Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like.
    #9467914 - 12/20/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I can't for certain tell you what Denmark looks like. I never saw the middle of the Atlantic. I've never looked up Botswana on google image seach.

I like to have a general understanding of land. What grows there, what walks and crawls around. What drugs the people do, what their homes look like, what they eat.... etc. But I feel so limited only knowing for certain what many parts of America look like and random places like The Maldives or Mexio or whatever else that is heavily covered online or in image books.

People are often too afraid to take mundane images and instead take even more mundane images as evidenced by sites like Flickr. When I looked for images that generally described Portland, Oregon all I could find where some generic city scapes of either the towers from the Wilamette, or the cityscape with Mt. Hood in the background or Pioneer Place. There were no street life shots, or images describing the plant life. I find this goes for everywhere. "Sweden Landscape" will give you some images but not much, and even then they aren't very good. Google Earth has a lot of the similar problems, but is a bit better.

In my day I've seen some good coffee table picture books, but those are so expensive!!

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9467995 - 12/20/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I find it strange that so many people in this country have gone their entire lives without seeing the ocean.  But it makes sense considering the size of the interior of the US.

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: BoneMan]
    #9468013 - 12/20/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've never seen mountains, I want to go to one real bad. :frown:
I actually wanna see all the marvels of nature, just to say that I have been there.

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9468032 - 12/20/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I hate the fact that I have never traveled, but I am making it a goal to do so. I would love to be able to just get up and drive to wherever :laugh:

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: Rocker232]
    #9468040 - 12/20/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Damn right, motorcycle with just a backpack of only the essentials.
That'd be lovely. I've been to the ocean, when I was like 3, so of course I don't remember it.

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9468050 - 12/20/08 04:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

just in this last semester i camped in around 8 - 10 national parks ranging from canada to southern texas.

im really happy with what i have seen thus far and am not stopping by any means

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9468053 - 12/20/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
I never saw the middle of the Atlantic.

it looks much like the middle of the Pacific, only smaller.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9468054 - 12/20/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

There's nothing like the high sea! Especially in a tropical place like Hawaii. Blue, some other blue, and the bluest of all. That's what it was like when I was swimming on Waikiki.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #9468062 - 12/20/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Is it the Sea of Japan that has those funny looking islands where people collect birds nests? Looks like it might be an awesome place to scubadive.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: Booby]
    #9468074 - 12/20/08 04:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

whoa that does sound cool

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: nalyudi]
    #9468094 - 12/20/08 04:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I can't wait till Spring is here I'm going to really make it an effort to spend more time outdoors. I won't have a chance to really travel for awhile, but there's a lot to see just under my nose.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: Rocker232]
    #9468107 - 12/20/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Do it!! I spent all last spring walking along our roads, and through the countryside here in Ohio when I had nothing to do (most of the time). At the time I appreciated it, but still had no idea how close it would bring me with Ohio. :hug:

--------------------

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

#9468145 - 12/20/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Illinois has a state park very close to my pad. About an 8 mile bicycle ride.
White pines state park.
Doubt anyone's heard of it who isn't in illinois, but it's a very beautiful place. used to ride my bike there everyday and blaze/meditate.
Lots of deer and wild  turkeys

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9468160 - 12/20/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You should take pictures, then post it on the proper part of the Google Earth map.

--------------------

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
    #9468175 - 12/20/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

once you've traveled around a bit you begin to understand that the Earth, though very large, is in fact much smaller than you might at first have thought.  In the modern age of transportation and communication it is impossible to imagine that we are NOT all connected. 

In essence we are all neighbors regardless of language, customs, upbringing, or religion.

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: travelleler]
    #9468234 - 12/20/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, yeah, I feel that. Though I still couldn't tell you what Uzbekestan looks like at all. I want to be able to see and get the general vibe of all parts of the world.

--------------------

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

#9468249 - 12/20/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Goals:
Mountain
Desert
Alaska
Volcano
Islands
Deep underwater
HUGE caves
Ocean
Hot springs

Feel free to put more to the list, just making myself goals to what I want/should visit.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #9468275 - 12/20/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I know what you mean.  Recently my priorities have shifted and I feel like all I want to do now is save up a fat load of money and then spend a few years being nomadic and traveling.  That sounds awesome.

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: I find it sad that I and most people have no idea what most of the world looks like. [Re: MOTH]
    #9468344 - 12/20/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

People would be so much better off if they even spent a few hours a week stopping their business/work oriented life and got out into nature.
At least in my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineMindflayer
No, really.
Female

Loc: Arctic Circle
    #9469818 - 12/20/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Are you springing for our round trip tickets???

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order