Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

question about how long on incubating casing trays before fruiting
    #9364123 - 12/04/08 07:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys, i have a question about tray casings... last week i wanna say either monday or tuesday or wednesday i went ahead and made 6 casing trays. after i made them i covered them with aluminum foil and put them in a room with temps between 75-80 degrees. they have been sitting there since and i checked them last night and some mycelium has began to poke through.

the reason i have waited so long is i have not finished remaking my new 60" martha, since i cannot find the martha's with the complete plastic cover i had to improvise with buying some thick plastic and making my own cover, since all i can find is the fabric covering ones.

so last night i was gonna go ahead and finish but got lazy but i did buy the ultra sonic humidifier finally so i am all set to go now but did i mess things up waiting so long in the incubating stage that may mess the grow up?????

also, since i will be completeing my martha tonight do you guys recommend placing the ultra sonic or the cool mist inside the martha or outside of it and just run the hoses???

i read hippie chick actually takes her ultra sonic and connects that directly into the cool mist and just runs the hose from the cool mist to the fruiting chamber any thoughts? i just wanna do this right last time i had troubles with humidity and temps and fae.. thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrjugglz
Evil ScientistExtraordanaire!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: question about how long on incubating casing trays before fruiting [Re: tony8404]
    #9364143 - 12/04/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i sat my rigged-up cool-mist inside of the fruiting chamber/greenhouse. of course its 4x4x6. its pretty large.

i would wait until you get your martha completed. a little mycelium poking through is ok.

next time dont even bother incubating after you put the casing layer on. id put it right in the fruiting chamber.

--------------------
“To use your head you have to go out of your mind.”
~ Timothy Leary

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: question about how long on incubating casing trays before fruiting [Re: drjugglz]
    #9364176 - 12/04/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

great i thought incubating for so long would be a bad thing woo hoo. about the cool mist and ultra sonic though, if i place the cool mist inside on the bottom shelf would i then run the ultra sonic with a hose to the martha from the outside and run that on a timer 5 minutes every hour?  or does hippie chicks way sound better, with connecting the ultra sonic into the cool mist and then the cool mist into the martha?

OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

Re: question about how long on incubating casing trays before fruiting [Re: tony8404]
    #9364186 - 12/04/08 08:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I am still quite new at bulk growing, but I believe that the longer you wait the more you increase the likliehood that the mycellium will overtake the casing and you might develop overlay.  Also, allowing the mycellium to colonize the casing layer basically defeats the purpose of the casing layer, which is to provide a microclimate for pinning.

--------------------

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: question about how long on incubating casing trays before fruiting [Re: iMtRiPpIn]
    #9364233 - 12/04/08 08:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

about the cool mist and ultra sonic though, if i place the cool mist inside on the bottom shelf would i then run the ultra sonic with a hose to the martha from the outside and run that on a timer 5 minutes every hour?  or does hippie chicks way sound better, with connecting the ultra sonic into the cool mist and then the cool mist into the martha?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix