Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegctbob
Stranger
blue and black shit. pictures!
    #9465092 - 12/20/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, this is how it goes. I purchased a grow bag from the mad season and a syringe of cubenis B+ spores and commenced to inoculate. This occurred in October and it is now December. After the long colonization process, i began to fruit my beloved babies. Excitedly checking up on process, i came upon an odd looking blue color at the base of most pins and all mushies growing. I read the blue shit is the activation of chemicals, but there is also some black looking stuff on the inside of one of the caps; it has a long opening in the stem. It looks like the inside of the mushroom, but why the hell would it be growing open like that? Take a look!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/gctbob/mus2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/gctbob/mus.jpg
Both pictures are of the cap that is opened. It is growing up the side of the cake touching the plastic of the bag.
Another thing is the cake actually colonized on the plastic of the bag, and is now producing mushrooms straight off the plastic. I cant imagine the caps will grow well in these conditions. Should they be left alone until they reach full maturation, or will they be restricted in the amount they will grow, die, rot, and continamate the cake (worst case haha.) Any advice would be much much appreciated!

They smell like old grape juice by the way.

Edited by gctbob (12/20/08 12:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery

Re: blue and black shit. pictures! [Re: gctbob]
    #9465118 - 12/20/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

doesn't look like contam to me... looks more like when a pin aborts and starts to rot. note the dark brown/black cap

Offlinegctbob
Stranger
    #9465168 - 12/20/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So what your saying is i should take it out and munch on that shit?

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #9465617 - 12/20/08 03:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Take the plastic off and fruit in a FC.  Remove those old pins, they are open invitations for contamination.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Offlinegctbob
Stranger
Re: blue and black shit. pictures! [Re: solumvita]
    #9466041 - 12/20/08 08:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the help good sirs! my final question is can i save the ones im going to pick out to eat, or should i just toss?

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9466113 - 12/20/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I would prefer to toss, but it may be all right check for any obvious rotting if there is then discard or try, beware a bad trip :hehehe:

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Offlinegctbob
Stranger
    #9467938 - 12/20/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I took the cake out of the bag and placed it in a fruiting chamber as instructed. As the cake was removed from the bag, i pulled off the rotting mushrooms. take a look!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/gctbob/mush3.jpg
The rotting places feel no different then the other pins i pulled off. Is this rot or should i worry at all? If it is rot, can i toss the rotted ones and dry the rest for future ingestion? I want this to work so bad. My first time was a fail, so if this cake doesn't work I'm going to HAVE to try again. I am really interested in trying these things :laugh:

Edited by gctbob (12/20/08 04:09 PM)

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9471685 - 12/21/08 08:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I would rather discard all the black looking ones than get desperate and eat them.  I am sure that the block will fruit fine just give it some time.

--------------------

www.mushrush.co.za

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck