Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshiitake
Who else uses the hydra-pod???
    #950683 - 10/10/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just got my pod in. I'll be ready for a bulk run in a week or so. I've read the archive posts on the pod and the info at myco teks site. Just wanted to hear from some satisfied users and learn of thier experiments.

Anybody compared the coco substrate to a grain based (Alien substrate). I saw some great results with the Alien, I would imagine the coco would be better with its wicking action.

What would be a better use of the cropping space? A single 7 inch by 7 inch cake or the stacked 14 pints. I know that in general larger patches produce more growth but for the pod I think the pints makes a better use of the space.

Thanks for any input

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: shiitake]
    #951935 - 10/11/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Who else uses the hydra-pod??? [Re: vatoloco]
    #951978 - 10/11/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i know a person who uses a pod. i suggest multiple smaller cakes because fewer larger cakes puts all your eggs in one basket and take longer to colonize. if you use 12 pints instead of a couple giant cakes you will get quicker birth and potentially less loss to contams.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinewavycap
Cyan Lover
Re: Who else uses the hydra-pod??? [Re: shiitake]
    #952587 - 10/11/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I love my Pods.

I have two Advanced Pods.

I also use casing method for exotics and when I want to try edibles or something new. but those can't go in the pods.

The pods are great for the on-the-go mushroom grower because they are set-and-forget. The adjustable airflow and pump timing allow you to really optomize your conditions. The small size is great and if you have company over just put it in a laundry basket and through a sheet over it and it is a pile of clothes!

People say that using casing tek is more 'advanced' and gives better yeld but you can do quite a bit with PF tek nowadays.

Some tips for you:

Put a aquarium heater in the pod ( submersible type )
Add some H2O2 and or baking soda to your water.
Clean your pod well. Use bleach
Don't let your air pump suck up junk off of the floor.
It is easy to crank too much humidity. be conseritive on the timer.
Don't get greedy and over pack it with cakes. One will catch the green and ruin them all in short order.
Don't open the top. If you cant see in flick the condensation off with your finger and look through the dome.

Are you getting an Advanced Pod? I don't know if they even sell these anymore.
If you have an advanced pod:  -- brush off the vermiculite from the cakes before you birth them. The verm gets caught and plugs up the down drain. You can help to cure this by drilling a few extra holes in the top bucket assembly.

I have not used the new substrate yet but I hope to soon.

My picture shows a hydra-pod my cats used on their vaction to the netherlands to grow some great PESAs. You will get repeated flushes like this when you get the timing down.

Pods kick but PF style! :cool:

--------------------
anyone have a sporeprint for a bioluminescent mushroom species? ( other than foxfire ) A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men...-Willie Wonka

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates