Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleChronic7

Scientology
    #9477457 - 12/22/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know anything about these bunch
Whats the score with them?

I know that they charge for you to know more & excel up the 'levels' or whatever
which in my opinion is just ridiculous!

I work for a musical hire company & they rented a drumkit off us last week so i went & collected it

I bumped into & spoke to this super hot girl that was working there & she didn't even seem to know much about what scientology is really about, she was just christian & liked working there & said she was interested in finding out the truth of life & enjoyed helping people

I explained that she doesn't need any organization or person outside of herself to find the truth, but she seemed set on the scientology 'way' so who am i to try & derail her...

I was just wondering are there any scientologists here? & if so whats it all about?

(to be totally honest i wanna know if this girls gonna be brainwashed by these people as im really attracted to her, i heard they basically recondition you, instead of decondition you & talk a bunch of stuff about alien overlords bearing over our souls etc...)

:peace:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Scientology [Re: Chronic7]
    #9477466 - 12/22/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Where's this brain-washing machine so many people talk about? :sherlock:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9477478 - 12/22/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.xenu.net/

More than they want you to know.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Scientology [Re: mushroom people]
    #9477570 - 12/22/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Reading on Wiki its seem Hubbard even said that it all comes from the Vedas, Tao Te Ching & Gautama Buddha

Reading up on them its basic religious philosophy really, mans here to uncover his relationship with the universe/divinity, the evolution of the soul, reincarnation etc...

I just know you don't have to work for some organization for years in order to find out these things

It'll be funny if she tries to indoctrinate me

--------------------

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9477612 - 12/22/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't he say something about starting a religion would be a great way to make boat loads of money? You can see his true dedication to finding the ultimate truth.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #9477812 - 12/22/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:crazy2:

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #9479436 - 12/22/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroom people said:
Didn't he say something about starting a religion would be a great way to make boat loads of money? You can see his true dedication to finding the ultimate truth.

This is the basis.
Only fools and money making fools indulge in this stuff.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9479452 - 12/22/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Reading up on them its basic religious philosophy really, mans here to uncover his relationship with the universe/divinity, the evolution of the soul, reincarnation etc...

Yea, they have some rudamentary scientific stuff to go along with it. The e-meter measures the bodys electrical resistance, one of the components in a standard lie detector.

I think they're into massage therapy or something as well.

The culmination of all the best modern science has to offer. :rolleyes:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Scientology [Re: Rahz]
    #9480029 - 12/22/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
some rudamentary scientific stuff

I believe the word you're looking for is "token."

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9480556 - 12/22/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Reading on Wiki its seem Hubbard even said that it all comes from the Vedas, Tao Te Ching & Gautama Buddha

I just know you don't have to work for some organization for years in order to find out these things

It'll be funny if she tries to indoctrinate me

It'll seem appealing through the first few ranks or so; enough New Age philosophy blended in with stereotypical mysticism to hook anyone in, but as soon as you rise high enough to have many friends in the organization and enough pressure to continue, they start in with trance-inducing techniques and other classic methods of brain-washing under the guise of self-exploration.

Just wait till you hear about Thetans.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Scientology [Re: deCypher]
    #9480979 - 12/22/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's a "religion" that was concocted by a science-fiction writer back in the 50's-60's.  And there's a whole lot of money involved.  You gotta pay pay pay, from what I read, for each "level" you graduate to, and just to be a member to begin with.  To get to the highest tier - it costs like $50K-100K, something ridiculous.  IMO, it's the biggest fucking sham out there.  I mean, why would I PAY to be a member of a so-called religion that a science-fiction writer came up with?!  It's almost like a joke or something.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Scientology [Re: J3illy]
    #9481594 - 12/23/08 01:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Almost a joke? Most folks don't even know the half of it.

OfflineDreamSignals
Morphogenetic Truth

Loc: the void
    #9481655 - 12/23/08 02:33 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroom people said:

Well something involving ET's was going down at Esalen Institute in the sixties. Hubbard actually has a lot of ties to the military, if you were to look him up.

Besides the fact, why would a creature of much higher intellect want our currency? It's just meaningless notes used for social control and resource control.

But that's the past. I think the 2012 movement is a little more revealing than it appears in the mainstream, a lot of people are going to start finding out, that well, they don't really exist.

--------------------

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. (93)
Love is the law, love under will. (93 93/93)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Scientology [Re: DreamSignals]
    #9481727 - 12/23/08 03:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

why are these celebs I keep hearing about joining this thing? tom cruise, beck, isaac hayes,,, there's gotta be something decent about Scientology.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #9481730 - 12/23/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

> I was just wondering are there any scientologists here?

If you search, you will find a few people that try to defend $cientology.

> Whats the score with them?

They are a cult in the guise of a new-age religion.  Be careful what you read about them.  Their members love to sue any naysayers out of existence, thus most places, such as Wiki, have very little negative to say.  The site http://www.xenu.net/ is probably the best for fairly accurate information on how they work, what they do, what they believe, etc.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: Scientology [Re: JCoke]
    #9481998 - 12/23/08 06:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
why are these celebs I keep hearing about joining this thing? tom cruise, beck, isaac hayes,,, there's gotta be something decent about Scientology.

I'm pretty sure this is what they want you and the youth of today to think. As far as I can tell they're either using leverage (blackmail), or there is some incentive for these actors (or maybe they're, I don't know, acting!). Either way, them Scientologists are trying to take over the world via religion. :hehehe:

I'm just hoping they throw a picnic, Kool-aid and all. I enjoy it when problems solve themselves. :lol:

--------------------
Let's get the fuck out of here.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Scientology [Re: Bernackums]
    #9482014 - 12/23/08 06:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

> why are these celebs I keep hearing about joining this thing? tom cruise, beck, isaac hayes,,, there's gotta be something decent about Scientology.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/celebrities/

Quote:

"Project Celebrity" appeared in the "Ability" newsletter (Minor II - a complicated designation LRH gave to his in-house magazines) that was issued in early 1955. (There is promotion for an upcoming "Congress" on June 3-5 to be held in Phoenix, Arizona.)

In it, LRH announces "Project Celebrity" to find celebrities. "It is obvious what would happen to Scientology if prime communicators benefiting from it would mention it now and then," LRH says. So he offers a list of celebrities and says to write and say which one the reader wants. "We will then allocate this person to you as your game," Hubbard says.

Hubbard goes on to say, "Having been awarded one of these celebrities, it will be up to you to learn what you can about your quarry and then put yourself at every hand across his or her path, and not permitting discouragements or 'no's' or clerks or secretaries to intervene, in days or weeks or months," to get them into an auditing session.

Hubbard says all costs for the hunt are to be borne by the hunter assigned the celebrity. But he will "Award the celebrity to you as your quarry" and give you exclusive hunting rights. "If you want one of these celebrities as your game, write us at once so the notable will be yours to hunt without interference." He also offers two weeks of "special coaching" in Phoenix, if you pay for the trip there and your own living expenses.

Hubbard warns, "These celebrities are well guarded, well barricaded, over-worked, aloof quarry." But, if you are successful, "If you bring one of them home you will get a small plaque as your reward."

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Scientology [Re: Seuss]
    #9482114 - 12/23/08 07:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder who got the small plaque for Tom Cruise. Interesting read, thanks for finding that :thumbup:

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Scientology [Re: zouden]
    #9483730 - 12/23/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.xenu.net/ just lost all credibility:

Quote:

I do not have to try street drugs, do crime or drown to have the opinion that street drugs, crime and drowning is bad for you.

:nonono:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Scientology [Re: deCypher]
    #9483923 - 12/23/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

replace the word 'drugs' with 'meth'.

Quote:

I do not have to try street meth to have the opinion that street meth is bad for you.

Neither do I. I'd much prefer to take clean ecstasy or mushrooms than street meth.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom