667 - 12/30/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dig the idealistic message, but Fear vs. Love is still a false dichotomy.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineCalix
Seek, Kill, Destroy

Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: ShockValue]
    #9518692 - 12/30/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShockValue said:
It might be an overused word, but it's certainly not an over used action.

i wont argue against that

--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
    #9518813 - 12/30/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Crasher said:

Love will follow.

I would agree.. but I would say that knowledge and love go hand-in-hand, but that one is not necessarily a prerequisite for the other.
Love brings a thirst for knowledge to be sure, knowledge brings a thirst for love? Mayhaps. The two are symbiotic in either case. 

learn to love... love to learn...

there is no order to these.. they are one and the same yet different at the same time. + 0 - 

:coleman:

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: deCypher]
    #9519337 - 12/30/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I dig the idealistic message, but Fear vs. Love is still a false dichotomy.

pretty much how i feel.

everything is complex.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
Re: Teh world needs more love [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9520209 - 12/30/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I always try my best to remember the golden rule and practice it. I don't always see immediate results but I have to say I have a prosperous life.

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom