Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineairborne robot
Stranger

what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work}
    #9390958 - 12/08/08 09:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok, so I have a crap load of 18 gallon mono tubs going right now. Each one is a week behind the last one so there is a constant flow of nice mushies. I completely underestimated the yield that these things would put out!
So far I have harvested 3 of the tubs on their first flushes. First two were straight coir/verm/coffee and was planted with a quart of wbs to about 5 quarts of sub. Strain was Orisa India and all were uncased. these two produced just over 4 oz dry, Biggest one I pulled off was 150 grams wet. Stalk was twice the size of a Ms. Dash shaker with a cap that dried to 4.02 grams.
My last one was hpoo/coir and coffee uncased and spawned with 3 quarts of wbs and about 6lbs of unshredded hpoo and 2 bricks of coir. The poo was broke up by hand but not ran over my screen. This bad boy was freaking amazing. I have a digi camera, and once I get home I will snap some pics of the harvest. I filled up 5 trays in the nesco, two drying racks ( 24 by 18 inches) and I made a drying rack from a cardboard box with door screen taped over the top with holes cut in the side for airflow. I will have to post the dry weight, because I stopped adding with wet weight. My scales only go to 600 grams and after the 5th overload weigh-in and was only 20% done with the weigh-in I decided to wait.
I didnt know if anyone else had a monster grow from a 18 gallon tub? if this is normal I might as well fill my freezer and have extra :smile:

And as far as strength goes, I had three buddies who have tripped acid and ate boomers a bunch, they have stated these are by far the most powerful mushies they have ever taken. We tried eating them fresh off the patch and i wont be making that mistake ever again! I will post that little story in the trip report section.

Thanks noobie, RR, hell everyone that helped and everyone that posted anything!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work} [Re: airborne robot]
    #9390967 - 12/08/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I use much less sub in mine. I do 2 qts WBS spawned to .5 brick coir with a lil h/poo mixed in. Mine end up being about 1-2 inches thick and I get 3-4 oz. dry per tub.

--------------------

Offlineairborne robot
Stranger

Re: what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work} [Re: LightShedder]
    #9391544 - 12/08/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

very nice. Think the sub ended up being right about 3.5-4 inches thick for me. The cool thing was the sub pulled away from the sides almost 2 inches. The mushies pulled a crapton of water into them, and even when dried out they are very thick and hearty. A lot of the pairs are drying into 5-6 gram monsters. Feels funny to give someone a 1/8 of dried shrooms and it is just one or a pair :smile:
This was by far the best pinset and yield I have EVER gotten form a MS innoc. My next tub that will be ready was the exact same as my other hpoo one but I cased it with peat, sorghum (SP) moss and a dash of coffee and CC. Ended up being 7.1 Ph, and i can live with that. This bad boy threw up a completely even pinset and it looks like tonight when picking time happens that there will be only 10-20% of the tub not picked at once. Thats really good for a MS. The casing made all the difference in the world.

I do have a 18 gallon mono that I am hoping will be my master tub. This one had some SA strain that was spawned to a brick of coir, 8lbs of steer poo ( ran over a mesh screen) 2 lbs of really dry hpoo ( shredded) 3 cups of verm and some coffee. This tub looked a bit wet right after I made it, but judging how much water the other poo tubs soaked up that might be a good thing. After seeing what a change a casing layer makes, I will be casing all my tubs for sure now. Only problem will be dunking a cased tub, not quite sure how I will knock that one out, but using the search function has not failed me yet!!

Offlineaerofanbig
Stranger

Re: what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work} [Re: airborne robot]
    #9396482 - 12/08/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

lookin forward to pics! But whats funny, is not handing someone a 1 mushy 1/8th...its handing them a 1 mushy half oz lmao

just wait, they should get larger in later flushes...and OI's are known for REAL monsters

Offlineairborne robot
Stranger

Re: what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work} [Re: aerofanbig]
    #9397921 - 12/09/08 07:57 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

just pulled my 2nd flush off the coir tubs last night. Nothing special though just about 10 mushies but each one looked pretty. The coir tubs im not hoping for much. They gave me a good 1st and even after a dunk between flushes they do not look so well. The poo tub got its 18 hour dunk and is back in fruiting conditions now, that one should put off some nice monsters for later flushes. Ill get these pics uploaded and hopefully can make some jaws drop :smile: I didnt do to bad for a noobie :smile:

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9398096 - 12/09/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

not bad at all keep it up
try to clone one of the bigger fruits
and see what happens you might be surprised
keep up the good work and let us know
how the 2nd flush goes

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlineairborne robot
Stranger

Re: what was your 18 gallon mono tub yield :) {pics inc after work} [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9398234 - 12/09/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Already took the 150 gram monster that the 1st flush of poo gave me and cloned it in four LC's. Once I get the hang of everything down and find the perfect mushie I will try my hand at agar. And noobie, I have not forgotton about you. Your SA is in the fruiting chamber as of today, once they pop up your print will be on its way!!

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9398244 - 12/09/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:bow2:

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix