Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinej0bak3r
Stranger
Grassy Fields? Conifer Forests? Help me!
    #9311093 - 11/25/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all - First Post.

I live in PNW just below the Canadian border in the city of Bellingham, WA. I know actives are all over here cause Ive seen locally picked shrooms sold all the time. The questions I have pertain to the habitat in which actives grow. I have a field down the street from my house that has grass in places about 5 inches tall and in others 3 feet tall. I have scoured that field for hours and have not found anything. It seems like so many of the environments I have read about to find Liberty Caps and other shrooms, and pictures posted on these forums have similar habitats to the field that Im talking about but there is nothing there. On the northern side of town however, out in the county you can find cow pastures. Also local to my area are conifer forests, but it seems the only things I will find in there are P. Pelliculosa or Amanitas.

I guess bottom of the line is this: I want to find an active by looking in the appropriate environment. Once that is done, it will be easier to identify environments similar to the once I found my first active and hopefully find lots more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDannyGlick

Re: Grassy Fields? Conifer Forests? Help me! [Re: j0bak3r]
    #9311154 - 11/25/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sheep pastures are good for libs,I've heard.Never found any though.:sad:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9311184 - 11/25/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What you need to do at this point is identify every mushroom that you can find growing on wood chips. Check all the wood chip piles and wood chip landscaped areas within 5 miles, the closer to home the better.

Your season is still going but it will be over when the hard freeze comes so get out there without delay and don't stop until you find them. 

Offlinej0bak3r
Stranger
Re: Grassy Fields? Conifer Forests? Help me! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9311447 - 11/25/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
What you need to do at this point is identify every mushroom that you can find growing on wood chips. Check all the wood chip piles and wood chip landscaped areas within 5 miles, the closer to home the better.

Is beauty barked areas/gardens a legitimate spot to look? My buddy also mentioned him finding a very interesting pile of woodchips in the in middle of the woods as if someone had put it there to grow mushrooms (it was covered in mushrooms). Unfortunatley I never had the opportunity to see the shrooms picked or the pile itself.

Another question: If I suspected a spot having actives growing but always being harvested before I manage to get there, what would be the best time in the early AM to go find the biggest  un-picked shrooms.

Offlinej0bak3r
Stranger
    #9312379 - 11/25/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I should mention that I've also explored some local logging trails. They were logged a long time ago and some areas have tall grass and new growth around them. I didn't find anything I believed to be active.

Offlinescatteredsun
Stranger

#9312643 - 11/25/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

woo bham!!

I'm thinking 'bout mounting a hunting expidition that way this coming weekend

I would suspect you'd have to go out Marine Dr** for libs.  Sheep, horses, llamas, alpacas are all out there

I know of quite a few alder mulched areas but I bet my friends up that way know them as well :wink:

**don't worry, Marine Dr is NOT a specific area in Bellingham :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds