Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesog1977
Stranger
Some questions abt cakes and fruiting chamber
    #9427962 - 12/14/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hi all,

It has been 6 weeks since I created my jars from tumbler glasses(slightly bigger than the 1/2 pint jars), They have been kept at optimal temperatures.. Currently all jars i created have got mycelium growing all on the glass, there are some jars with slightly some substrate which is not yet filled with mycelium, down the bottom of the jars. When I look at the undernealth the jar I can see that it hasnt really taken over the bottom/middle as substrate can still be seen from benealth the jar. My question is how do I know it is time to birth? Everything seems to be healthy but im eager to get the next part moving. Do you think i can birth now even though there are some parts (about 8%) not yet colonised. Ive attached pictures. The first one is a jar which is mostly colonised undernealth the other photos is of one that is not yet colonised undernealth. The other picture faceon is all jars appearance, Can you tell me if im ready to birth by looking at the pics ?

I also have a question about fanning airing the cakes in my terranium.

1. Once I put my cakes on Perlite, ? how often must i fan and for how long ? do I let make airholes on the lid or just leave the lid with no airhole and airtight?

2. When and how often do i mist ? how many sprays ? also do i spray it directly on the cakes ?

thanks

thanks

Edited by sog1977 (12/14/08 01:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJellyhashman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Some questions abt cakes and fruiting chamber [Re: sog1977]
    #9428409 - 12/14/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Dont birth them yet wait till they are an 100% colonised otherwise your cakes may get contaminated. And you'd be better of birthing them a week after they are an 100% colonised.

And how often you fan and mist is gonna depend on what flowering chamber you use i would have thought

Offlineholycow
Stranger

Re: Some questions abt cakes and fruiting chamber [Re: Jellyhashman]
    #9428791 - 12/14/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

hi there, i just started a growth about 3 weeks ago and now have some cakes in my FC. they are already pinning well.

i fan about 4-5 times a day, usually about 1min or less per fanning. i don't see why it should need more.

i mist before and after i fan. first i mist till the cakes glisten a little, then i fan, then i mist again. this seems to work well for me.

i always mist around the FC, but the mist would obviously fall on the cakes. i don't see anything wrong with this.

bear in mind that my FC has no holes, i.e, it's not a 'shotgun' FC.

hope this helps!

cheers

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Some questions abt cakes and fruiting chamber [Re: holycow]
    #9428846 - 12/14/08 07:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Wait till they are 100% colonized if it seems that the bottom of the cake won't finish colonizing turn the jar up side down and they should finish colonizing in a couple days..  The reason this tends to happen is because of the build up of CO2 so turning the jar upside down helps get growth going again..

Depending on what type of Fruiting Chamber you have. You need to make sure the humidity lvl is above 95%.. Get yourself a analog Hygrometer..  You should always lightly mist your cakes then give them a good 30-60 second fanning..  The reason you mist then fan is because you don't want pooling water on your cakes or fruit bodies.. So fanning after you mist helps push or disperses the pooling/standing water..  You should mist hen fan 4-6 times a day..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix