Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewood man
Supreme

please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it.
    #9298346 - 11/23/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hello fellow shroomers, i need some help from some one who has some experience with amanita muscaria.
After a period of enlightenment in with i read all i could find interesting about this "marvelous" mushroom, including dosages, preparation, history,effects and so on, i finally ate them last weekend. I live in galicia (spain; excuse me if my english is not perfect) and found this mushrooms, in with i have been interested for a long time, growing in the woods not far from my home. Me and a friend piked up quite a bit of them and intended on eating them on saturday. we did, with five friends( well actually almost the whole towns druggies had some amanita in their stomach at the end of the night but thats a long story), one of my friends tripped (good i think) another felt a bit delirius, and the rest of us felt nothing.

here is how i prepared them: the night aftar picking them i roasted them in the oven at 90ยบ celsius (we work in celsius around here). There were in there for at least 4 hours, and i also kept a provision of fresh caps without roasting. i also put them in the micro-waves grill (Grill not microwave, though the machine is the same), for final drying.

Later that night we ate them, i ate them with eggs in a french omelette me and the friend who also ate them in omelette ate like 2 fresh medium sized caps and 1.5 dried small and bulbous caps each, my other friends ate them fried with salt and mild spices.

we all thought they tasted delicious

ok, so here is the thing, me and two other friends had no fucking feeling, we ate what i think is a moderate dose, maby even too much four our first time, and felt nothing.

ill put out my case simple:

i ate aproximatedly 2 medium caps (only the top part that i red is more potent) and 1.5 small and oven dried caps ( also read that smaller ones are more potent. and had no effects.

the night was a disappointment and the shrooms were too.

we are sure they were muscarias (its hard to not bee sure because they are one of the most recognizable shrooms)  i can allso tell you its end of november when we piked them (read fall shrooms are diferent from summer ones) 3 days from today since we piked them (one since we ingested)

after this extensive wrigting that i dont know if any of you amanita experts is going to take the time to read (i hope you do) here go my cuestions:

why didnt i feel a thing? could it be that this amanitas i got werent too potent? could it be the mental state in witch we ate them? (i wanted a more spiritual and life revelating experience than just flipping and getting high but i had my rational mid-voice telling me all the night that they werent going to have any effect and that i wasent getting high, also one of my friends is very sceptical and narrow minded with all things concerning esoterics and that sort of things, he didnt feel a thing and maby influenced me)

another cuestion i have is the correct preparation of these fungi, ive read that the effects are different if you mix them with milk but this scares me a bit (i dont want to die like house flies, though i know it wont kill me) i also read a trip report here that is a bit disturbing and its about a guy that drinks them with milk and honey (calls it soma and i know soma (the typical indian drink, not the allucinogenic or mystical beverage allso indian) is made with milk and milky products, i know this because of my indian legacy, my mother is indian and told me this).

so i want to know if its more harmful with milk and what changes does the milk produce in the amanita.

i also wanna know at what temperature does the amanita loose its power, if it does, because all the amanitas we ate had passed very "high" temperatures ( i wanted the reaction of the iboteic acid to muscimol to happen). they were in the oven at low, then a little higher in the grill, and the fresh ones fried in a pan with olive oil.

so please help me, you people tHAt know more than me (i expect) because i really want to enjoy an experience like the good ones i read with this mushroom and im kind of dissapointed and confused now that i tried them and haven noticed its power.

SO THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANY PERSON THAT TAKES THE TIME HELPING ME (AND MY FRIENDS).

peace.

--------------------
We are all infinite lovers here...

Edited by wood man (11/24/08 04:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: wood man]
    #9298362 - 11/23/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm no druggie.

You're from Spain so I'm not offended but to me when someone calls you a druggie it's offensive,

but thats just me rabbling on.

Maybe you picked some dud shrooms, and you have to be VERY careful about that, if you're not sure what you're doing you could end up killing yourself.

It also sounds like you heated them up quite a bit, which severely kills their potency, if they had any to begin with.

Just eat them plain in the future, I find that messing with them too much (unless you know what your doing) can lead to making the trip less satisfying then if you had just eaten them normally.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (11/23/08 04:17 PM)

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: pfxtc]
    #9298435 - 11/23/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Information on the dose:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_dose.shtml

Information on how to prepare them:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info_petri.shtml

As far as why you didn't trip...Are you sure they were the correct ones?? The amanita family is rather large, and several represent others.

If you didn't weigh out your dose then I really can't tell you, but you should definitely try to weigh it out next time.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: MHbound]
    #9301707 - 11/24/08 01:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

hmm i ll say more at another time, but it sounds like in your case this was about mind state.

out of laziness im gona qoute myself on what i said to someone else

i know this might sound silly but a main thing i kinda left out is to prepare em with alot of love, and pray on them. properly blessing em i think gives the strongest feelings also, another thing that can kick em in harder is change of environment you can be on them but since your so in the setting you are in you dont notice the change or use it, i have had that happen to me while rolling or on other things. I think its best to treat these in the same regards as ayahuasca. come to think of it my friend cooks them in to many dishes my favorite being her curry. The curry hit me the hardest and most pleasant it was better then rolling but i think to some extent it was all the synergy from being with her.

i think synergy is the key to amanita you could call it placebo but its clearly not, its kinda mind over matter or at least using the mind beyond just taking drugs.

ill still stick with saying the fresher the better. and when drying em dont make em cracker dry go for semi soft dry, (easier to eat) and i guess show more respect to them or something.

something i have noticed about some psychedelics is people need triggers sometimes smoking pot is a tigger that make it hit them or going for a walk. hmm i dunno what else to say at the moment.

as i said tho im in a lazy mood so ill add more later

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinewood man
Supreme

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: pfxtc]
    #9302200 - 11/24/08 04:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
I'm no druggie.

You're from Spain so I'm not offended but to me when someone calls you a druggie it's offensive,

but thats just me rabbling on.

Maybe you picked some dud shrooms, and you have to be VERY careful about that, if you're not sure what you're doing you could end up killing yourself.

I intended no offense, now that i read it it kinda sounds unpleasant but i call people druggies in a non-offense-intended manner if they consume drugs, i think of myself as a druggie (i only smoke weed, hash and drink alcohol, and maybe some shrooms)  and have no problem if someone calls it to me in a familiar manner.

this is a hallucinogenic mushroom web and i suppose people in this forum eat, or have eaten psychedelic mushrooms or taken another drugs. so in my point of view you are druggies thats not the same as junkies, but again no offense intended.

anyway, back to my dilemma.

i am sure the shrooms were actually muscaria, if i still had some i would post pictures, but they were bight red and had the spots... how can you possibly confuse this shrooms?

it rained today so tomorrow or day after ill go get some more, next week end ill try them again i think.

--------------------

Offlinewood man
Supreme

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: thedudenj]
    #9302230 - 11/24/08 05:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thedudenj i understand your laziness (i am a lazy person) and respect it, and i hope you  will remember the Spanish guy's problem sometime you feel with a better mood.

i still haven't had a response as how milk affects amanita, i got the point of eating them fresh, and the mind preparation for eating them.

i don't really understand what synergy means.

but like i think i said before: i ate them with a open mind, i think, and wanted to have a revelation in my experience, or something that resolved some of my many existential doubts.

anyway ill try them again some time and would like more information about the milk preparation.

i also read somewhere that its better to pick only the ones living alone, not the ones in families (think were the words of a Kamchatka shaman). any comments on this?

Edited by wood man (11/24/08 05:07 AM)

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: wood man]
    #9302351 - 11/24/08 06:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I must admit, I was a bit offended with your salutation as well. I think it's kind of unreasonable to generalize something like mushrooms with something like crack. But that seems to be the ignorance of the world these days...

anyway, according to most of the literature you'll find on the subject: fly agarics should be cooked before consumption to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol. I myself have never tried fly agarics and from what I've read on them I think I'll stick with psilocybin-containing species.

--------------------

Offlinedeyon01
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: Beege]
    #9302501 - 11/24/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you cooked them too high.  You are supposed to use 90 degrees FARENHEIT.  90 degrees celcius is almost boiling.  try again.:amanitajar:

--------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: deyon01]
    #9302505 - 11/24/08 08:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

actually with fly agarics I believe the more heat the better, you want to convert as much as that ibotenic acid as possible. Just don't burn em.

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: Beege]
    #9302518 - 11/24/08 08:10 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Beege said:I myself have never tried fly agarics and from what I've read on them I think I'll stick with psilocybin-containing species.

I myself have tried fly agarics and from what I've experienced I know I'll stick with psilocybin-containing species.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /หŒvedส’ษ™หˆteษ™riษ™n/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9302532 - 11/24/08 08:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wood man said:
i am sure the shrooms were actually muscaria, if i still had some i would post pictures, but they were bight red and had the spots... how can you possibly confuse this shrooms?

These are all North American lookalikes, but there could be European ones as well; I haven't looked into it.

Amanita flavoconia
Region: Eastern North America

Key differences from Amanita muscaria:
  • Lacks the fuzzy concentric rings above the base of the stipe
  • Base is somewhat less swollen, and is marked by powdery yellow volva remnants
  • Stipe tends to taper more toward the cap; the stipe is generally yellowish, but may be pale enough for the color to be mistaken

Amanita frostiana
Region: Eastern North America

This species can be a very convincing look-alike for the yellow-orange varieties of A muscaria! While it's not known to contain amatoxins, the dangers of eating are not really known. This is a great reason to take great care in identification while picking.

• The base of the stipe doesn't bear the fuzzy concentric rings that are typical of A muscaria
  • The base of the stipe generally bears a collar around the base of the stipe, but this collar is not always present. See the first image of A frostiana above to get an idea of the appearance of the collar.
  • The cap is smaller in size than a typical cap of A muscaria, but due to morphological variability, this is not really a reliable indicator.
  • The stipe often (but not always) tapers towards the cap more significantly than in A muscaria.
  • The annulus (skirt-like ring) is fragile, and may fall off with age.

Amanita parcivolvata
Region: Eastern, and particularly southeastern North America

• Warts on the cap are somewhat less prominent
  • Lacks the distinctive concentric rings of shagginess
  • Cap tends to be bright red, while the varieties of A muscaria that occur in the same regions tend to be much more yellowish-orange.
  • Flesh tends to be substantially more yellow than A muscaria (particularly the stipe

Quote:

deyon01 said:
you cooked them too high.  You are supposed to use 90 degrees FARENHEIT.  90 degrees celcius is almost boiling.  try again.:amanitajar:

No, you're supposed to use 170 degrees fahrenheit, which is only slightly lower than 90 celsius. Where's you get the 90 fahrenheit number from?

But for the record, I think that heat probably was the issue. When I prepare them, I sautee them at high heat, but only for a couple minutes. The microwave grill (I'm not quite sure what that is) certainly could have been the problem.

Also, if it rained on the mushrooms while they were in their mature stage, then it could have washed out much of the active ingredients, making your shrooms weaker.

Offlinedeyon01
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9302591 - 11/24/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:right on, my bad.  thanks.

--------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

InvisibleCheesepoof
HeadyBrahBrah
Male

Loc: Memphis
Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: deyon01]
    #9303022 - 11/24/08 09:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I cooked 15g for about 30min for 200 farenheit and they worked wonders but then again I ate all 15g myself  :prance:

--------------------
I the witch finder

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: Cheesepoof]
    #9304165 - 11/24/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

"it rained on the mushrooms while they were in their mature stage, then it could have washed out much of the active ingredients, making your shrooms weaker."

very true. or as said if you picked actives and inactive mushrooms the will grow right next to each other.

i started brewing tea today personally when i brew with anything i do it on a sub boil. at first though eww this is why i dont make tea when i smelled it but then i broke out a scone, regular tea and cream and its not so bad.

Hmm another factor is did you pee shortly after ingestion.

a good read no one else really posts is this one http://inchem.org/documents/pims/fungi/pimg026.htm

its rapidly excreted in the first 20-90 min.

as far as milk i find milk to produce greater effects having it mixed in mix vs. not with milk shows a significant difference

as far as 1: synergism ; broadly : combined action or operation
2: a mutually advantageous conjunction or compatibility of distinct business participants or elements (as resources or efforts)

interaction of discrete agencies (as industrial firms), agents (as drugs), or conditions such that the total effect is greater than the sum of the individual effects

magic people always help with amanita so if you know any warlocks or witches im sure having it with them will aid in it ^.^

another thing i can note in some cases i have taken it with people and had it only work strongly on two of us while the other people had weak effects but also i had a stronger connection with the person that was hit as hard as me. its it comes down to energy flow. Sometimes i can absorbe the persons trip and stop them from tripping depends on the person and situation. they are totally magic

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinewood man
Supreme

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: thedudenj]
    #9305139 - 11/24/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:

as far as milk i find milk to produce greater effects having it mixed in mix vs. not with milk shows a significant difference

magic people always help with amanita so if you know any warlocks or witches I'm sure having it with them will aid in it ^.^

i don't get the mixed in mix vs. thing.

i will try to find some kind of special person, i think i know the one, but unfortunately  there aren't any witches or warlocks between my friends, ill find someone though.
actually next time we have it, my friend and i are going to make kind of a ritual, a bone fire or something, maybe we will even compose something, and play-read it before consuming.

I've read wonders about this shroom and people that get on its good side always recommend it, besides it has all that mythical and historical past that makes it so much more attractive. I'm certainly going to feel something with this shroom, and i bet it will be good.

in the link thedudenj posted, it says that "The toxins are thermostable and are NOT destroyed by
                    cooking." talking about the ibotenic acid and muscimol. according to that the excess heat doesn't destroy them.

do baked amanita smell awfully like fish-tank fish food? its a potent smell (got it on my whole room) and quite unpleasant. is this smell right?

today it rained a bit, tomorrow I'm going to get more red caps in the woods. found a little hidden spot where they grow quite nice. hope the rain doesn't get to them. but help them grow. I'm eating a whole lot next time though.

oh and Entropymancer thanx for worrying, you kind of scared me there for a moment. but my amanita are muscaria, at least they are not any of those look alikes, and I'm certain they were the right ones.

oh forgot to mention: are the smaller ones really more potent? like the really bulbous ones that are like a red ball with a short stem, that aren't very old.

peace and thanx for ur time.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9306128 - 11/24/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

heres a message for all those people that worry about lessions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamic_acid_(flavor)#Health_concerns

so dont eat that stuff its rumoured to cause olney's lessions too

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9307742 - 11/24/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not overly concerned about ibotenic acid's neurotoxicity, I don't imagine it's any worse for the brain than a night of heavy alcohol consumption.

Still, there's no reason not to play it safe. All you have to do is eat it with garlic; garlic contains S-allyl-l-cysteine, which protects against the neurotoxic effects of ibotenic acid.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: please help me (oh experts) with my ingestion of Amanita Muscaria and my questions about it. [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9308701 - 11/25/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

tee hee thats usually an ingredient in alot of things i cook cause i love garlic

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9309111 - 11/25/08 06:27 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

garlic is friggin awesome

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9310244 - 11/25/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i guess ill also note all my cracker dry amanita were weak as fuck that were air dried as where the still dough like soft ones have almost full power as fresh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals