Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico
    #9355980 - 12/03/08 02:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The USA is going broke, but the DEA has $16.4 million to piss away ...

DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico
December 2, 2008 - usdoj.gov

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will unveil its latest resource in combating the harmful and sometimes fatal effects of methamphetamine when it formally dedicates its new clandestine laboratory training and research center in a ceremony Friday, Dec. 5, in Quantico, Va.

The two-year construction project of the 31,600-square foot, $16.4 million building was overseen by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command in Washington.

“The opening of this new training facility demonstrates DEA’s strong commitment to help our law enforcement partners by providing them training, expertise, and the necessary tools to safely identify and dismantle meth labs in their communities,” said DEA Acting Administrator Michele M. Leonhart. “Officers and agents will learn the latest safety and tactical techniques to ensure not only their own safety but the protection of innocent citizens from this dangerous drug and its toxic effects.”

"Methamphetamine wreaks havoc on its users and their families, and clandestine labs can devastate neighborhoods," said Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey. "We have had great success in reducing the number of small domestic meth labs over the past few years. This new facility will allow us to train more of our partners in law enforcement, so they can continue that success while protecting themselves from becoming victims of the toxic environment the labs create."

The purpose of the complex is to provide a state-of-the-art facility for the safe and effective training of international, federal, state, and local government officials who are responsible for working in a contaminated environment caused by clandestine laboratories.

Since 1987, DEA has trained over 19,000 officials to operate safely in clandestine laboratories which are commonly referred to as meth labs. According to the National Clandestine Laboratory Database, since 1999 there have been 106,681 reported incidents in the United States involving contaminated meth laboratory sites.

In addition to providing training, DEA agents will also be offering classes so law enforcement officials can receive the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) certifications required prior to working in a contaminated environment such as a meth lab.

The new building includes a 2,200-square foot laboratory that will enable DEA chemists to teach students how to synthesize controlled substances, and to conduct research into the illicit manufacturing methods and techniques employed by clan lab operators. The facility also contains a two-story, 2,000 square foot structure where DEA instructors will be able to conduct raid training in a simulated clandestine laboratory.

Following the ceremony, tours and hands-on demonstrations throughout the complex will be available for invited guests and members of the media.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: veggie]
    #9355998 - 12/03/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

$16.4 million building

did they really need that 2 train them to dismantle a metheads lab lawl

--------------------

InvisibleveggieM

Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: Coaster] * 1
    #9356020 - 12/03/08 02:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

While they are training people to figure out what this is, tractor-trailers are zipping by them loaded with 'ice' from superlabs in Mexico making their daily deliveries.

Quote:

The new building includes a 2,200-square foot laboratory that will enable DEA chemists to teach students how to synthesize controlled substances

Where do I sign up for that?

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #9356036 - 12/03/08 02:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i dont c any reason they need to know how to synth it
thats ludicrous

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: Coaster]
    #9356145 - 12/03/08 04:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"Methamphetamine wreaks havoc on its users and their families, and clandestine labs can devastate neighborhoods," said Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey. "We have had great success in reducing the number of small domestic meth labs over the past few years. This new facility will allow us to train more of our partners in law enforcement, so they can continue that success while protecting themselves from becoming victims of the toxic environment the labs create."

Ohkey...

Meth hurts its users and their families.... So we're going to throw the users, sellers, manufacturer's, distributers, hell- everyone, in jail?

This compasionate bullshit doesn't make sense coming from the dea.  I'm sure these users and their families that are so hurt would rather not be in jail.  Why are the family members hurt anyways?  They miss out w/ family things w/ the meth user?  They prefer he be in jail?

This whole section is idiotic.  DEA puts people in jail, it doesn't help them or their families.  Anytime the DEA talks about people, remember, their only solution is long senences.

Offlinehunter4321
Cultivator (Training)
 User Gallery

Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: johnm214]
    #9356216 - 12/03/08 05:57 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

they should have used that money to train their officers to understand that just because someone injests or cultivates marijuana they are not a criminal!!

--------------------

I have Golden Teacher prints for trade, 2nd generation of a very fast and dense strain,and PES Amazon prints, PM me if you are interested.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: hunter4321]
    #9356225 - 12/03/08 06:05 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Are you saying marijuana is special or something?  Meth has medically accepted benifits in this country and is surely more deserving of the leeway you preach per the rationale behind existing law.

If we're to prohibit drugs, which you don't seem to be arguing against, there is no reason to single out marijuana for tolerance and let people using illicit methamphetamine go to jail for something that may well be a medical neccesity or legitimate medical use sans prescription.

There seems to be no legitimate reason other than legal and societal convieniance to legalize marijuana alone versus all commonly used drugs- I hope your not on some pro pot trip and thinking marijuana users deserve to be able to ignore the law while a methamphetamine user is jailed for the same law.

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9356347 - 12/03/08 06:59 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Any drug where you claw away your face.... I've done meth, seen meth damage, and have family in jail... I would never touch that shit again with a 20 foot pole... Marijuana on the other hand is by far the safest choice of any mind altering substance out there.... Legalize pot and take the fucking violators of this fuck-tarded law out of jail.

--------------------
:mushroom2:

:mushroom2:

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: xbrutalx233]
    #9356678 - 12/03/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So you don't think its absolutely disgusting that other people can tell us what we can and cannot put in our own bodies?

This whole situation is perverse.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineMr. Happy
Stranger
    #9356699 - 12/03/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm in a huge huge huge huge huge meth area, one of if not the biggest in the country.

Idealistically, I'm for legalizing all drugs.  Then I think of meth, and I cry because my ideal is ruined.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: Mr. Happy]
    #9356707 - 12/03/08 09:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Why all the time and money, the synth is not hard.  If they are chemists they can do it.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
    #9357502 - 12/03/08 12:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The new building includes a 2,200-square foot laboratory that will enable DEA chemists to teach students how to synthesize controlled substances

for some reason that doesn't sound proper to me--  I don't know, maybe I'm a little thick but if they want to stop illicit drug use then why teach a bunch of people how to do it?  Maybe the DEA is running out of people to bust and so this is the next step in ensuring longevity of the agency--

Quote:

Are you saying marijuana is special or something?  Meth has medically accepted benifits in this country and is surely more deserving of the leeway you preach per the rationale behind existing law.

Are you saying you want meth legalized or just making noise?  More deserving than what?  Pot?  Get real.  Get roundtable.

Methamphetamine has medical benefits for an extremely small percentage of patients who suffer rare but debilitating medical conditions such a acute catatonia and/or narcolepsy.  Abbott Pharmaceutical company is licensed to produce Desoxyn (a Methamphetamine product) legally in accordance with the law. 

Ice isn't really medicine the way people use it--    :meff: = :braindamage:

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #9357511 - 12/03/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xbrutalx233 said:
Any drug where you claw away your face.... I've done meth, seen meth damage, and have family in jail... I would never touch that shit again with a 20 foot pole... Marijuana on the other hand is by far the safest choice of any mind altering substance out there.... Legalize pot and take the fucking violators of this fuck-tarded law out of jail.

:mydrugisbetterthanyourdrug: :rolleyes: I'm sorry you had a bad experience that involved this particular substance.  Your experience doesn't account for everyone else's experience with said drug.  I myself used off and on for years without any hindrance in my job performance, family life, or any other aspect of my daily activities.  Don't demonize a substance just because YOU or someone YOU might know can't handle their drugs properly.  I would also highly advise you to look up the brand name Desoxyn and do some reading either through wiki or Google.  Be well.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: SuperD]
    #9357571 - 12/03/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

legalize meth <-- 'nuff said.

i heard those anti meth ads run by the montana meth project actually significantly lower meth rates. Thats much more effective than trying to disrupt supply.

This million dollar museum of trailer labs will be a joke one day.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: Green_T]
    #9357913 - 12/03/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

legalize meth <-- 'nuff said.

Wow that is a great article.  Its a neat jujitsu move the way he uses the inherant evilness of methamphetamine to argue that all drugs should be legal. 

The set up:

Quote:

The relevant question is whether our society would be better served if meth was manufactured, distributed, bought and sold legally.  The answer is yes.  There are two related but separate reasons why ending the drug war is critical.  First, a free society requires that the drug war end.  I refer to this argument as the freedom argument.  Second, the consequences of ending the drug war would yield economic and other benefits which would greatly benefit our society.  I refer to this argument as the consequentialist argument.   

Most readers will not be persuaded by the freedom argument.  This fact is disturbing to me.  In fact, many of the issues which plague our world will persist unless and until people come to respect the principles embodied in terms such as individual responsibility, self ownership and freedom.  These concepts are what our country was founded upon and the very reason why America prospered.  Now, they are given mere lip service if they are considered at all.  If you shrug your shoulders and brush off the freedom argument, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Whether you realize it or not, you are the problem.   

I like this part:

Quote:

In the mid-1960s, just before the government declared war on amphetamines, the average user swallowed his pills, which were of medicinal purity and potency. Snorting and smoking stimulants was almost unheard of, and very few users injected intravenously. Today, 40 years later, snorting, smoking, and injecting methamphetamines of unpredictable potency and dubious purity has become the norm—with all the dreadful health consequences. If the current scene illustrates how the government is winning the war on drugs, I'd hate to see what losing looks like.  See www.slate.com/id/2123838 ; August 3, 2005.

And this:

Quote:

We know certain things for sure.  If meth was no longer illegal:

1. All dangerous clandestine meth labs in residential neighborhoods would close;

2. All dangerous street gangs would be out of the meth business;

3. Every dime currently spent on meth prohibition could be spent on real crime;

4. Meth addicts would have no legal disincentive to seek help;

5. The manufacture of meth would be safe and produce a consistent product; and

6. Toxic waste from meth production would be safely disposed. 

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9357952 - 12/03/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Why all the time and money, the synth is not hard.  If they are chemists they can do it.

You gotta remember they are stupid cops, not chemists. I assume their logic is that if the cops are intimately familiar with the process they would be able to better understand how to stay safe, but by that logic they should make all cops do all drugs so when they come across somebody intoxicated by a drug they will know what its like and act accordingly :biggrin:

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: bloodsheen]
    #9357986 - 12/03/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bloodsheen said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

You gotta remember they are stupid cops, not chemists. I assume their logic is that if the cops are intimately familiar with the process they would be able to better understand how to stay safe, but by that logic they should make all cops do all drugs so when they come across somebody intoxicated by a drug they will know what its like and act accordingly :biggrin:

qf fucking t

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DEA to Dedicate Clan Lab Training Facility in Quantico [Re: travelleler]
    #9366317 - 12/04/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:

Are you saying you want meth legalized or just making noise?  More deserving than what?  Pot?  Get real.  Get roundtable.

Methamphetamine has medical benefits for an extremely small percentage of patients who suffer rare but debilitating medical conditions such a acute catatonia and/or narcolepsy.  Abbott Pharmaceutical company is licensed to produce Desoxyn (a Methamphetamine product) legally in accordance with the law. 

Ice isn't really medicine the way people use it--    :meff: = :braindamage:

I do want meth legalized but I don't think I was saying that.  i was saying that claiming marijuana is better than meth and should be tolerated specially is bullshit.

Who the fuck are you to say people don't use meth as medicine?  There is no medical neccesity defense to the CSA so its irrelevant anyways under present law.

Meth is the new moral panick, with a great number of its effects caused by prohibition itself.  I've used it a few times one summer ago and was fine.  Someone who does a lot might suffer brain damage- kinda like MDMA.

The whole thing boils down to whether my opinion of the merits of the use of a drug is enough to put people in jail.

We are not talking about "removing meth" we are talking about taking the people that will and do use or sell meth and putting them in jail, and that's bullshit.  WTF does this accomplish?  A methhead without a felony possesion charge is way more employable than one with.

All you accomplish is injustice and further isolate these members of society and drive them to an unfair caste system where they are practically unemployable and thus have little need nor desire to reform.  And this is only the "methheads" which I would presume are a great minority of users.  Should I be in jail and have a felony ya think?  Cuz I used it?  Should I be in jail as a traficker cuz I let my friend try it?  This nanny state stuff has no end and marijuana is no different than meth when you come to any prohibition merit.

We are not talking about what should be people's behaviors, we are talking about putting people in jail- remember that, cuz that's all the law does/

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

#9367834 - 12/04/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

fact: our last 3 presidents have admitted to using cocaine, and some pot. CRIMINALS!!!

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder