Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Bubbles
Stranger
HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions
    #9436312 - 12/15/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ello, this be my first Shroomery post, been lurking for a little while though. I tend to be long winded, so feel completely free to mentally paraphrase my post. My actual question is about 3/4 of the post down from here...

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I am just a little unclear on a thing or two...

This was my first experience with any psychoactive drug.

5 hours before my "trip" I chewed and swallowed a single hbwr seed. 10 mins later BAM headache and 2 mins after that pretty bad nausea. I almost chucked, and this is just one seed.

So 5 hours later, I hammered 4 seeds in a plastic bag, not quite to a powder, but close, I then ate them in yogurt. I then drank a disgusting liquid concoction laced with a half teaspoon of ground ginger. I felt virtually no nausea at all the entire "trip"
I know the seeds weren't bunk, there was a very mild body load and mood lift. Dilated pupils, sharper colors.

The above is what my questions are really about, the following is mostly just an account, sorry if this belongs in "trip reports" or somewhere else ...

About 3-5 hours after ingestion my thoughts seemed to be multitasking, like my brain was concentrating on 3 things at once. very cool. short attention span during this.
Time would slow down by a good 25% or more most of the time. And music was a little bit better than normal.
Yngwie Malmsteens 5 min songs each felt like they lasted a half hour, and were epic symphonies of perfectly blending melodies.

About 5 hours in I turned on some quality trance and laid in the dark.
There was an indescribable feeling like there was no way that music could be any better than it already is, like every note is simply as good as it can be, its like the songs are perfectly balanced and fung sheued lol.
For the first time in my life, I could simultaneously listen to every track in these complex trance songs. I heard completely new details that I simply hadn't noticed before, real ones, not hallucinations. I never noticed how many tracks are playing at a given time in a single song to make the actual sound we usually here. And the bass seemed loud as fuck compared to the melody.
At one point I accidentally had two songs playing at once, but they blended so well that I didn't notice until I turned one off and noticed the other still playing lol.

ANYWAY...
I then felt what I am guessing would be a felling of being very slightly "stoned", though I wouldn't know, as I have zero exp with any other drugs. It was just like I was tired as hell and wanted to melt into my environment.

I never really tripped though. I felt like I was on the edge, but couldn't get over it. All the effects were really pretty subtle and uninteresting though.

My questions are...

1. Did I "trip" very mildly, because of my low dose (4 crushed seed body weight 150)?

2. Would a water extraction have made that dose more potent, and the trip more intense?

3. Because I did not experience any nausea, and thus did not "purge", was I holding my trip back?

>>>>>REAL QUESTION HERE<<<<<
BASICALLY, I'm wondering, do different ingestion/extraction methods lead to different quality of trips, or just reduced side effects?

I am planning on doing eight seeds this weekend, which I hear is a decent dose, so does teh Shroomery think I should ingest them differently to get a more pronounced trip?

Thanks for reading mah first rambling...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: Mr. Bubbles]
    #9436398 - 12/15/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You nearly puked on one seed? That's craziness.

I've only ever puked on HBWR one time(and I use LSA A LOT) and that's because I was just trying to get fucked up as quickly as possible and didn't scrape the seeds.

I have never noticed different effects from different ingestion methods, and I've tried all, I prefer to just scrape, chew, and swallow.

I think you should stick around the 5-6 seed range, all at once of course, then you can probably eat a couple more later on. I can't personally take more than 6 at a time without feeling like total shit, same for a lot of my friends.

If you can get weed, GET IT, it helps sooo much with the nausea, but if you can't use pot for whatever reason you can use ginger tea and eating a little bread helps for me at least. Stay away from carbonated drinks, alcohol, and drink plenty of water.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineMr. Bubbles
Stranger
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: Mr. Bubbles]
    #9436879 - 12/15/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks so much for the reply!
It took me totally by suprise. I didn't think one seed would do shit but it just hit me all at once in just a few mins lol. Yet, when I took 4, I had no nausea and only a slight headache. Might have been the ginger though.

I was confused as to why people went to such lengths to do long-ass water and even ether/petroleum extractions while others just straight up chew the little fuckers.

If there is no difference in trip effects wether you eat em or extarct em, only in the level of nausea, then I'll just eat a few more next time, cuz nausea isn't an issue for me. Maybe I have high tolerence for lsa, cuz 4 seeds had very subtle effects mentally.

Offlinemolimo140
Hilario

#9436950 - 12/15/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The great thing about extractions is that you can make the effect set on much much quicker.

If you do a water extraction, evaporate, then do multiple purifications with 190 proof alcohol or IPA, finally dissolving the result in 151, if you simply hold the liquid in your mouth you can feel the effects quite quickly.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9437045 - 12/15/08 02:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Bubbles said:
My questions are...

1. Did I "trip" very mildly, because of my low dose (4 crushed seed body weight 150)?

2. Would a water extraction have made that dose more potent, and the trip more intense?

3. Because I did not experience any nausea, and thus did not "purge", was I holding my trip back?

BASICALLY, I'm wondering, do different ingestion/extraction methods lead to different quality of trips, or just reduced side effects?

I am planning on doing eight seeds this weekend, which I hear is a decent dose, so does teh Shroomery think I should ingest them differently to get a more pronounced trip?

4 seeds is a mild trip.  Increase to 8 for a solid excursion to psychedelia.

Water extractions have the possibility of destroying LSA if you use tap water, and there's still a potential for significant nausea with it (only an acid/base extraction will remove all the cyanogenic glycosides).  My preferred method after many trips with the substance is to use a coffee grinder to grind the seeds into powder, and then encapsulate into gelatin pills.

Purge if you have to, but it's not necessary at all.  It can provide a good metaphor for getting rid of negative thoughts and anxiety, though.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinemadz
Dick Senormous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: deCypher]
    #9437846 - 12/15/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

MY experience with HBWR goes like this.

I got them and cleaned them really well and ate 4 to test the waters. I did not get sick, nor did i have any visuals or anything else like that and generally felt kind of good. But then it started to suck because I was all "twitchy", kind of like I did not want to stop moving and it took forever to fall asleep.

The second time I at them me and 3 other friends ate 8 of them each and went out to the pub. We all were relaxing at our table and started enjoying them as they started kicking in. One person was one of those dramatic types (pretended to be freaking out and having crazy hallucinations even though we all knew he was full of shit), the second guy was very pleased just sitting there minding his own business randomly laughing every now and then, the 3rd guy got very very sick and was puking, and my effects were mildly fun and then it just started to feel like i was drunk. So i went home and took forever to fall asleep. The next day i felt really really shitty.

The last and final time I tried them me and a friend split 14 seeds (7 each) and we took them at 2pm so that by midnight i was hoping i could fall asleep. He got sick and was puking by 3pm I felt nauseous but I got over it and for about 4 hours felt pretty good then It was just kind of one of those things that you wish would just end. It wasn't unpleasurable but it was not pleasurable either. I still did not fall asleep till about 4am. next day felt alright.

Conclusion I have eaten them without doing an extraction each time and from what I have experienced so far they are not worth experimenting with anymore extracted or not.

EDIT: The seeds I used were from Hawaii, they were not the cheap seeds from Ghana or anything like that.

OfflineMr. Bubbles
Stranger
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: madz]
    #9441892 - 12/16/08 03:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

madz said:
MY experience with HBWR goes like this.

I got them and cleaned them really well and ate 4 to test the waters. I did not get sick, nor did i have any visuals or anything else like that and generally felt kind of good. But then it started to suck because I was all "twitchy", kind of like I did not want to stop moving and it took forever to fall asleep.

That's exactly how I felt after the mild mood lift wore off. very twitchy, like I was being shocked or something. Took forever to fall asleep, then the next thing i knew it was morning. I do know that the ginger took away the nausea almost completely, or I have a stomach of lead.

This weekend for my bday I really want to actually trip with a notable change in consciousness and maybe some better cves. (I had very subtle cves last time)
So I'm going to grind up 10 seeds and put them in lime juice, then put all of that in in a tall glass O' cranberry juice and drink it.

I have just a few more questions for the vets out there if they'd be so kind...

1. Is 10 too much? I think I have a high tolerance or low potency seeds cuz 4 was really subtle mentally.

2. The physical effects weren't so subtle, the body load was there and there was a hazy headache/slight hangover the next day. Is there anything to take to reduce body load? I'm guessing it could be pretty severe with 10 seeds.

3. How much lime juice should I use, I only have a few ounces. I have no access to orange juice, only this shitty diet cranberry juice with artificial sweeteners like splenda and shit. Will this juice fuck the trip up?

Thanks.

OfflineAmpathy
Quiet.

Loc: New Jersey
    #9442056 - 12/16/08 05:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I ate 5 seeds unpreped a few weeks ago, I had the sudden onset of nausia pretty quick but then it subsided.  The entire time I felt like I was on the verge of a trip, but not tripping.  It was an annoying feeling of wanting to break through. Then, all the sudden, it stopped, nothing, felt fine.

Closed my eyes, and opened them an hour later having no idea what happened, asked my friends they said I just fell asleep in the car.

Any tips?

OfflineMichael O G
Independent Thinker
Male

Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: Ampathy]
    #9442120 - 12/16/08 05:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A few days ago I experimented with HBWS.  I was planning on drinking some extract, but it hadn't finished evaporating down yet.  I put 10 seeds into a coffee grinder and used a fine paint brush to collect all the dust into a coffee filter.  From the filter I dumped the dust into a shot glass and poured a shot of vodka in it.  (I imagine water would work just fine, I read the alcohol helps)  I made three of these shots for each of the three people planning to trip on this night.  I let the seeds soak for about 20 minutes.  After taking the shots, and filling the glasses with soda again to get the remaining seed residue..

One person got sick not even a half hour into it.  My girl and self felt a cottony head for the first hour and slowly became unable to move and had to lay in a horizontal position due to nausea/general inability to move.  A bowl was smoked early on to help with the initial nausea before we had lift off.  We laid next to each other and held hands (cute, I know) periodically squeezing to stop each other from falling asleep...

The result was a launch into hyperspace that is hands down the best existential experience I have ever had.  I was outside my body for a good 4 hours floating around through different memories and objects that seemed important in my life.  I could look at each of these memories through the left and right half of my brain depending on which side I was focusing with.  Without rambling too much, it was like nothing I've experienced.  It wasn't based on anything I was seeing, no wavy lines or distorted shapes like "traditional" hallucinogens.  I know I wasn't just dreaming because the girl and I were keeping each other awake and mumbling about our experiences the whole way through.

The extract I referenced earlier is ready.  It is 30 seeds strong and I plan on splitting it between two people as I hear there is some potency lost doing an extract.  I'll update in a week or so with the results.

Now I'm not recommending anyone just go off and eat 10 seeds.  I and my girl happen to be rather experienced psychonaut.  However this is my experience with HBWS.

--------------------
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence

OfflineAmpathy
Quiet.

Loc: New Jersey
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: Michael O G]
    #9442413 - 12/16/08 08:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a good experience, can't wait to report.

Offlinemadz
Dick Senormous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: Michael O G]
    #9443380 - 12/16/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have no idea how you could almost fall asleep. I could not force myself to sleep even if i wanted to.

OfflineMr. Bubbles
Stranger
Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: madz]
    #9444008 - 12/16/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Michael O G, might I ask where you bought your seeds? OBEs on 10 seeds must be some potent stuff...

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#9444102 - 12/16/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Never did HBWS, but I did do 50 Ololiuqui on an maoi. Besides sickness and tingling, nothing.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

OfflineMichael O G
Independent Thinker
Male

Re: HBWR, does ingestion method affect quality of trip?/first timer impressions [Re: doom876]
    #9444572 - 12/16/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered mine through iamshaman.com, specifically the Hawaiian strain.  They sell a few others, but everything I've read says they aren't the potent seeds that you want.  They are the most expensive ones on the site, and they sell them in batches of 50 by weight. I counted mine and had 63 plus some outer layers.  They shipment arrived less than 4 days after I placed the order, I have no complaints! 

I was pleasantly surprised as I read a few threads dated years ago saying they were bunk.  I didn't take of the fuzzy layer or any prep beyond what I stated in the post.  I certainly didn't expect an OBE.  I'm super stoked to try out the extract I made, but I have to work most of this week.  :tongue:

I just wish the HBW plant didn't seem so hard to cultivate.  Haven't read anything promising in that regard.

--------------------
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9444576 - 12/16/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

madz said:
I have no idea how you could almost fall asleep. I could not force myself to sleep even if i wanted to.

I almost always drift off to sleep on 'em.  Very psychedelic dream-state that melds emotions with past memories.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder