Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWildarms
Curious George
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
New to Shroomery
    #9373667 - 12/05/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:grin: Hi everyone, I've come to join these forums because of my new fascination for mushrooms.

Until recently I wasn't aware of the vast colors and unique shapes of mushrooms. I bought a book on mushrooms that was somewhat helpful but the main point it got across was that there are many out there and telling the difference between one or another can take some experience.

Today I've found a purple mushroom growing out in the back behind where I live. the entire thing is a beautiful purple with little yellowish spines almost like needles coming from it. the base is a concentrated amount of these hairs &or needles that seems white with a very slight purple tint. I'll go take a picture after I'm done writing this and post it in a few.

P.S. Does anyone know any websites where I might find information on the mushrooms of Washington and about them? a quick google search turned up not much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: New to Shroomery [Re: Wildarms]
    #9373686 - 12/05/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hello there!
Chrono Trigger rocks. I'm actually playing through it right now.

I'm pretty sure washington is well known for it's amanitas, no? don't know where to point you for information though, other than, well, here.

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Astral Realm
    #9373695 - 12/05/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This sit is devoted mainly to psilocybin containing mushrooms. Lucky for you, Washington is one of the few places in the continental United States where these grow in the wild.

Welcome to Shroomery!

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: New to Shroomery [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9373785 - 12/05/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Lucky for you, Washington is one of the few places in the continental United States where these grow in the wild.

Says who?

Welcome to the OP!

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#9373803 - 12/05/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome,  you will enjoy it here I am sure.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

OfflineWildarms
Curious George
Male User Gallery

Re: New to Shroomery [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9373819 - 12/05/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well my camera is somewhat outdated and has a bad habit of taking focus to the background so I couldn't get the little one in focus, but here is the bigger ones near it.

I broke it open so you could see the inside. these things are everywhere all of the sudden.

Oh ya, are the little purple ones babies of the big one i took a picture of do you know?

More info on myself: Although i'm kind of a goody goody and used to and sometimes still have bad germaphobe cases, ex:(touch doornobs with tissues i carry around and hold breath when i hear cough or sneeze, wash hands until they were raw) I've never tried any drugs or alcohol but I've seen my brother while hes gone through everything. Since i'm not into psychedelic shrooms and stuff this might not be the place for me, but the stories i've read seem very interesting from other peoples Trips.

--------------------
I found a mushroom, and another, 1 was interestingly ugly, while the other was pretty. now I'm on this site cause I think they are interesting.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9373839 - 12/05/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery man :beer:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineyeahthatguy
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Dirty
Re: New to Shroomery [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #9373905 - 12/05/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome. Make sure you take vacations from here from time to time. It's horribly addicting, I'm not kidding, I had to take a break.

On a happy note, you'll enjoy it man, get to know some people and learn your way around and how things work, follow the rules and youll be fine.

--------------------
The universe is a strange and wondrous place. The truth is quite odd enough to need no help from pseudoscientific charlatans. -Richard Dawkins

yeahthatguy@mac.hush.com

OfflineWildarms
Curious George
Male User Gallery

Re: New to Shroomery [Re: yeahthatguy]
    #9373926 - 12/05/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:laugh: Hey thanks, I'm lookin around right now made this post while reading through the rules. thought i would introduce myself instead of lurking around for a bit like i would normally on a new site. This a great community btw.

--------------------
I found a mushroom, and another, 1 was interestingly ugly, while the other was pretty. now I'm on this site cause I think they are interesting.

Invisibleomfgcmack
Stranger
Male

#9374014 - 12/05/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey i'm new to shroomery also. I've been lurking for about a year and finally decided to join. haha

hello fellow shroomers! :smile:

--------------------
"My words'll expose George Bush and Bin Laden
As two separate parts of the same seven headed dragon
And you can't fathom the truth, so you don't hear me
You think illuminati's just a fuckin conspiracy theory?
That's why Conservative racists are all runnin' shit
And your phone is tapped by the Federal Government"
- Immortal Technique

OfflineWildarms
Curious George
Male User Gallery

Re: New to Shroomery [Re: omfgcmack]
    #9374041 - 12/05/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:grin: Hehe nice. If i did i'm glad i called u out of the lurkers den lol. Yup headin out to get ma check it's FRIDAY!!!!! peace everyone.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder