Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Bleach allergies in this hobby
    #9512957 - 12/29/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have a friend that is looking into growing but they are allergic to bleach. I use bleach water for sanitation of everything, walls, counters, tabls, containers, used tubs, etc. Any use any bleach alternatives to sanitize stuff? I'll use 91% IPA on some stuff but still prefer bleach. I know they sell bleach alternatives in the cleaning section but I don't know if they are just as good but I do know they are more expensive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Bleach allergies in this hobby [Re: Smushroom]
    #9512976 - 12/29/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

White vinegar cleans great (I use this to clean the inside of monotubs)
70 + proof rubbing alcohol cleans great too (I use this too for monotubs and needles). You don't need the 90% stuff. The 90 proof stuff actually sterilizes much slower but does a better job at cleaning. However in the land of mushroom growing the name of the game is speed. You want to work fast and you want something that will sterilize fast.

Also Hydrogen peroxide works wonders.

I also use bleach in combination with these items to clean other things (I understand this isn't on option just saying I use it too).

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Edited by ronjohn7779 (12/29/08 03:52 PM)

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
Re: Bleach allergies in this hobby [Re: Smushroom]
    #9512985 - 12/29/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am not sure if you can be allergic to bleach.  Chlorine is pretty toxic to everyone and everything in my experience.

Disinfectant spray contains no bleach.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bleach allergies in this hobby [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9512991 - 12/29/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Most Have's 

Oust or Lysol Spray

Hydrogen Peroxide

Rubbing Alcohol

Bleach is not a necessary item.. It does help clean really good but I personally only use it when soaking my jars in the sink.. I add some dish soap and 2 cap fulls of bleach to the water..

Another good item are the Lysol disinfectant wipes..

OfflineKukukatcho
Male User Gallery

Re: Bleach allergies in this hobby [Re: Damion5050]
    #9516740 - 12/30/08 07:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
Most Have's 

Oust or Lysol Spray

Hydrogen Peroxide

Rubbing Alcohol

Bleach is not a necessary item.. It does help clean really good but I personally only use it when soaking my jars in the sink.. I add some dish soap and 2 cap fulls of bleach to the water..

Another good item are the Lysol disinfectant wipes..

:werd: For fear of losing my security deposit, Ive discontinued the use of bleach outside the kitchen sink.

--------------------
While there are some aspects written in stone, much of mushroom growing is very opinionated.

Take your time, do your research, and be patient.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies