Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible?
    #9495866 - 12/26/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That little mushroom is growing off the side of the plastic tub, not the substrate. How is this possible? Where is it getting it's 'food' from?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblearchivist
5-HT
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #9495877 - 12/26/08 01:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

An awesome example of the hardiness of shrooms!

I'm guessing the myc grew on some of the straw you had sticking to the side of the tub.

--------------------

Proud supporter of the canning jar industry.

OfflineLouiscypher
The Ancient One
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Great PNW
Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #9495878 - 12/26/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Don't know. It looks pretty disgusting though.

--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
    #9495886 - 12/26/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I can't wait to get my microscope and study the nature of fungii to a deeper level!
It is still connected to the mycelial network.
This is not all that uncommon but I would think this shows good stamina and traits worthy of cloning.  More experienced cultivators can give you the full study about this but I have read and seen study of myc networks being able to supply food to roots of trees in a symbiotic relationship for several miles away.  I think this was Stamets video.  neat stuff!

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Offlinewalzmanm
Living, not merely existing
Male User Gallery

#9495904 - 12/26/08 02:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RobMarley420 said:

That little mushroom is growing off the side of the plastic tub, not the substrate. How is this possible? Where is it getting it's 'food' from?

I'm not gonna lie, that looks like an alien cock.

--------------------

InvisibleInTheRainySeason
Stalker

Loc: Hostile territory
Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: walzmanm]
    #9495938 - 12/26/08 02:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You should examine the plastic to see if it actually digested any. Maybe clone it if you think it has useful traits.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
    #9496019 - 12/26/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'd clone that sucker. Apparently a piece of mycelium got stuck to the side of your tub and the shroom fruited from there. Seems to be a durable little bastard.

Quote:

You should examine the plastic to see if it actually digested any. Maybe clone it if you think it has useful traits.

:nono:  Ps cubensis don't eat plastic.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9496028 - 12/26/08 04:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the mycelium will often grow up the side of the tub collecting moisture. The pinning was caused by mycelium transferring nutrients from the bulk substrate to the area on the side.

Nifty network it has. That is probably one of the largest mushrooms I've seen growing off the side without being on the substrate itself and you really should consider taking a tissue clone since the mycelium has proved to be very vigorous.

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: HybridprX]
    #9496055 - 12/26/08 04:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HybridprX said:
the mycelium will often grow up the side of the tub collecting moisture. The pinning was caused by mycelium transferring nutrients from the bulk substrate to the area on the side.

Nifty network it has. That is probably one of the largest mushrooms I've seen growing off the side without being on the substrate itself and you really should consider taking a tissue clone since the mycelium has proved to be very vigorous.

Wish I'd have known that during my last grow... I Had an entire cluster fruiting from the side of a cooler like that, the biggest one got to about 2"(give or take .5") before the cluster dropped.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: HybridprX]
    #9498398 - 12/26/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HybridprX said:

Okay, how do I do a tissue clone?

--------------------

OfflineMagic_Hobo
Stranger
    #9498417 - 12/26/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I always get at least a couple little shrooms growing on my black trashbag liner, but they always abort.  None of them have ever gotten as big as yours.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9498655 - 12/26/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RobMarley420 said:
Okay, how do I do a tissue clone?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5874305#5874305

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom growing off side of plastic tub. How is this possible? [Re: dead]
    #9499355 - 12/26/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Your tub is so excited to be more in life than just holding junk that it got a boner!:rofl:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck