Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
My room of doom.
    #9434636 - 12/15/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So I had a few great runs at first but after the first ones, I keep catching green contams. I think its Trich.

It seems to be coming up all of the time now, so I am sure the spores are floating around the room, causing all sorts of doom and gloom on my grows.

My question is..whats the best method to clean a room and get those nasty fuckers OUT!?

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: My room of doom. [Re: slacker008]
    #9434651 - 12/15/08 02:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Edit: Make a glove box, not get one.

--------------------

Edited by MHbound (12/15/08 02:12 AM)

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
Re: My room of doom. [Re: MHbound]
    #9434655 - 12/15/08 02:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I use one, thanks.

All of my runs are good untill they get into the FC to fruit. They go through a flush and come down with trich after that usually. I cleaned the FC too.

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: My room of doom. [Re: slacker008]
    #9434681 - 12/15/08 02:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I really don't know how to help. I have seen several posts here where people have had this same problem, and have to quit using the room they cultivate in. What I mean is...Is to designate an area that only is to be entered to fan, or mist...Etc. Do not enter otherwise. Stirring up the air causes the spores to move around as you know, and that's my guess as far as where they are coming from.

If your FC is on the floor get it off of the floor. Put it up on a table somewhere...Especially if it's on carpet.

--------------------

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
Re: My room of doom. [Re: MHbound]
    #9435462 - 12/15/08 08:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

cultivation aside, contams scare me. maybe im one of "those" ppl :eek:

remove everything from the room and completly sterilze it with mold killin corrosives. if you have to keep stuff in it, sterilize it before and after you put it back in the room as best as possible.

my house is over 100 years old. some rooms have gotten mold, its icky.

--------------------

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My room of doom. [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #9437101 - 12/15/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I went through a bad patch of trichoderma and bacteria.  Similar problems, growth was fine until flush and then it would start coming up in patches. 

What made the difference for me was washing the walls, floor, furniture, everything except the ceiling with a 10% bleach solution.  I did that on Fridays for two successive weeks and my contam rates dropped to below 2% from a high of about 80%.  The room is fine and I use it as my main inoculation etc room.  Once a month or when I remember I wash the whole place out and that keeps me clear of nasty green spores.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

OfflineGojira45
Armchair Explorer

Loc: Travelling Without Moving
Re: My room of doom. [Re: solumvita]
    #9448910 - 12/17/08 08:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've always found 'getting lazy' with my techniques inevitably led to trich contamination. Pasteurization of subs was my weak point for a few batches... I'd get a good flush going & then the nasty green would start to show...

Whenever I get contams, I try to do a postmortem of the tray to see where the contam came from. My trays were usually much more green inside than what was showing on the surface... so I switched back to RR's pasteurization tek & have been fine.

--------------------
"The theft of the seals and the possibility of a Planet X really point to everything we are doing as humans.

It was all set up. Were doing the same thing Hitler did with artifacts and knowledge about hollow earth.

Everthing points to hollow earth and that ultimitaly points to planet X." 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds