Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
lack of creativity
    #9370164 - 12/05/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone experience a lack of creativity without the help of psychedelic drugs? Specifically pot; when Im high I can play guitar, draw, take pictures, write poetry. On LSD drawing/painting is like water, I can do it for hours upon hours without breaks. Mushrooms boost creativity for me also, but in a different, not so concentrated form. Ecstasy enables flow of water from mouth.

I usually smoke pot everyday, Im trying to cut back a little bit, but trying to do all these things and come up with new ideas is really hard when sober. I guess I will save these experiences for when I feel a creative splurge coming on or something.

I feel like I cant do anything creative when Im not high; even thinking is harder. Like yesterday I rolled a nice joint from a bunch of roaches and smoked a little bowl and I wrote a song and lyrics and it was fucking beautiful. I even wrote another electronic song on the computer with Reason. I have no more bud and today I don't even really feel like doing anything with the song. Ive played it over and over but I cant think of anything to add-on. Its fucking frustrating.
My brain might work differently than most people, so this could account for the unstimulated brain not working as well...I have a solid footing that this is true, thinking effectively turns off my thought power. But seriously, being sober just puts me in a sociable state, and that is not what I'm here for. I'm all for the creating

I'm gonna give myself a while of no drugs, I probably have a piss test coming soon and I might as well pass this one on my own. :tongue:
Well see how it goes, its only day one :smirk:

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrummerdude49
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: stockton, CA
Re: lack of creativity [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9370243 - 12/05/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I feel you. I am still creative when making music sober, but being high does seem to give my creativity somewhat of a boost.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: lack of creativity [Re: drummerdude49]
    #9370496 - 12/05/08 03:37 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i found this happened to me after smoking all the time for a while. its as if you become chemically dependant on the cannabinoids in order to flow with creativity. stop smokin as much, n start diong things sober, and creative ability should come back.. its sort of like, when being high all the time you can be lazy about creative processes because ideas are just spurting up everywhere, and sort of forget/get lax at the processes you normally go through to come up with creative ideas while sober

--------------------

Invisibleoblio
Stranger
Re: lack of creativity [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9370506 - 12/05/08 03:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
i found this happened to me after smoking all the time for a while. its as if you become chemically dependant on the cannabinoids in order to flow with creativity. stop smokin as much, n start diong things sober, and creative ability should come back.. its sort of like, when being high all the time you can be lazy about creative processes because ideas are just spurting up everywhere, and sort of forget/get lax at the processes you normally go through to come up with creative ideas while sober

+1

All about trying to find a balance I think. Sober exploration of music/words/(whatever stuff you like) can be fun (and certainly useful), but it's easy for the enjoyableness from being high to get entangled with it, and so when you're sober you just feel 'meh'.

try stopping/cutting down on smoking and trying to find that spark when you're sober. You probably won't get anything creative done for a while, but soon enough when you're sober you'll be like... 'oooh'.

hmnnhh. I guess it's different for everyone, but this is where I've been.

good luck!

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: lack of creativity [Re: oblio]
    #9370638 - 12/05/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I feel you too. It troubles me 'cause I love to smoke and boost my creativity, but on the other hand I don't want to lose my normal sober flow. I'm actually so afraid of losing it. :kickflip:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals