Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

The importance of an empty stomach.
    #9473670 - 12/21/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Kind of a little story that's open to discussion.

Two nights ago, I dosed 25g fresh at 11:55 pm. Munched them straight up and downed them with water. I wait 30 minutes... nothing... I wait one hour and I feel VERY minimal effects. No mindfuck or anything, just a little bit of tiredness and mood lift. 20 minutes after that the bed starts 'breathing' slowly-nothing interesting.  I fell asleep, woke up at 5, and I'm still feeling something, but I go back to sleep again with disappointment.

The thing was, I ate a full meal 2 hours before that, and I thought it would be fine, the only problem would be that the onset lasts longer. Don't think there were any other problem, I grew these myself, and they worked before, and I measured them accurately with my own scale.

This could've caused by a few things though that come to mind. The obvious one being that there was already food in my stomach, and it would take a while for my stomach to start processing that food before it gets to the shrooms. Another, harder concept to understand would be that since there were other foods in my stomach the food:shrooms ratio was bigger, which means that only a limited amount of psilocybin could've been processed at a time. Which would make the trip longer and softer, rather than short and strong. Another thing my friend pointed out is that the stomach breaks down psilocybin before it becomes active. This is why when you take syrian rue the effects literally double. Because it prevents the stomach from breaking down psilocybin and other chemicals as much or at all.

It's still a mystery to me though, and I'm very unsure of what could be the problem.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: The importance of an empty stomach. [Re: skaterickets]
    #9473725 - 12/21/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

That's why i always stick to 6+ hours without eating and lemon tek. Always ensures me a good trip.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: The importance of an empty stomach. [Re: jvm]
    #9474092 - 12/21/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Having food in my stomach only leads to increased nausea. It's never affected the strength of the trip for me though...

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineEat A Peach
Iconoclastic guerilla
Male

Loc: I can see my house from h...
Re: The importance of an empty stomach. [Re: skaterickets]
    #9474183 - 12/21/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I try to follow a fasting routine when I take mushrooms. I don't generally get nauseous, so that is not a real problem with me.

OTOH, this year on July 4th, my wife and I made an impromptu decision to do about 4 grams of mushrooms each and watch the fireworks in our neighborhood. We were a little ahead of schedule, about 2 hours after eating a nice steak dinner. We still tripped like a couple of muffuhs and the fireworks were absolutely monumental.

EAP

--------------------
Look inside yourself, and if you don't see what you want,
Maybe sometimes then you don't,
But leave your mind alone and just get high.

OfflineTastyPop
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cerebral Cortex
Re: The importance of an empty stomach. [Re: Eat A Peach]
    #9474408 - 12/21/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

True: An empty stomach makes for a stronger, quicker trip
True: your stomach will break down small amounts of the mushrooms while also breaking down the other foods, making a soft, long lasting trip

Also, different foods such as rice will absorb small amounts of chemicals and have it processed with them, so keep that in mind.

I keep a 4-6 hour time no eating before I dose.

--------------------
I feel very much like alice.....

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The importance of an empty stomach. [Re: TastyPop]
    #9474446 - 12/21/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I dosed last night (cuz of the snow, it was a really fun trip).

I ate dinner (a big ass sub sandwich that I made) at around 9pm and dosed at exactly 10:20pm.  I finished eating the 3g dried by 10:25pm (disgusting I might add).  First alert was at 10:54pm and body buzz came on at 11:03pm while visuals came at 11:25pm (although they were very very subtle visuals).

So for me it doesn't take that long to kick in on a full stomach HOWEVER I did notice that as far as visuals went, it was very very subtle; I had to really really concentrate and squint at whatever I was looking at to see the visuals come to life.  I also didn't get that many CEV's, just some fucked up shapes that I saw but nothing like my other trips.  So I guess when it comes to my body and metabolism if I eat a big meal an hour before dosing I'll get a nice body buzz/mind fuck and become very very giggly but won't get visuals at all.

3g is a very good dose if you ask me so I was expecting visuals.

Nonetheless I had a very fun time last night, I watched Wall-E for the first time and man it was a blast, I thought it'd be one of those "kids" movies but on shrooms it was a lot of fun to watch.  The movie wasn't that long but to me it seemed like forever like I was being taken on an adventure while watching the movie, kinda sad when it ended.  The first time I noticed visuals during this trip (11:25pm) was the scene where its night time on earth and Ava and Wall-E are sitting next to each other (right after Eva blows up that cargo ship) and I breathed in really deep and noticed that everything on the scream "breathed in too", so I exhaled and sure enough everything in the movie exhaled.  Very subtle like I said, I would have missed it were I not paying attention.  I looked at the time and it was only 12:30am!  So I went outside and watched the snow fall and it was one of the most beautiful sights/feelings I've ever had.  It wasn't visual but just the way lights reflected off the snow from the street lamps, awesome!

edit: I ended up staying up till 5am, just with a heavy body buzz and my legs felt like jelly whenever I got up.  I was laughing at pretty much everything I saw until around 3:30 when I started to come down, decided to play halo and it wasn't fun at all.  I hate how on the come down leg of a shroom trip I can not function very well, usually if I smoke a few bowls I can function perfectly fine while boosting the trip but last night I had nothing to smoke and it was the first time I did shrooms just by itself, still a fun night in my book.  And yes I know to take shrooms on an empty stomach but I had a little bit of predicament last night when it came to that (parents were home and they kept telling me to eat something cuz i hadn't eaten all day and they were starting to get a wee bit suspicious)

Edited by jeffloomis (12/21/08 07:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate