Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush?
    #9316335 - 11/26/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

These are my own observations:

Recently, there was a raid on a town, they arrested 80 people for drug dealing.  A few people I know have gotten threatening phone calls from people saying roughly "we know you sell, stop it, last warning"  Lots of other busts have been happening, people I have known this year have more or less disappeared.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is weed extremely too scarce right now?  What the fuck guys, are we watching ourselves go down with the ships' captain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: xFrockx]
    #9316362 - 11/26/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Probably a local distortion in the space time continuum.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9316374 - 11/26/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: I'm not sure what the scarcity (or perceived scarcity) of marijuana has anything to do with the final days of Bush's term.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Icelander]
    #9316376 - 11/26/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Or at least the weed-money continuum.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Redstorm]
    #9316393 - 11/26/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I have a hypothesis.

Where I live most of the MJ is grown in mass by two different groups:

1.  The mob (smaller than it once was)

2.  The klan (not much smaller than it once was, at least in the hills)

The klan has been throwing little parties around my town to try to recruit people, its pretty odd.  I haven't heard of that happening for a long time.  Midi's are gone, no where to be found, which signals to me that the big producers are getting locked up or holding it.  The klan might do such a thing to get people more restless, so that they might get bored and join a group that 1. has weed, and 2. gives them something to do.

This is all speculation, im not saying im right.

But i think Obama's inauguration will be interesting.

Anyone ever seen Blazing saddles?

Edited by xFrockx (11/26/08 11:52 AM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9316413 - 11/26/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

"The Sheriff's a ...!"

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #9318192 - 11/26/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It actualy started during the Clinton Administration.

The federalization of local police forces.

The biggest increase of jack booted thugs..err cops...on the streets.

The biggest increase of non-violent drug offenders put behind bars while truly violent people sre being released to make room for the non-violent.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Redstorm]
    #9322451 - 11/27/08 02:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
"The Sheriff's a ...!"

:lol:

"Nobody move or the nigger gets it!"

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9322617 - 11/27/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just because it's in the flavor:

Submitted for your approval:  Boss Nigger

--------------------

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Minstrel]
    #9322630 - 11/27/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Blacksploitation might just be the greatest genre of film ever made.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9327684 - 11/28/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
"The Sheriff's a ...!"

:lol:

"Nobody move or the nigger gets it!"

"Excuse me while I whip this out. "

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9328082 - 11/28/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Obama Has Already Helped Wreck the Economy

So how can we expect him to save it?

November 26, 2008 - by Tom Blumer
Support Pajamas Media; Visit Our Advertisers

After an awful week in the stock market, Team Obama sent its acolytes out to the Sunday morning shows to let everyone know that the president-elect’s campaign promise to impose tax increases on higher-income earners as quickly as possible probably won’t kick in until at least 2011.

By doing so, Obama and his inner circle finally, if only tacitly, acknowledged what they had refused to recognize during the presidential campaign, namely that economic expectations matter in the here and now.

This opens the door to the incoming administration’s next required admission — that their candidate, their party, and the expectations they created during the presidential campaign have been mostly responsible for the steep dive in the equity markets, and, nearly six months ago, put the economy into what will probably officially be declared a recession after this year’s fourth quarter. Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Harry Reid did this in the areas of energy, taxation, and, with heavy assistance from Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke, bailouts. With the exception of forcing, with the help of public opinion, a temporary lifting of the Outer Continental Shelf offshore drilling ban, there is little George Bush or the Republican minorities in Congress have been able to do to stop them, or to manage expectations.

The recession, once it becomes official, will thus richly deserve designation as the POR (Pelosi-Obama-Reid) recession. Further, Obama’s and the Democratic Party’s performance on the economy must be benchmarked from June 1, 2008 — not Election Day, not Inauguration Day, and not, as traditionally has been the case, from October 1 of the new president’s first year in office.

Evidence of the POR triumvirate’s virtually unilateral damage to the economy began appearing as early as the fourth quarter of 2007, the first quarter of negative growth in six years. The POR recession itself began in June. The historically steep downward revision in second-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) growth from an annualized 3.3% to 2.8% in the government’s final September announcement was more than likely due to deterioration that occurred in the final month of the quarter.

It’s not at all a coincidence that June was the month in which it became crystal clear that despite sky-high oil prices, Pelosi, Obama, and Reid were hostile to the idea of drilling for more oil — offshore or anywhere else. Pelosi insisted that “we can’t drill our way out of our problems.” In the speaker’s world, this means that you don’t drill at all. Reid declared that we have to stop using oil and coal because “it’s making us sick.” Obama seemed pleased that gas prices were so high, saying only that “I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment” instead of the sharp spike. What a guy.

As would be expected, the country’s businesses, investors, and consumers, never having witnessed a political party dedicate itself so completely to starving its own national economy, reacted very negatively to all of this. I said at the time that “businesses and investors are responding to their total lack of seriousness by battening down the hatches and preparing for the worst.” Subsequent events have validated that observation.

Even as fuel prices have plummeted, the siege mentality in America remains. That’s because, until Sunday’s minor bow to deferring them, the POR economy’s architects seemed determined to ram massive Social Security and other tax hikes down the throats of the most productive 5% of Americans in the name of creating handouts — oh, I’m sorry, “refundable tax credits” — for millions of others. Americans know that you don’t increase taxes on anyone in a slowing economy, unless your goal is to slow it down even more. Until Sunday, that seemed to be what Pelosi, Obama, and Reid intended. But deferral is totally inadequate, both short-term and long-term. Instead of putting off tax hikes until the economy can supposedly “afford” them, what we need right here, right now, is another across-the-board tax cut. This would quickly free up money for capital investment and lead to stronger growth when recovery comes.

The cascade of bailouts finished the job of establishing recessionary conditions. These too can be laid at the feet of Pelosi, Obama, Reid, and Democrats in previous Congresses. The summer implosions at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — enterprises that were run into the ground by Democratic cronies who established irresponsibly lax lending rules that ultimately ruined the mortgage marketplace — exacerbated financial sector problems elsewhere and led to the SUCKUP (Seemingly Unlimited Cash Kitty Under Paulson) in late September.

Other POR economy agenda items loom ominously in the background: “windfall” profits taxes on energy producers, unionization of the unwilling through secret ballot-ending “card check” legislation, and a plethora of economy-choking environmental initiatives, to name just a few.

Collectively, these factors have weighed down the economy for nearly half a year. In recognition of when they began doing what they have done, Team Obama and the POR economy’s performance must therefore be benchmarked against where things stood on June 1, 2008, as follows:

Inflation (June 2007 through May 2008) — 4.2%.
Unemployment — 5.5% (as of the May report; currently 6.5%).
Prime rate — 5.0%.
DJIA — 12638 (down 36% as of the November 21 close).
S&P 500 — 1400 (down 43% as of that same close).
NASDAQ — 2523 (down 49%).
Quarterly GDP growth before the June-related adjustment — 3.3%.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-has-already-helped-wreck-the-economy/

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: Is our society closing in in the final days of Bush? [Re: Luddite]
    #9328134 - 11/28/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for posting in my thread with no opinion of your own.  I do enjoy when the effort it takes to respond is as simple as a two key combination and a couple mouse clicks.  I really do appreciate it, it makes for nice scenery as I scroll to read replies.  Thanks man, you've done us all a service.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom