Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Bush saved the planet
    #9379439 - 12/06/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The earth cooled since Bush took office thus avoiding the devastating effects of global warming.  Hail Bush! I knew he was holy!

Kyoto Cooling
Chris Horner
November 13, 2008
On this symbolic date, it seems worthwhile to reflect that the planet has not only cooled since George W. Bush took office – pause and let the significance of that one sink in – but began to chill significantly at almost precisely the moment that we signed the Kyoto Protocol, exactly ten years ago today.

http://www.globalwarming.org/node/2756

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: Luddite]
    #9379593 - 12/06/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

BOOKS: Money being made from warming scare
Larry Thornberry
Tuesday, December 2, 2008

RED HOT LIES: HOW GLOBAL WARMING ALARMISTS USE THREATS, FRAUD AND DECEPTION TO KEEP YOU MISINFORMED
By Christopher C. Horner
Regnery, $27.95, 407 pages
REVIEWED BY LARRY THORNBERRY

Christopher C. Horner has deconstructed global-warming alarmism before, but in "Red Hot Lies," he focuses on how the global-warming industry, with huge money and power on the line, defends itself and perpetuates its beliefs.

The senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute shows readers scientists, bureaucrats, journal editors and government agency administrators acting more like con men and mob enforcers than objective seekers of truth.

In the current global-warming lobby, Mr. Horner points out that leftists who want ever bigger government with hypertaxation and microregulation of every aspect of our lives find common cause with large companies that stand to make a bundle if alternative energy forms are mandated and/or one of the carbon-fuel-rationing schemes is adopted.

(With billions in government research grants, there's more money in alarmism than on the skeptical side, worth remembering when a skeptic is accused of being in the pocket of "Big Oil" - no alarmist is ever accused of being in the pocket of Big Research Grants.) These two groups are enabled by a compliant press that relishes sensational scare stories and by politicians ever eager for ways to show their virtue and ways to appear to be saving their constituents.

In his first book, "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming (and Environmentalism)" (Regnery, 2007) Mr. Horner parsed the fanciful claims of the global warmers. He built the case, infrequently encountered by the public, that the warming our planet has undergone over the past century is almost certainly nothing outside of the normal temperature variations the Earth has been undergoing since there's been an Earth. Man's activities may have played a part in this small temperature increase, but almost certainly a trifling part compared to variations in solar activity.

There remain plenty of honest scientists who go to work every day with no other objective than to look for the truth, wherever it leads. But the saddest casualties of the sorry global-warming story are the many scientists who have been corrupted by the oceans of grant money they and their universities are awash in and that will remain available only if the heat is kept up (so to speak) on the global-warming threat to mankind.

Mr. Horner shows how these folks will do just about anything to keep this gravy train going. This includes playing with the data to keep the horrendous story of global catastrophe before the public. It also includes denying jobs, publications and promotions as well as sullying the reputations of "heretics" who dare to question the warming-catastrophe orthodoxy. Alarmists have succeeded in characterizing disagreement with them as either, in Mr. Horner's words, "daft or venal."

Readers will see how ruthlessly Big Environment plays the political game in Washington. Mr. Horner shows these folks are not the philanthropic, self-sacrificing lovers of trees and birds they paint themselves to be, a picture the media allows them to perpetuate.

Mr. Horner tells this ugly story in detail and with wit and verve. How Americans deal with the global-warming hustle and with the industry that has built up to promote and defend it may determine the future of self-government. No free society would ever agree to the restrictions the alarmists are whooping up as a cure for global warming. "Red Hot Lies" is ammunition for the fight that's sure to come.

• Larry Thornberry is a writer living in Tampa.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/02/money-being-made-from-warming-scare/

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9380603 - 12/06/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Bush shaved the planet?

Yes, we know.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: Icelander]
    #9380842 - 12/06/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

lol....that had nothing to do with bush.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: eatyualive]
    #9381367 - 12/06/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The event that tips the climate downward occurs in 2006. From what I've come to understand this is possibly caused by excessive worldwide soil erosion, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I would however bet the farm that it wasn't bush that had anything to do with these changes.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9381422 - 12/06/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Wait 2006 that's the time when the republican's jumped ship on Bush. Maybe they are causing the release of all the hot air that is causing global warming. Clearly Obama will reduce this world to an ice age.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #9381432 - 12/06/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So human-affected global warming is a lie except when conservatives are in office when it gets better.

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #9382027 - 12/06/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to post in a thread without bumping it?  You know, as in SAGE THIS SHIT.

I don't want to feed the troll.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #9382607 - 12/06/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
From what I've come to understand this is possibly caused by excessive worldwide soil erosion

Have you seen this explanation?

Global temperatures 'to decrease'

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlineatalkingdog
Stranger
Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #9383803 - 12/07/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

it is precisely because of our knowledge of climate change in the past that scientists can determine a range of significance of the amount of carbon dioxide we release today.

We know nearly exactly how much C02 we humans release because of basic chemistry.  Does anyone remember high school chemistry?  Stoichiometry? It is a basic function of how much fossil fuels we burn.  We know how much fossil fuels we burn because the sales of fossil fuels are closely accounted for by people who extract and sell fossil fuels for a living, and many of the investors in their corporations.

Average temperatures are not a very good way of understanding the weather.  if it is 50 degrees today and 70 degrees tomorrow the average is 60 degrees.  If it is 20 degrees today and 100 degrees tomorrow the average is 60 degrees.

Global Climate change is more about sloshing up prevailing winds and currents just a little bit.  the usual patterns at which different prevailing winds and ocean currents hit each other change a bit here and there.  you end up with more frequent droughts and more frequent floods.  It doesn't make sense to have 2 100 year floods in 20 years.  so we call the second one a 1 in 500 year flood.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: atalkingdog]
    #9386953 - 12/07/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said possibly. I hadn't read that yet but el ninio cycles are a easy one to forget about because their timeline is so long. I was just a youngin when the last "warm" cycle struck.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #9388972 - 12/07/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Actually, this article is about "La Nina", which is temporarily cooling the planet.  "El Nino" warms the planet, as you've pointed out.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#9389051 - 12/07/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You might want to consider that the Northern passage is open in the summer. You might want to consider how much heat water stores as opposed to ice. You might consider that the total heat of a system is different than average tempature. Temperature is a linear measure, heat is a measure of energy and is not linear.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush saved the planet [Re: falcon]
    #9389321 - 12/07/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

yea i meant cold period el nino in 1998 I dono why I said warm.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates