Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomz Ny
Stranger
first timer
    #9506019 - 12/28/08 06:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

whats goin on everybody.
New to the forums and to
shrooms all together.

Interested in trying shrooms
for the first time on NYE and
wondering what its going to be
like. How much should i use?
How much should i pay? Just lookin
for a general feedback on experience
and all that good stuff.. Let me know
whats up.. Appreciated. Thanks....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: first timer [Re: Shroomz Ny]
    #9506578 - 12/28/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The 3 S's

Set, Setting, Sitter

And what its gonna do is "Trap" your current mind frame and place you in a world of bliss, terror, anxiety, tranquility (Or whatever your current mindset is).

As stated use the 3 S's up above. I CAN NOT stress that enough. Dont fucking take them by yourself, in your room, while your family is sleeping, or some stupid ass move like that.

Get outside, away from cops, and the general public. Be "Willing" to trip, and as long as your in a good place, with a decent mood.....theres no real problem.

If a bad trip happens, dont worry! After all.....you followed the 3 S's! Youll have a good buddy with you, you will be far enough away from people where it wont matter if your loud or acting weird. And all will be well. Keep in mind it WILL end, and above all its just a drug inside of your brain. Nothing more

Heres a video of what a bad trip "Feels" like.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: first timer [Re: Almond Flour]
    #9506866 - 12/28/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

One of the best pieces of advice I can give is to note the time you take them. If you aren't sure you'll be able to remember it, write it down. It's very comforting in the middle of a panic attack to know how much longer you have until you come down.

--------------------

OfflineShaman_snake
Stranger
Male

Loc: blah
Re: first timer [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9506901 - 12/28/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

price wise, make em weigh it out in front of you, and dont pay more than 20 an eighth. 3.5grams.

--------------------
looking for some spice gold or auroura. if anyone has any to spare.

the mind breathes better outside the box  :mushroom2:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: first timer [Re: Shaman_snake]
    #9506913 - 12/28/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Don't pay more than 20? $25 is the price in my area and that isn't bad. Prices up to $35 are common. You can't really expect whoever is selling them to him to go against the area's standard price just because some guy online said not to pay more than $20. Of course, that's not to say that $20 necessarily isn't the price in his area. I wouldn't get pissed about the price until someone is trying to charge $40 or $50.

--------------------

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#9506960 - 12/28/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Some people can handle it alone, and some people can't, that doesn't mean every trip should be with a sitter...

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: first timer [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9506978 - 12/28/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

In So Cal the Generic price range was about $35  :tentjump:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: first timer [Re: Almond Flour]
    #9506986 - 12/28/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What is NYE?

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: first timer [Re: Rocker232]
    #9507053 - 12/28/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

My advice is to not do it out at a big party, and don't drink. Be on an empty stomach, in a dark room. Listen to happy, uplifting music.

Have a little herb with you, but don't smoke it until you feel the trip starting to come on.

Oh, and most importantly; HAVE FUN!

p.s. In the words of Douglas Adams, DON'T PANIC! You may feel like you are dying, but don't worry, you're not. Just let go and make your peace and you'll be back before you know it.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineShroomz Ny
Stranger
Re: first timer [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #9509775 - 12/28/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i appreciate the replies.

as for the price, i was told it'd be 35 an 1/8th
from the kid who been tellin me i should to try it.

NYE = New Years Eve

but as stated above, i guess i shouldnt try it then
being there will be a party and ill be drinkin.

im not as worried about a bad trip as maybe i should be.
im actually lookin forward to feeling trippy rather then
always just bein high off the herb.

Should i take the whole 1/8th?
what should the shrooms look like?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9510099 - 12/28/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

^IMO, the perfect first time dose is 2-2.5 grams.

--------------------

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: first timer [Re: Rocker232]
    #9510610 - 12/29/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
What is NYE?

New Years Eve.

To the Original Poster:

-Don't take too much, 2-3g should be more than enough.

-Plan ahead, I can't stress this enough.  Don't just take them for the sake of tripping.  If you don't plan ahead on what you want to do while tripping you can get into thought patterns and infinite loops, sure fire way of starting a bad trip.

-NO MATTER WHAT, have a friend/trip sitter with you the night you plan to do mushrooms for the first time.  Someone you trust, not just any old friend.  If you can, get someone that's done shrooms before.  If your friend/trip sitter is inexperienced like you are at mushrooms, inform him/her to read up on it.  Nothing worst then a friend who calls the cops thinking you're going insane when in reality you're perfectly fine enjoying your trip.  Trust me when I say the majority of people out there don't know jack shit about tripping, they assume too much and over react.

-Do them somewhere comfortable and where you feel safe.  More importantly, don't do it when theres a lot of people around.  You'll be overwhelmed to no ends, trust me on this.  For a first time, you should not have more than 2-3 people around while you're tripping. Any more and it can turn ugly.

-Make sure you have no obligations the day/night of tripping and day after you trip, you WILL feel fucked up the day after (considering this is your first trip), not in a bad way though (unless you had a bad trip the night before).  You'll just find it harder to do normal everyday things the day after, almost have a lethargic feel to your movements. 

-To reiterate my earlier point, PLAN AHEAD!  Cannot stress that one enough.

-If your trip turns bad, remind yourself (better yet write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in your pocket): "This is just a mushroom trip.  People have been eating mushrooms for thousands of years, all this will go away in a few hours.  This is all in my head."  Keep one thing in mind though: go with the flow of the trip.  Don't try to resist anything, if you feel a bad trip coming on just go with it, the more you resist the worst it gets.

Enjoy your trip man, take my advice I posted it for a reason.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Edited by jeffloomis (12/29/08 12:54 AM)

OfflineShaman_snake
Stranger
Male

Loc: blah
Re: first timer [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9510739 - 12/29/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

man if i was dealin 20 an eighth would be my price, and i would never pay more than 25 around here.

--------------------
looking for some spice gold or auroura. if anyone has any to spare.

the mind breathes better outside the box  :mushroom2:

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: first timer [Re: Shaman_snake]
    #9510754 - 12/29/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

1/8's here go for 17 bucks (even thought its technically $17.50), but since thats such an odd price dealers usually charge 15 bucks for an 1/8 if you also buy a 10 sac or more from them.  20 bucks if you just want the 4g.  They don't sell "1/8's" here unless you buy weed too.  Its gotta be nice round numbers.

$5 bucks a gram here.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Edited by jeffloomis (12/29/08 01:29 AM)

OfflineShroomz Ny
Stranger

Re: first timer [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9512807 - 12/29/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

To the Original Poster:

-Plan ahead, I can't stress this enough.  Don't just take them for the sake of tripping.  If you don't plan ahead on what you want to do while tripping you can get into thought patterns and infinite loops, sure fire way of starting a bad trip.

what do you mean by the underlined?
what should i "plan"?
&
what do you mean by thought patterns & infinite loops?

thanks for the advice tho.. I appreciate it..

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #9512813 - 12/29/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You know when you feel a woman's breast and it feels like..a..a bag of sand...

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

OfflineGlassjaw
Bettysmith
Re: first timer [Re: shadyy]
    #9512934 - 12/29/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with you man.  I've had my experience of LSD trips, including tough ones, but am taking shrooms for the first time tomorrow during the day here at my house.  Lemon Teking a half eigth.  Just got new 5.1 speakers so it should be bomb.

Anyway, I'm interested in what info this thread brings (although it's a common topic).

GL on your trip bud.

--------------------

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9513632 - 12/29/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomz Ny said:
Quote:

To the Original Poster:

what do you mean by the underlined?
what should i "plan"?
&
what do you mean by thought patterns & infinite loops?

thanks for the advice tho.. I appreciate it..

Plan ahead as in what are you going to be doing while tripping? Watch a movie? What movie?  Play a game?  Music?  Meditate?  Go for a walk?

If you don't plan ahead what happens is when you're tripping you become unbelievably indecisive.  You cannot make your mind up at all, when you're tripping you have so many choices as to what to do but you can never make up your mind and you get stuck in these "infinite loops" of just thinking to yourself "should I do this..no wait I'll do this...no wait the first idea sounded better...wait the 2nd one" and this will go on for a very long time until you come to a decision (which is very hard to do).  That's why you should (not that you have to) plan ahead that way you don't have to make up your mind while tripping.

Set some time aside for watching a movie, some time for music, some time for games, some time for walking outside (if you want), basically set time for each activity that you want to do.  This is only a suggestion, if you'd much rather just sit on the couch tripping out on the wall the entire time be my guest lol

Another thing is when planning, try to be specific.  Don't just set aside time for a movie, choose the movie you want to watch (or choose a few movies).  If you don't choose a movie ahead of time then when the time comes to watch a movie you'll have no idea what to watch.  You'll just be blankly staring at your DVD collection not knowing what to do.

For my first trip we played Guitar Hero on the come up leg of the trip, during the peak we were watching TV but I was just tripping balls on the cutrains and letting all the information seep into my head (my friend was the one watching TV).  We would have gone for a walk but it was -10 degrees outside, my friends mom was at home (asleep) and it was my first time tripping so we scratched that idea.  We ended up playing Halo and watchin Transformers the movie (from peak till come down). 

Oh, and you'll be laughing a lot too, it was so hard for me to control my laughter (especially since it was my first time) with his mom just down the hallway.  If she came out that night and questioned us we'd both be so screwed haha

Edited by jeffloomis (12/29/08 05:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract