Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06

Who else has divorced parents dicking around with them this Christmas?
    #9486295 - 12/23/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Blah, this year both of my parents made different plans on Christmas day without consulting with each other, and then invite me and force me to choose. It's like, fuck, who wants to have to choose between one of their parents? To me, it's irresponsible for them to do this to me. I understand divorce, the act doesn't bother me in itself, but I do have a problem when parents do shit like this. It fucks with their kids. It bothers me even more because my grandma that I'm close to is on my dad's side, while my eight year old brother is on my mom's side, so I feel twice the pressure. This is horrible. I was really looking forward to Christmas, in fact I had been spending hours making artwork for different people in my family the last couple of days. But now that I realize that both of my parents are going to be spineless about their Christmas plans and put the burden of making it work completely on my shoulders, I'm not even looking forward to it any more. If they're going to have a kid, they should at least be responsible enough not to do shit like this.

I know some other people out there have to be in the same boat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Who else has divorced parents dicking around with them this Christmas? [Re: iamconfused]
    #9486339 - 12/23/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Man, the thought just screams to me to stand both of them up.  I dont know...

I have different families so I try to do the 'eve' at one place and the 'day' at the other.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Who else has divorced parents dicking around with them this Christmas? [Re: DieCommie]
    #9486352 - 12/23/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Forget all that, don't be a part of someone elses games. Do what I'm doing, smoke a bowl, and go see the spirit opening day on Christmas. :jointsmile:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06

Re: Who else has divorced parents dicking around with them this Christmas? [Re: DieCommie]
    #9486378 - 12/23/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I have different families so I try to do the 'eve' at one place and the 'day' at the other.

Yeah, that was my plan, but then I called my mom and she never offered that up as a possibility even though it was the most logical thing to do. It didn't seem like she wanted to, anyway. So, I just hung up on her. I wouldn't care about standing her up, except I can just see the disappointment on my little brother's face if I'm not there around Christmas. I know my grandma on my dad's has some nice gifts waiting for me, including money, which I really need because I don't even have car insurance right now, so I'll probably just go to my dad's. But I don't feel right making the decision that heartlessly, so I just don't know...

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Who else has divorced parents dicking around with them this Christmas? [Re: iamconfused]
    #9486963 - 12/24/08 01:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just love the Christmas memories where Aunt Eve gets arrested for pills,

and she comes back to my home town to raise hell, and she thinks my mom did it.

I,m 12

Santa are you there?

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #9487020 - 12/24/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My parents and in-laws are always making plans without consideration to the fact I have to drive 14 hours with screaming kids in the backseat for the holidays.

We've decided to boycott the family this year. It really took all the stress out of Christmas. I think I might actually enjoy myself this year. :thumbup:

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#9487342 - 12/24/08 03:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

tell them you did a random cointoss to see which parent you would visit this year, and which you would visit next year.

also tell them both, on the phone, asap that if they care enough to see you every year they will withstand 5 hours of contact with their ex so you dont have to withstand an entire christmas of non-contact with one side of your family.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom