Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekc_accidental
Tourist

Photography while under the influence
    #9300174 - 11/23/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Two weekends ago was the first time I had ever used a camera while on LSD. normally take really blurry long-exposure shots and trying that with acid by your side proves to have some very interesting results. Originally, I thought that trying to capture experiences/insights/visuals by way of some light-capturing apparatus would be a wasted effort.
Also, seeing New York City from the balcony of my friend's North Jersey apartment was absolutely incredible. The entire city was shrouded in fog. Lights would appear as the fog dissipated and built up again, making the city seem as if it were moving toward us and embracing us.

Has anyone taken any really neat pictures while on a psychedelic?
Please post 'em!

Some of my faves from the evening:

Edited by kc_accidental (11/23/08 08:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: kc_accidental]
    #9300188 - 11/23/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Those are very cool.

:thumbup:

Offlinekc_accidental
Tourist

#9300205 - 11/23/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

(continued)

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #9300240 - 11/23/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

cool pics :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#9300285 - 11/23/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

These are great photos.  I know what you mean about not being able to capture the trip, photo or otherwise.  I give you credit though because you've come as close as anyone I've seen. 1, 3, 5 are fantastic in any case.

I hope you'll explain the last one.

I've taken many photos tripping but none of them really give that feel.  I'm really inspired by you're use of aperature/exposure/or whatnot.  I'd like to know what kind of camera you're using.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: Beege]
    #9300303 - 11/23/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I take pictures often, I rather enjoy getting baked and shooting but I find when I'm on LSD I really have no reason to take pictures.

We were in the desert one time and I was frying really hard off some liquid we found at this rave that happened to be right by us...but anyway the sun came up, I grabbed my camera as the scenery was beautiful, I put it to my eye and I didn't know what the fuck to do next. Now I am a photographer, and that shit wasn't happening, and it didn't. I was still just too overwhelmed with the colors and whatever goes on in an acid trip.

I enjoy drawing immensely while sleeping with lucy though..hours on hours of painting, legs falling asleep, good times.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Offlinekc_accidental
Tourist

Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #9300351 - 11/23/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
These are great photos.  I know what you mean about not being able to capture the trip, photo or otherwise.  I give you credit though because you've come as close as anyone I've seen. 1, 3, 5 are fantastic in any case.

I hope you'll explain the last one.

I've taken many photos tripping but none of them really give that feel.  I'm really inspired by you're use of aperature/exposure/or whatnot.  I'd like to know what kind of camera you're using.

Well, that last one was pretty interesting. The photo itself isn't all that good, but seeing those shapes was monumental. All of the angles seemed to collide into perfection.
I actually used my girlfriend's Olympus SLR. It's about two years old and around 8 megapixels, I believe. Unfortunately, I only have a film SLR from the 90s, which is no good for experimenting with because you can't really experiment unless you want to spend tons of money on the film and developing. By the time I get them developed and I end up with a decent picture, I don't remember what the settings were! haha

I did manage to capture one cool photo that night with my film camera, though:

That was the flash of the digital camera through a drinking glass. The prism effect was what we were trying to capture, but it didn't even hold a candle to what we actually saw hahaha. We felt like we were in possession of some kind of ray gun.

Offlinekc_accidental
Tourist

Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9300385 - 11/23/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

underaroof said:
I take pictures often, I rather enjoy getting baked and shooting but I find when I'm on LSD I really have no reason to take pictures.

We were in the desert one time and I was frying really hard off some liquid we found at this rave that happened to be right by us...but anyway the sun came up, I grabbed my camera as the scenery was beautiful, I put it to my eye and I didn't know what the fuck to do next. Now I am a photographer, and that shit wasn't happening, and it didn't. I was still just too overwhelmed with the colors and whatever goes on in an acid trip.

I enjoy drawing immensely while sleeping with lucy though..hours on hours of painting, legs falling asleep, good times.

Yeah, I'm not much of a (good) photographer. It's more of just an activity that I really enjoy. I mostly took pictures a bit after the peak, so I was able to work the camera. Definitely confusing at first.

Offline5t3v3
sirsmokesalot
Male User Gallery

#9300470 - 11/23/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

kc, that top one in your first post is really sick.... in the continued post the bottom one is raw as fuck.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #9301583 - 11/24/08 12:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The prism effect was what we were trying to capture, but it didn't even hold a candle to what we actually saw hahaha. We felt like we were in possession of some kind of ray gun.

yeah it is almost like a futile activity trying to take a picture in a way you aren't even experiencing. Very frustrating might I add.

It was almost like a buzz kill knowing that you were taking a picture of static objects alien to what is going through your mind. I mean, these drugs do nothing but boost creativity (imo if its there and flowing) and I have taken successful pictures while shrooming, albeit not a very large dose. anyway keep filling the creative outlet

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #9301612 - 11/24/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i wonder if:

you were take a photograph of a hallucination with a digital camera would your mind display it on the LCD?

ive seen some weird shit on acid, this COULD happen.

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #9301828 - 11/24/08 01:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if you were having that hallucination with one eye closed, without walking around.. i dont see why not!

--------------------

Offlinekc_accidental
Tourist

Re: Photography while under the influence [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9304250 - 11/24/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to bump this. I'd like to see if others have photos to contribute. I think we could get a neat collection.

Jump to top Pages: 1